Newbie looking for input

MedicalCBDUser

New User
Reaction score
Hello all,

Been looking around the forum trying to soak up as much info as I can before getting into my first tent setup and grow.

Will be working with my local grow shop for the equipment and ongoing support. He perfers photos but I have decided autos would be my preference.

I am licensed for 25 plants but between finances and space I will be going with a 4x4 tent and am looking at the mars hydro ts 3000. I did consider two tents but am limited by budget and the amount of power from the wall in the area I will be growing in.

I read a post by one of the members here that does a perpetual grow in a 4x4 tent by staggering the plants 20 days apart. So I plan on adapting this strategy after I do my initial grow, this way I have a bit of a supply on hand. My prescription is for 5 grams a day, I don't use that much most days but am looking to have as much on hand as possible at all times. Buying from my LP is dam expensive.

I don't have any particular strain in mind but it needs to be 3% or less THC do to my medical conditions.

I know it depends on strain but I was hoping to have a minimum of four plants if not more in the first run and at least four once starting the perpetual grow like I mentioned.

Plan on doing soil grows. The guy at the local grow shop is supplying all nutrients.

Initially I had big plans of a 8x8 tent and packing it full but the reality of my finances kicked in as well as it being a large undertaking for a first time grower.

Any and all input is appreciated and welcome. I look forward to getting this underway once my payment comes in to get started.

Thanks in advance.

Hello all,

Been looking around the forum trying to soak up as much info as I can before getting into my first tent setup and grow.

Will be working with my local grow shop for the equipment and ongoing support. He perfers photos but I have decided autos would be my preference.

I am licensed for 25 plants but between finances and space I will be going with a 4x4 tent and am looking at the mars hydro ts 3000. I did consider two tents but am limited by budget and the amount of power from the wall in the area I will be growing in.

I read a post by one of the members here that does a perpetual grow in a 4x4 tent by staggering the plants 20 days apart. So I plan on adapting this strategy after I do my initial grow, this way I have a bit of a supply on hand. My prescription is for 5 grams a day, I don't use that much most days but am looking to have as much on hand as possible at all times. Buying from my LP is dam expensive.

I don't have any particular strain in mind but it needs to be 3% or less THC do to my medical conditions.

I know it depends on strain but I was hoping to have a minimum of four plants if not more in the first run and at least four once starting the perpetual grow like I mentioned.

Plan on doing soil grows. The guy at the local grow shop is supplying all nutrients.

Initially I had big plans of a 8x8 tent and packing it full but the reality of my finances kicked in as well as it being a large undertaking for a first time grower.

Any and all input is appreciated and welcome. I look forward to getting this underway once my payment comes in to get started.

Thanks in advance.

Hi CBDuser - Welcome to AFN!!

:welcome::welcome:

I've not grown CBD type plants before, but i'll tag some that have @St. Tom @Waira - perhaps they can offer some suggestions of strains for you.

I like about 2 x 2 feet per plant, but if you prepared to train them, perhaps deofliate and have good air circulation and exchange you should be able to cram 3-4 in there.

For me sometimes more plants is just more trouble and not more yeild. (or enough to make it worth it)

Light Choices ... I say get the best you can afford. A good light can be the difference between getting by and rocking it. (Mars do a slightly higher spec light for that kind of space i think .. you may even see occasional giveaways or discounts here @Marshydro )

Nutrients .. if your grow shop buddy hasn't grown Autos, I'd double here check before buying (and soil types too .. auto prefer a Light mix rather than a heavily pre nuted soil)
I'd also triple check dosages, because photoperiods can handle a higher stregth and are not on a life and death timer.

I'm sure you'll get loads of help along the way - looking forward to seeing your journal!!

All the best

Blue
:d5:

Hello all,

Thanks in advance.
Hello my friend I grow in a 4x4 tent so 4 plants will be sound for you bro I sometimes stagger them well always for years but this new run I've went with photo plants for a change .I can't recommend any strains I think your best googling a suitable strain for your needs

With 4/20 sales getting ready to happen you might get a good deal......best advise I can give is pay attention to your water quality and PH.......and good luck, we are here to help if we can.

