Popping Old Marijuana Seeds with GA3

I found this video from 2014. He is trying to geminate 15 year old marijuana seeds. It helps if the seeds are stored in a cool dry place. GA3 is Gibberellic acid.

"Gibberellins have a number of effects on plant development. They can stimulate rapid stem and root growth, induce mitotic division in the leaves of some plants, and increase seed germination rates.[4]

Gibberellic acid is sometimes used in laboratory and greenhouse settings to trigger germination in seeds that would otherwise remain dormant.[3] It is also widely used in the grape-growing industry as a hormone to induce the production of larger bunches and bigger grapes, especially Thompson seedless grapes. In the Okanagan and Creston valleys, it is also used as a growth regulator in the cherry industry. It is used on Clementine Mandarin oranges, which may otherwise cross-pollinate with other citrus and produce undesirable seeds. Applied directly on the blossoms as a spray, it allows for Clementines to produce a full crop of seedless fruit.

GA is widely used in the barley malting industry. A GA solution is sprayed on the barley after the steeping process is completed. This stimulates growth in otherwise partly dormant kernels and produces a uniform and rapid growth."

Interesting stuff.

Amazon link:

GA3

I found this video from 2014. He is trying to geminate 15 year old marijuana seeds. It helps if the seeds are stored in a cool dry place. GA3 is Gibberellic acid.

"Gibberellins have a number of effects on plant development. They can stimulate rapid stem and root growth, induce mitotic division in the leaves of some plants, and increase seed germination rates.[4]

Gibberellic acid is sometimes used in laboratory and greenhouse settings to trigger germination in seeds that would otherwise remain dormant.[3] It is also widely used in the grape-growing industry as a hormone to induce the production of larger bunches and bigger grapes, especially Thompson seedless grapes. In the Okanagan and Creston valleys, it is also used as a growth regulator in the cherry industry. It is used on Clementine Mandarin oranges, which may otherwise cross-pollinate with other citrus and produce undesirable seeds. Applied directly on the blossoms as a spray, it allows for Clementines to produce a full crop of seedless fruit.

GA is widely used in the barley malting industry. A GA solution is sprayed on the barley after the steeping process is completed. This stimulates growth in otherwise partly dormant kernels and produces a uniform and rapid growth."

Interesting stuff.

Amazon link:

GA3

Nice, I'll give that a watch later. I have a load of older seeds I'm having issues with germing.

Back