new outdoor grow

D

doctorosmosis

new outdoor grow ( super cali haze)

Joe Dirt suggested I start this thread here and I therefor follow his greater knowledge.
Originally pitched this in the outdoor grow threads area;

New Outdoor Grow
Hi there.
I have 3 beans sprouting (super cali haze), and am thinking of trying to grow outdoors (northern uk).
My concerns are;
Is it too late in season to grow outdoors?
Should I start acclimatising them outdoors for a few hours a day?
Can I start the grow outside and finish it indoors?
All help/suggestions greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe Dirt suggested I start this thread here and I therefor follow his greater knowledge.

Hey man, that's probably the first time "Joe Dirt" and "greater knowledge" had ever been used in the same sentence. :D

If you can edit the title (which I think you can, if you click "go advanced" after you click "edit"), you might mention ACH or Auto Cali Haze to get the kind of attention you're looking for. :peace:

From what I've been reading you a lot help Joe!

Your in the northern hemisphere, I would say it to late to get a good harvest but not to late to grow a little something. Have fun!

SCH won't finish for you now. Too late in the season.

Check out MrMcG's thread in the outdoor section. His grow is in the UK, you'll see how far along they are.

If it was me i would wait until next year for an outdoor patch.

You can start outdoors and finish them indoors, IF you have sufficient light indoors. SCH takes about 4 months to grow. Once the days start getting short and temperatures cool off, growth will start to slow outdoors. You could extend the season some by making a simple A frame style cold frame covered in clear plastic. If you choose to go the outdoor route, move the seedlings outdoors after about 2 weeks to a semi shaded spot for a couple days until they become used to outdoors, then move to full sun.

I start the little autos inside in pots and when two of my plants that finish in mid August are done I move them out to take their place in the raised beds. Even in southern Canada we can usually grow until the end of October outside. Lots of time for an Mi5 or Snowryder to finish up from Mid August. Of course they are a month old as they go out.

Back