Myth for extraction

And i dont think anyone would argue that the early auto strains weren't that great a plant. But, today's are nothing compared to the originals. To me, anythng over 20% is just about too strong.

Do you have a journal started?
Couldn't agree with you more.

A friend has been growing autos for years now. This is my first go at it. Should be cutting her down in a few days, actually.

I see what you're saying about being "too strong." For me, it is more for medicinal than recreational use (not that I am in any way, shape, or form denigrating the latter). For it to be effective during the day, it also has to not be debilitating. That said, I like the idea of growing a very high potency strain purely for use in extracts... Tinctures, wax, etc. Might try one of each next go round.

Couldn't agree with you more.

A friend has been growing autos for years now. This is my first go at it. Should be cutting her down in a few days, actually.

I see what you're saying about being "too strong." For me, it is more for medicinal than recreational use (not that I am in any way, shape, or form denigrating the latter). For it to be effective during the day, it also has to not be debilitating. That said, I like the idea of growing a very high potency strain purely for use in extracts... Tinctures, wax, etc. Might try one of each next go round.

I am partial to sativa for that very reason. Indica makes me stoopid

I'm not sure i can remember the video that i first heard this myth from. The thought that an autoflower wouldn't be able to produce extracts the same seems strange to me. I was thinking there may be some chance that an autoflower might not produce as hearty of trichomes because the plant is growing at a faster rate, which when squished can't withstand the pressure the same. Seems farfetched and would require a scientific level of tests to truly find the answer i think.

I will know for sure in a few months as I have someone in the industry who is going to extract half - 3/4 of my total yield. (Fresh frozen/ live resin bho). If it’s comparable to photos and if we can mine diamonds from it, bye bye photos

I’ve been smoking over 20 years and my first grow was autos and was some of the best bud I’ve ever had so, I think as far as smoking and potency goes, they have definitely come a long way.

I've had bho runs that absolutely mirror runs with autos and with commercial stuff, some strains yielding like bananas, some yielded precious amounts of pure flavor and alot that were middle of the road in yield potency and flavor/effect. And some that didn't yield for anything but smoked fine. No one can tell the difference with the wax from photos or autos. I can just barely notice the slight edge reduction from some elevated CBD but it's getting lesser and lesser with the auto strains from the last 3 years

Back