Fast Buds Norse Grower's Cherry Cola

Day 24: Things have been going fairly straight forward for this girl. I do think I slowed her growth some with a combination of over watering and topping a little too early. I did it at same time as another plant a couple days older and that wasn't ideal. It's my first time using a 2 gallon pot and I didn't realize how much I had pot saturated until I saw how many days passed before it dried out. So I take full responsibility for any stunting on this one. I think my next Cherry Cola will be left to grow naturally.

This one isn't out of the game though BUT she is out of the tent. I had another plant go beast mode in tent with this one and overshadow her. I moved her to another tent so she will get her share of canopy.

Now before the stretch she is 4 pretty even cola plant showing signs of preflower. I expect the stretch to help her out some size wise and my concentration with her will be quality resin not biomass so I am still very excited to see how this one goes. She will get fed for first time today and just received some more low stress training in form of tomato clips along with some defoliation and lollipopping today.

IMG_20221106_150546_(2214_x_2600_pixel).jpg

IMG_20221106_150539_(2889_x_2600_pixel).jpg

Last edited:
Day 53 and I want to apologize to anyone following along, I have been slacking. The truth is I was up in the air if I was going to pull her or not and just let the documenting go for a bit. I wish I didn't so others could have learned. I planned to use Cold War Organic nutrients and did a single feeding using it with another plant and didn't like how much residue is involved. It was like using recharge every watering and just didn't like the mixing process. I had a line of Advanced Nutrients I bought thinking about using with autopots but went another route. So I decided I would use it up on this and other current grows. Well I have been using liquid organics and forgot the 1/2 rule. The first feeding I gave this poor Cherry Cola she didn't take it well at all!! She had 90% of leaves "clawed" and looked poor.

I feel I already did her injustice with young topping and over watering and now this lol Poor plant!!! Well after about a week I decided I was going to pull her. I had done this once before to a plant and she didn't recover well. I went into the tent to kill her off and saw how far along buds were and decided to ride it out. I let her go a week or so and just got around to taking pictures. She will give me good meds and I will not hold her size or stature against her that's for sure. That being said, I won first place on Grow Diaries for the October Meme contest LOL and I am in final 4 on Instagram right now for November. So that's pretty damned sweet!! Waiting for my prize so I can brag I am a professional meme maker lol More to come on this lady!

CCday53.jpg

Today is day 62 and she has done great last week. She has really done great entire time if it wasn't for the nutrient shock early in. At 62 days I can see the buds starting to mature. I will evaluate by the end of the week if the two week cut off of nutrient begins or not. I am guessing from all current signs she will be 75-80 day plant so I will start the flush pretty soon.

CCWeek8.jpg

CCweek81.jpg

@NorseGrower looking nice, glad you didnt cull her. I have some of these beans. How is she smelling?
Sorry man, I didn't answer right away because I didn't really pay attention and wanted to give you proper answer. But my nose aint working lol and I just purposely smelled and I can smell a strong smell but can't define. I lost most of my sense of smell with covid this year and need to try to retrain with some essential oils.

Hello all,

Today is day 70 on this one. I hit her with the Winter Frost this past week and she will get nothing but water from here on out. The frost is gathering, the buds are maturing and she will be upside down before long. I have yet to scope bud but that's coming in around Christmas. Once I see about 20% amber she will get the chop.

20221222_194757~2.jpg

20221222_194844~2.jpg

20221222_194858~2.jpg

I never remove. These plastic clips have give as opposed to the 3D printed ones and will stretch straight before they will harm the plant.
If you look at the pictures of stock from December 5th and 14th you will see those plant bends almost straightened out lol They don't harm the plant at all because they give. The 3D printed ones (PLA) will not bend or give and its one of many reasons I don't bother 3D printing them.

Back