Newbie with Nutrients?

obfuscate

REDACTED
Reaction score
Hello! Thanks for your time first and foremost!

Okay, so I originally planned a hydroponic grow but decided to use some freebie seeds that I started in Coco Noir, about 10 days in I transplanted the two autos into Coco Loco in a bigger pot. ( I just wanted to see a full grow with some seeds that are somewhat expendable to dip my toes in all this.)

I am at about the 14 day mark and its about time to start adding nutrients, and I think I may be already noticing deficiencies on a leaf on one of two plants, its turning yellowish on the outer part but only on one leaf.

I'm new to nutrients and was recommended the Rare Dankness Perfecta Nutrients 4 Part Starter Box.

This contains:
  • 1.5 LBs of Rare Dankness Perfecta Base - Nitric acid, ammonium calcium salt
  • 1.5 LBs of Rare Dankness Perfecta Veg - Ammonium nitrate, Potassium nitrate , Disodium tetraborate, decahydrate
  • 2 lbs of Rare Dankness Perfecta Bloom - Potassium nitrate , Potassium nitrate , Disodium tetraborate, decahydrate
  • 0.25 lbs of Rare Dankness Perfecta Fortify - Silicic acid, potassium salt ; Potassium silicate
Here are the feeding charts they provide:

However, I am confused, what is the difference between Normal and Aggressive Feeding Strategies?
Should I go with the second, "Recommended Strength Feeding Chart", if so, do I only feed/water with the water that the nutrients are within? Or should I separate the gallon into 7ths and then water as needed as usual?

Lastly, They have a calculator?
I was unfamiliar with EC and what the Injector Ratio relevance was until I just did some research.
I don't have an EC meter or a drip irrigation system for fertilization.

So, at this point I'm thinking I should just follow the "Recommended Strength Feeding Chart", Split the Nutri/Aqua Mix into 7ths for each day of the week, and then water accordingly if Coco is dry, etc.

Thanks for reading this, and for any help at all!

Reactions: AMG
Hello bud. I am in coco, no expert BTW. However, should have been feeding from the off. If you have no pen, I would be thinking about feeding about 25-35% of what they say and take it from there. Probably big enough now for a feed to 20% run off, pic would help though.
Others will offer better advice that really know their stuff.
Cheers
EP3

Coco is hydro and you had better take some quick lessons on using coco.

Nitrogen from ammonia will attract spider mites and other insect problems. This is a long video but it is a lot shorter than fighting off the "Borg".

Then take a primer on salt nutrients:

:goodluck:

Hello bud. I am in coco, no expert BTW. However, should have been feeding from the off. If you have no pen, I would be thinking about feeding about 25-35% of what they say and take it from there. Probably big enough now for a feed to 20% run off, pic would help though.
Others will offer better advice that really know their stuff.
Cheers
EP3

Are you saying I should have been feeding from the jump? I was following Mephistos grow guide, which seemed to imply to only water until around 15-18 days.

I will attach a photo to this post, give me just a minute!

Also, so you're saying I only use 20% of what they are suggesting I mix with the water to feed because I do not have the EC pen?

Yeah, that mephistos guide is really confusing me now at this point haha. I have a PPM pen, and PH pen, so I need an EC pen now?

Reactions: AMG
Coco is hydro and you had better take some quick lessons on using coco.

Nitrogen from ammonia will attract spider mites and other insect problems. This is a long video but it is a lot shorter than fighting off the "Borg".

Then take a primer on salt nutrients:

:goodluck:

Thank you. I guess it makes sense that it is basically hydro because of the ease of water flow through the root system. I will be reading these right now. I still have a lot to learn.

Ec and ppm the same. You need to figure out if you are on Hanna ot truncheon scale. You eu/uk likely truncheon us likely hanna.
Cheers
EP3

Ec and ppm the same. You need to figure out if you are on Hanna ot truncheon scale. You eu/uk likely truncheon us likely hanna.
Cheers
EP3
Isn't PPM & TDS synonyms, as well as EC & CF?
Obviously they're all somewhat synonymous if we're able to convert them. I'm trying to figure out and document the exact conversion right now.
I really just need to get a EC Stick tomorrow! I just need to mix these nutrients but I don't want to starve my girls if I don't have to, I want to see the fullest potential I can push at this point.

I'm just happy I started small because I am running into so many things I didn't know was important or needed.

Here you go m8.
ec-ppm-conversion-table.png

Cheers,
EP3

Here you go m8.
View attachment 1355879
Cheers,
EP3

I do appreciate the reply. I finally think I got the concept of EC and CF, but with these feeding charts I'm not understanding what I need to do exactly?

Screenshot 2021-08-16 083828.png

Do I take make sure the EC of the water is 1, and then however many grams the nutrients equals out to is equal to how many gallons I mix it in with? I'm very confused about this.

Reactions: EP3
I do appreciate the reply. I finally think I got the concept of EC and CF, but with these feeding charts I'm not understanding what I need to do exactly?

View attachment 1355928

Do I take make sure the EC of the water is 1, and then however many grams the nutrients equals out to is equal to how many gallons I mix it in with? I'm very confused about this.
Hello from that chart week 1 the target is a EC of 1 which is way to high for week one so if you mix your nutes up with in that ratio you should get a EC of 1 for week 1
my Genreral nute ppm for auto canna coco A&B
Seedlings 225ppm
early veg 255 to 350ppm
Late veg 350 to 450ppm
bloom 400 to 500ppm
The trouble is diffrent brands use diffrent ratio's to get the correct ballance of nutes i use the light feeding which is more then enough which is 75% of what the manafacture say
Hope this helps and yes you start from 0ppm or 0EC if it says that. I have to have a start 0.2Ec with canna

Last edited:
Back