Newbie looking for input

Soil is the magic incredient :) light mix is OK for starters. You may experiment with coco someday. As a base i simply would suggest you look for a fluffy soil, with some lime and well drying. Whatever you choose, I suggest adding 1/4 to 1/3 perlite, to better aereate the roots. NPK suggestion somewhere about 0.1/0.1/0.1 - seedling soil with a good PH - I prefer a PH ~6.0 soil. Salts will build up anyway if you don't grow bio - but then this soil is not your choice.
The lighter the NPK mix is, the sooner you need to give some fertilizer.
In soil fertilizers are buffered for longer - thats better for an even uptake. But if one Nutritient builds up and you run into lockouts, its harder to get into control again. You want to avoid this absolutly more than any deficiency.
The optimum soil woult have all nutes to be consumed to the same level, when you start feeding.
Perhaps you find the perfect soil/plant combination that allows you to grow without any fertilizer until preflower, when you go with bloom nutes anyway. Tackling this saves money and avoids unnecessary (changing) nutes.
With light mix you will have to give some nutes earlier on I think - obviously depending on the potsize - go bigger pots :).

As for the lights - plan your setup. The canopy should be under even light - allover. Perhaps calculate if its better to have two in the space you would take with one. With two you have the opportunity to better handle the light - you can give them an angle to the center and if a cola shoots to high, you can step aside with two lamps. And you better control distance. Moving things around is great, especially if you have a lot of plants in that space :) Lights are a long term investment - think twice, and not just about "more power!"

Thats a bit that wasn't too redundant, and it's just what I - simply search the forums a little more. I can't give any advice on brands or "the perfect" thing.

Last edited:
That is great info thank you. I have experience with Charlotte's angel and would love to do a grow of it. Find it a great strain.

I am actually in the great white north.
I grow Charlotte's angel fairly regularly. My wife's favorite strain by a mile. Highly recommend. She only goes through about a plant every 8 months or so, but I usually get around 4oz in 5 gallons of Coco. Smells and tastes like limes. Works great for her anxiety. I've been blending her strains for a while now, but she used to be able to pass an at home drug test when she was vaping exclusively Charlotte's angel :pass:

Welcome. I recently picked up some Fastbuds Autoflower 20:1 CBD. I haven't had a chance to grow it but the descriptions sound good and Fastbuds has some great seeds.

Back