Nutrient defiancy issues using coco/Megacrop.

YoungGrassh0pper

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Alien V. Triangle, Heartbreaker, Purple Pope, Mango Sky
Running into some problems on my end with a couple girls in my room. Don’t think it’s strain specific since they’re two separate cultivars. I think I’m having a mag toxicity problem, but I don’t have enough experience on my end to run with it.I thought it had something to do with the heat, which has been a problem during my AvT harvest. I purchased a portable AC that I will install over the weekend.

Problem: rust spots, leading to dead leafs

Medium/grow method:Cloud Coir coco perlite. Hand feed. Reused from first grow. Presoak medium to get it ready for new grow.

Feed: and supplements used: 1 part Megacrop and Bud Explosion

water source: Filtered Tap water using boogie blue filter. 2020 water report shows 288ppm hardness. I get 250 ppm with boogie blue filter. ~7.0ph starting.

Strain/age: Purple Biscauto (day 50) and Mango Isle (day 66)

light used: HLG 300L for PB, kingbrite 600w QBar set with CREE reds. Set them using the photon app.

Climate: due to weather, and Location of room, rooms tends to be ~88F/55%RH, past couple weeks has been ~90.

Additional info: I usually feed 15g of Megacrop/5g of Bud Explosion in 5gal of water, but switched to 16g of MC/3g of BE today. Any help is greatly appreciated. I know @Mañ'O'Green has been working on a spreadsheet for MC. Hopefully he has some insight, but I appreciate help from anyone. I would really like to get my room dialed in. Thanks again!

B6CC32CD-8A46-4A9C-A036-DF1966C18163.jpeg
F1794B2A-07E7-4533-AC69-E4AD533DA19B.jpeg
071BE819-0992-4FCB-9ED2-87C1A6C1A610.jpeg
98DF9D97-B00C-4686-86E6-33D691D9E08A.jpeg
0D224E4A-1C3B-45D0-94DB-0F1EFB29C26F.jpeg
7D3412A1-ED72-4220-A5A7-70C9BB675E38.jpeg

Reactions: EP3
@YoungGrassh0pper The high calcium content of your water combined with the calcium in the Mega Crop is just too much even for coco. According to my calculations this is the best combination for you to use but you need to cut your water 50/50 with distilled or RO from the bottle machines in the store. Or get an RO system. 2.5g MC, .5g Epsom Salt and .5g Cal-Mag pr gallon of 125 PPM water.

2021-07-21_19-57-34.png

@YoungGrassh0pper The high calcium content of your water combined with the calcium in the Mega Crop is just too much even for coco. According to my calculations this is the best combination for you to use but you need to cut your water 50/50 with distilled or RO from the bottle machines in the store. Or get an RO system. 2.5g MC, .5g Epsom Salt and .5g Cal-Mag pr gallon of 125 PPM water.

View attachment 1346168
Thanks @Mañ'O'Green! I really appreciate you taking the time to do this. I guess I have some things to think about. I didn’t have this problem in the winter. I don’t even own cal mag, didn’t need it first grow.

Thanks @Mañ'O'Green! I really appreciate you taking the time to do this. I guess I have some things to think about. I didn’t have this problem in the winter. I don’t even own cal mag, didn’t need it first grow.
I know it seems crazy to blend your water and then add back calcium but it is the balance with the magnesium and sulfur that is out of whack. The phosphorous is still a little high but not in a problem strength.

I know it seems crazy to blend your water and then add back calcium but it is the balance with the magnesium and sulfur that is out of whack. The phosphorous is still a little high but not in a problem strength.

it doesn’t really seem crazy at all. need to figure out a long term solution for water if I have to deal with this kind of water during the summer.

it doesn’t really seem crazy at all. need to figure out a long term solution for water if I have to deal with this kind of water during the summer.
I know things like this are not always in the budget but this was not too expensive.

ScreenHunter_311 Dec. 09 11.27.jpg

I know things like this are not always in the budget but this was not too expensive.

View attachment 1346188
thanks for the suggestion @Mañ'O'Green. Good thing is I have enough bathrooms to take one over without the Mrs. attempting to kill me :rofl: . I’ll have to look into this a lot sooner than later Since it seems I’ll have this water problem for at least another month or more.

@Mañ'O'Green @Twenty20 Adam So I discovered the problem... thanks to the Mrs.

I told her my problem and how dumb that our water will change in the summer and she said "well maybe your new filter doesn't work, you should read the water without it". Sure enough same reading without the filter. My brand new blue boogie plus isn't working :nono: :cuss:. Water from fridge reading 187, pretty much what I gave them during the winter with no problems.

My plants are getting a healthy dose of chloramine :nono:.

Will return the filter and buy the one I bought initially.

Hate it when stuff is faulty when its new.

It has cost me weeks possibly months over the years with faulty equipment straight out the box.
Cheers
EP3

same, bro! I even paid for the premium filter this time around. I'm happy I figured it out though. I still may buy some epsom salt to have on the shelf though. I would have never guessed to check the brand new filter.
Hate it when stuff is faulty when its new.

It has cost me weeks possibly months over the years with faulty equipment straight out the box.
Cheers
EP3

Back