pH balancing nutrient solution for organic soil?

Reaction score
Hey there everyone, I hope you are doing well. Quick question, I am using Roots Organic Original potting soil with Roots Organic Terp Tea Grow. I am applying as a liquid right now because I have a live cover crop on my soil (well, I planted the seeds, they haven't started growing yet). After mixing and letting the nutrients bubble for about 18 hours the pH is at 7.4.

Is this OK since I am trying to feed the soil and not the plant itself? Should I use a pH balancer? I need to use an organic pH balancer if I do balance the pH, correct?

The whole reason I bought this nutrient package was so I could just dry amend and not have to pH balance my water (it tests at 7 with my Hannah pen). But I don't want to dry amend on top of my cover crop for fear of burning it. So, one last question just for fun, can you add dry amendments on top of cover crops or will they get burnt?

Thanks everyone!

Hi There ^_^

Is this OK since I am trying to feed the soil and not the plant itself? Should I use a pH balancer? I need to use an organic pH balancer if I do balance the pH, correct?

Yes correct, ideally in soil you'd want to drop your PH a bit to about 6.2-6.5. You can do this with lemon juice as an organic PH down (or just buy organic PH down from the shop)

I'm not sure about the dry ammendments as i've never used them!
Hope this helps
Blue
:d5:

Right on, thank you Blue. I guess what surprised me most was that the solution was too basic. In the past I have always had a nutrient solution read acidic.

Back