Nutrient defiancy issues using coco/Megacrop.

A "Blue Boogie" will not remove the minerals from your water. Maybe some heavy metals but mostly chlorine and chloramines.

I have the same situation where I live somtimes I get surface water 80 PPM and somtimes well water near 200 PPM. It fluctuates with the seasons. That is why I have the RO system because at 200 it just does not work for hydro.

A "Blue Boogie" will not remove the minerals from your water. Maybe some heavy metals but mostly chlorine and chloramines.

I have the same situation where I live somtimes I get surface water 80 PPM and somtimes well water near 200 PPM. It fluctuates with the seasons. That is why I have the RO system because at 200 it just does not work for hydro.
I bought this one for my first harvest that dropped my ppms down to ~180ppm, I had no problems like these. Hoping it will help me get to the finish line. I'll do some research to see if my water source changes through the year.
Amazon product

Quick update: i bought my initial hose filter I used it it didn’t affect my ppm levels, was in fact a little worse than my blue boogie. I found this other hose filter that eliminates 97% of metals including calcium. Just got it and tested it. my water now reads 49ppm! Adding my boogie blue hose filter to it also increased the ppm to 79ppm. @Mañ'O'Green would you mind running some numbers based on those new results for me? I’m guessing I will need to buy cal mag now, isn’t there one with no N?

Amazon product

The item just in case some one is interested in it.

Quick update: i bought my initial hose filter I used it it didn’t affect my ppm levels, was in fact a little worse than my blue boogie. I found this other hose filter that eliminates 97% of metals including calcium. Just got it and tested it. my water now reads 49ppm! Adding my boogie blue hose filter to it also increased the ppm to 79ppm. @Mañ'O'Green would you mind running some numbers based on those new results for me? I’m guessing I will need to buy cal mag now, isn’t there one with no N?
I will be getting one of those for washing the cars. This is a good find if it lasts long enough?

Keep a constant eye on the PPM coming out of the filter. It does not give an estimated Gallons life expectancy?

The formula will remain the same.
2021-07-29_12-22-09.png
2021-07-29_12-21-33.png

I will be getting one of those for washing the cars. This is a good find if it lasts long enough?

Keep a constant eye on the PPM coming out of the filter. It does not give an estimated Gallons life expectancy?

The formula will remain the same.
View attachment 1349374View attachment 1349375
You're the man! @Mañ'O'Green. I really appreciate you taking the time to do this. They don't last as long as other filters, they're good for about 4 months (8k gallons I believe). But you can get 2 for 32.99 on Amazon at the moment. returning the Boogie Blue that was 57.99 and getting two more filters for future uses.

You're the man! @Mañ'O'Green. I really appreciate you taking the time to do this. They don't last as long as other filters, they're good for about 4 months (8k gallons I believe). But you can get 2 for 32.99 on Amazon at the moment. returning the Boogie Blue that was 57.99 and getting two more filters for future uses.
Long term an RO system may still be a better buy?

Reactions: EP3
Long term an RO system may still be a better buy?
I think so, although this is a cost effective option that's hard to look past up front, over time RO will be cheaper. 3 filters should give me some time to save money for a decent RO system, maybe a year or so.

Reactions: EP3
Thanks for the rep @Mañ'O'Green ! I'm excited for the girl's feed tonight. Since I don't have calmag and epsom salt yet, I'm gonna take Grennleaf at their word that MC has enough Calmag in it. Will feed 13g of MC and 3g of BE. Excited to see some results! Thanks again, bro!

UPDATE

So the new hose filter stopped working after a week... PPM levels are now around 300. Using Spring water dilute my tap water at the moment. Waiting for the RO system you recommended to get it In. Should have been here today with the calmag and epsom salt, but looks like it won’t be delivered until tomorrow. @Mañ'O'Green

Back