Hi CBDuser - Welcome to AFN!!

:welcome::welcome:

I've not grown CBD type plants before, but i'll tag some that have @St. Tom @Waira - perhaps they can offer some suggestions of strains for you.

I like about 2 x 2 feet per plant, but if you prepared to train them, perhaps deofliate and have good air circulation and exchange you should be able to cram 3-4 in there.

For me sometimes more plants is just more trouble and not more yeild. (or enough to make it worth it)

Light Choices ... I say get the best you can afford. A good light can be the difference between getting by and rocking it. (Mars do a slightly higher spec light for that kind of space i think .. you may even see occasional giveaways or discounts here @Marshydro )

Nutrients .. if your grow shop buddy hasn't grown Autos, I'd double here check before buying (and soil types too .. auto prefer a Light mix rather than a heavily pre nuted soil)
I'd also triple check dosages, because photoperiods can handle a higher stregth and are not on a life and death timer.

I'm sure you'll get loads of help along the way - looking forward to seeing your journal!!

All the best

Blue
:d5:
Thank you for the input Blue. Will do some research here to check out the nutrients I should use and how much.

As for what I can afford, I only have one shot at getting a setup for the foreseeable future so it needs to be as close to perfect as I can get it. So I will spend good money where it is needed to do this right.

T
Hello my friend I grow in a 4x4 tent so 4 plants will be sound for you bro I sometimes stagger them well always for years but this new run I've went with photo plants for a change .I can't recommend any strains I think your best googling a suitable strain for your needs
Thank you. This is good to hear. Will dig into the different strains as well.

Hi there! Good luck with your endeavour, I hope you are able to take good care of yourself. I'm not well versed on CBD strains but I do know that Dutch Passion has quite a few to choose from and some new non THC focused strains. I would peruse their strains and perhaps @DutchPassionTony or @Antonio_DutchPassion could help steer you as well. I'm not sure on % THC/CBD so you may need to ask.

If you are in the US - North Atlantic Seed Company carries DP and you can filter by CBD strains. Just use the drop down box where it says "Cannabis Type"

The CBG Force lists extremely low THC in their description:

Twenty20 Mendocino also has a nice CBD autoflower called Vidamints. @Twenty20 Adam is very active member here so I would look as his strain also.

Hi there! Good luck with your endeavour, I hope you are able to take good care of yourself. I'm not well versed on CBD strains but I do know that Dutch Passion has quite a few to choose from and some new non THC focused strains. I would peruse their strains and perhaps @DutchPassionTony or @Antonio_DutchPassion could help steer you as well. I'm not sure on % THC/CBD so you may need to ask.

If you are in the US - North Atlantic Seed Company carries DP and you can filter by CBD strains. Just use the drop down box where it says "Cannabis Type"

The CBG Force lists extremely low THC in their description:

Twenty20 Mendocino also has a nice CBD autoflower called Vidamints. @Twenty20 Adam is very active member here so I would look as his strain also.

That is great info thank you. I have experience with Charlotte's angel and would love to do a grow of it. Find it a great strain.

I am actually in the great white north.

I have been digging into nutrient and soil information since you all mentioned it this morning. Learned alot but am a little confused.

What I have read states that for autos in the different stages needs a different ratio of NPK. The thing I am confused on is whether or not the term fertilizer and nutrients are interchangeable or two different things. I have read that in fertilizer N needs to be in higher levels early on in a ratio of 20-10-10 then reduced. With nutrients we would use a maximum of 1/2 recommended because recommended amounts are for photos.

For soil I think I would go with the light mix or no nutrients added and provide all the nutrients.

So much to learn. So I will be asking lots of questions if that is cool?

For soil I think I would go with the light mix or no nutrients added and provide all th
This is a good decision….look for promix hp if you can find it. Its an inert mix. If you’re on a budget, Green Leaf nutrients are excellent, easy to use and very cheap.
Also, you’ll likely find better deals on a tent from Amazon than the shop. Then maybe put the savings towards a quality light. Hope it helps, good luck on your adventure.

Back