NLS Amendment for Autoflower…Is it really as simple as just add water?

Howdy All
I’m researching a simpler nutrient feeding approach and came across Nature’s Living Soil. Follow the instructions for mixing super-soil. Use my fresh RO water which normally has a PPM of 15-20 and using fresh so the pH doesn’t change. Buffered and pH’d to 6.4-7.0. I have my 1st quality pH pen coming, Apera PH60 once it is here if my fresh RO doesn’t pH in that range I will probably check out spring water as I am not ready to invest in organic pH up and down, although I guess I could use lemon juice and baking soda. When watering don’t water to get overrun. IS IT REALLY THAT EASY?

I’ve read the tutorial on growweedeasy.com.

I’ve researched posts were the grower uses NLS, some do add additional nutrients and have nutrients problems, others that add and don’t have nutrient problems There are growers who just add water and have nutrient problems. There are others that have great success, while others say it’s overrated and too expensive. I’m as usual confused.

I would be grateful for those that do or have used NLS for autoflower or the original for your autoflower to share your experience so I may learn by others experience to help make my decision. Is there another super soil for cannabis/autoflower marketed (not interested in making my own) that you use?

Thank you.

My buddy uses the Mixasoil concentrate with 7G bags & it works great. He still top dresses once in the beginning & once going into flower.

Well, It depends on if your intent on following the all natural organic path or not. I've done a few grows using the same spent, off the shelf pellets and non pH'd water. I'm old, lazy and look for the easiest way I can get something done so it works for me.....and it's pretty damn cheap too.

I use the NLS autoflower concentrate, it makes a fantastic grow medium, you will need to topdress with their girl flower power right before the stretch ends and flowering starts. Essentially water only, I did add some Recharge on at least two waterings during stretch and flower. I also added some Bud Candy to the water a few times during flowering. I also added Yucca during most waterings to prevent dry spots.

I’m 30 days into a NLS grow. So far so good.
IMG_0089.jpeg

Back