Organic Forum Discussion

agriculture gyspum tends to be better sourced and cleaner most times. where as standard gyspum is half the time old tainted building materials thats arent clean sometimes. so the quality varies. but usually a solid source for Agro Gypsum will have better results.

https://www.usagypsum.com/gypsum-products/agricultural-gypsum

agriculture gyspum tends to be better sourced and cleaner most times. where as standard gyspum is half the time old tainted building materials thats arent clean sometimes. so the quality varies. but usually a solid source for Agro Gypsum will have better results.

https://www.usagypsum.com/gypsum-products/agricultural-gypsum
Yeah! That's the answer I was looking for, Thanks, EOF, Much Appreciated....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Is Gypsum Good for the Soil? Now that we have ascertained what gypsum is, it’s natural to question, “Is gypsum good for the soil?” Because it reduces salt levels in soil, it is effective in coastal and arid regions. However, it doesn’t work in sandy soils and it can deposit an excess of calcium in regions where the mineral is already abundant. Additionally, in areas with poor salinity, it pulls out too much sodium, leaving the location deficient in salt. Considering the cost of a few bags of the mineral, using gypsum for garden tilth is uneconomical. Garden Gypsum Information As a rule, using gypsum for garden tilth will probably not harm your plants, but it simply is not necessary. Using a little elbow grease and lovely organic goodies from fall clean up or compost worked into the soil to a depth of at least 8 inches will provide an excellent soil amendment. Studies have shown that soils with at least 10 percent organic matter don’t benefit from the addition of gypsum. It also has no effect on soil fertility, permanent structure or pH, while generous amounts of compost will do all that and more. In short, you can benefit new landscapes by application of gypsum on compacted soil if you have a need for calcium and have salt laden earth. But for the majority of gardeners, the mineral is not necessary and should be left for industrial agricultural use.

Read more at Gardening Know How: What Is Gypsum: Using Gypsum For Garden Tilth https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/soil-fertilizers/using-gypsum-in-garden.htm

my pleasure dude

Is Gypsum Good for the Soil? Now that we have ascertained what gypsum is, it’s natural to question, “Is gypsum good for the soil?” Because it reduces salt levels in soil, it is effective in coastal and arid regions. However, it doesn’t work in sandy soils and it can deposit an excess of calcium in regions where the mineral is already abundant. Additionally, in areas with poor salinity, it pulls out too much sodium, leaving the location deficient in salt. Considering the cost of a few bags of the mineral, using gypsum for garden tilth is uneconomical. Garden Gypsum Information As a rule, using gypsum for garden tilth will probably not harm your plants, but it simply is not necessary. Using a little elbow grease and lovely organic goodies from fall clean up or compost worked into the soil to a depth of at least 8 inches will provide an excellent soil amendment. Studies have shown that soils with at least 10 percent organic matter don’t benefit from the addition of gypsum. It also has no effect on soil fertility, permanent structure or pH, while generous amounts of compost will do all that and more. In short, you can benefit new landscapes by application of gypsum on compacted soil if you have a need for calcium and have salt laden earth. But for the majority of gardeners, the mineral is not necessary and should be left for industrial agricultural use.

Read more at Gardening Know How: What Is Gypsum: Using Gypsum For Garden Tilth https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/soil-fertilizers/using-gypsum-in-garden.htm

my pleasure dude
Nice read EOF! To be honest, I'm just chasing a rabbit, I'm having no smell with my grows, while growing, drying and curing my buds, some one told me to try Gypsum, so, my quest continues!
Thanks for the information, you always been a great help!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

gypsum isnt going to do that man. it all about the well balanced foods and life. blend a batch or buy a pre mix measured amount from KIS and/or tlosoils or whiomever or copy one elsewhere. lots of options and also look at genetics man. those are your two large areas to cover if you will. thats your answer my friend.

gypsum isnt going to do that man. it all about the well balanced foods and life. blend a batch or buy a pre mix measured amount from KIS and/or tlosoils or whiomever or copy one elsewhere. lots of options and also look at genetics man. those are your two large areas to cover if you will. thats your answer my friend.

Hey EOF, thanks to reading your threads, I have been building my soil for 1 year now, just trying to dial in on some things, but, thanks for the Advise!

Now! I have been doing some reading on organics soil, and have a question?
About:
The Macronutrients:
nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P), potassium (K), calcium (Ca), sulfur (S), magnesium (Mg), carbon (C), oxygen(O), hydrogen (H)

The Micronutrients(or trace minerals):
iron (Fe), boron (B), chlorine (Cl), manganese (Mn), zinc (Zn), copper (Cu), molybdenum (Mo)

I have Macronutrients fairly handled.
Will AZOMITE handle all my Micronutrients Needs? Since Micro means small
amounts.

Thanks, Guys!!

Back