Olderfart is in the infirmary again.

:pighug: OF my man, I see some fat and juicy nuggies all lined up nice! :d5: ... things weren't so bad after all (we see much worse!)...

I think it was Prescription Blend nutes which we tested last year and everybody was quite happy! It's a 6-part system that's very smartly broken up so that you can tinker with ratio's if needed, and use some of the parts as an excellent foliar feed... 1 or whined about the 6 parts but I told them my #1 complaint about simpler or 1-part stuff is the total lack of proper adjusting flexibility, that the shot-gun blast method to nutes is a real gamble for quality results... If a few minutes of one's time is so precious that it mandates such speedy feeding, you better be prepared to ride th learning curve hard on it's use, and the variable effects and results it has on different cultivars... I know some swear on GLN/MC, but I stopped using it for good reason and found Rx Blend superior across the board. MoG is dialing in the MC 2-part stuff, so he can advise better than I can about it's use details...
If you want simple, an option is a quality true soil and KIS Organics Nutrient pack. My last round of autos did great in it, even if a bit hot (my bad), nearly water only for reals! I still used recommended goodies like Si, humic-fulvic, kelp and/or a micronute supp' (always with me no matter what the line), and of course inoculant... A simple tea shot now and again as well to boost the soil herd which is KING in organics as you know,... Oh and i did tickle them with a little mild PK boost a couple times,just a butt covering reflex really- :rofl:
All you have to do is mix it in and let it cook a couple weeks... pH held just fine, zero defc. issues, good fade at the end but much less than usual vs. other nutes... It is cheating a bit compared to the real Organic Mechanics like Hecno and Eyes of Fire (he uses some KIS too, still custom blends though), but for those of us looking for KISS organic growing, KIS is the best I have tried to date... He is here occasionally (Tad the owner), and the Rx Blend guy is around too...
He might even be willing to sponsor a grow! In fact, staff should reach out to him to see if he's cleared by the company for another round of gratis grow&show... Stand by on that, meantime, you can of course reach out to him here anyway... read up in their section too!
RX blend nowhere to be seen at the moment... No mention of it on Amazon.ca, not available and no information on when it will be on Amazon.com. Interesting product nonetheless.

:doh: That bites about the restrictions on it up there! I'm told getting things like this CA-approved is major beating.... I thought you were in the States too :baked:

:doh: That bites about the restrictions on it up there! I'm told getting things like this CA-approved is major beating.... I thought you were in the States too :baked:
Nope, born and still living on this side of the border. Has its ups, and its downs - cannabis growing supplies being one of the latter. At this point, I can't even get the MC 2 part, unless I want to get it in 25 pound bags. Now that would be stupid even for a supply junkie like me. :biggrin: I am going to have to reorganize our storage room for the shit I have already accumulated doing this stuff. The third nute package would be just another step down the growery rabbit hole.

The good news is that at least some of the supplies will be useful regardless of the base nute choice.

There is something to be said for sticking with one package until a person learns how to make it work as well as it can. Given the success of some peeps on here, sticking with MCII would make sense. However, going for something new seems to be one of my personality flaws - the jury will be out for a while yet. :biggrin:

Reactions: EP3
@Mañ'O'Green @Waira, here is the root ball of the second plant with serious issues, plus today's photos of the two other plants still in the same SS#4 mix.

CDLCX3BOG root ball:
P2180002_01 (2).jpg

CBD Kush at DAy 80:
P2180002.JPG

Northern Lights at Day 95:
P2180003.JPG

And, lest you think all your help might have been in vain, the harvest from the two problem plants - first the initial chop from Miss Strawberry Cheesecake, and, second, the rest of Miss SC, plus all of Miss CDLCx3BOG:
P2180045.JPG
P2180001.JPG

It looks to me that Miss NL is doing fine-ish, but Miss CBD is heading down the same old road. I'm not sure whether I will bother chasing it by flushing yet again, she is heading for the finish line anyway. Her most recent symptoms started as apparent calcium lockout/starvation which I responded to with a very small dose of Cal Mag given the melted snow/led combo. No visible improvement since then, just slight further progress in mischief. Both plants are now on ~1000EC (500PPM), made of MC2, Bud Explosion, a tad of Raw phosphorus, plus fulvic and yucca.

If you think another flush would be a better idea than just letting her do her thing, I am, as always, listening...

Thanks for your help with this mess. :biggrin:

Back