Photone app numbers

Photone has a custom calibration setting. You use your lights par maps dead center reading at a given height and photone will adjust its readings to better fit the light, just make sure your space is the same space as whats depicted on the par map, unfortunately I cant do this, my light is rated for a 4x4 and I have it in a 3x3. Seems pretty accurate regardless.

Thank you for your thoughts. How does one calibrate the app for a specific light ? I don't have a clue.

I'm not adverse to buying a proper meter but don't want to spend a fortune on one because I've been growing enough weed for me and to give some away for five years or so without one.

Think I'll slide over to Amazon and price them, if anyone has a recommendation I'm all ears.
You either borrow a real par meter, or use the par map, or pay for the calibration info if Photone has done calibration for your specific light. If you have to use the par map in a smaller tent than the one used for the par map, you could adjust the par estimate up accordingly, but I am not sure by how much. Cocoforcannabis may have some information that would allow you to make an educated guess. Bottom line is that in a smaller tent, par will be higher, all else being equal. I noticed that in the review of this light, Cocoforcannabis also included par maps for a 4x4, so you could start from there.

The best plan though would be to borrow or rent a par meter to do your calibration. That would remove any mischief caused by tent size. You will still need to do your reading with your tent as closed as possible to simulate what your plants experience.

Good luck with it. :pighug:

I see there is some debate about the validity of the readings, these are the numbers I got -

44" above phone, Medic Smart Grow light, set to 40% ( 300 watts) DLI - 16.8 & PPFD - 195

Do these seem reasonable, as in ballpark ? I just want to use them as a guideline, I'm going to trust my eyes and what little common sense I've got left.

Just finished my first grow with this new light and I'm sure that I overdosed the plants with too much light. It was by far not my best effort .
Second grow with new light underway. Bought an eighty dollar meter off of Amazon, read a little, played around with the new meter, raised the light to 53" above the pots and here we are 17 days in . Four Marley's Grin & two Mango Smile x 4 Assed Monkeys - Light set at 40% 18/6 , on day 21 will turn on red bloom diodes. We'll see what happens.

Attachments

• IMG_20240221_184047.jpg
    IMG_20240221_184047.jpg
    398.1 KB · Views: 11
Second grow with new light underway. Bought an eighty dollar meter off of Amazon, read a little, played around with the new meter, raised the light to 53" above the pots and here we are 17 days in . Four Marley's Grin & two Mango Smile x 4 Assed Monkeys - Light set at 40% 18/6 , on day 21 will turn on red bloom diodes. We'll see what happens.
New light and I getting along fine now. Day 45

Attachments

• Mgrin3202024.jpg
    Mgrin3202024.jpg
    603.8 KB · Views: 5
Back