Grow Mediums Pro mix premium potting soil

_~JAB~_

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Reaction score
Have you used this for your autoflowers? Is it good and how long does it carry nutes for needing to be amended? Im getting ready to start a new grow and this medium is local and easy to get!
Screenshots_2022-06-07-13-46-09.png

I have used it in the past. Did two photos in 4gal buckets with that and Dr earth 4-4-4/3-9-4 and ph’d water. I preamended the promix ala Mr canucks style and topdressed 3rd week 6th, 8th was transition and 4th after that. Trying it with autos outdoors as soon as they’re big enough. I have used it with autos and Megacrop but I’ve had problems with that method.

I have used it in the past. Did two photos in 4gal buckets with that and Dr earth 4-4-4/3-9-4 and ph’d water. I preamended the promix ala Mr canucks style and topdressed 3rd week 6th, 8th was transition and 4th after that. Trying it with autos outdoors as soon as they’re big enough. I have used it with autos and Megacrop but I’ve had problems with that method.
So its worth giving a shot? I can order pro mix hp but its $50 for 2cuft where im located and it takes 2 weeks to ship. I was planning on the pro mix above, add perlite and im going to use up the rest of my fox farm trio liquid nutes. What do you think? Right now im using black gold full organic soil and it has burned my autos from day 1. Started with 4 seedlings, 1 died within first week and the other 3 burned bad and now im struggling with nitrogen toxicity and calcium def. Lol been a struggle trying to find a better way.

I use ProMix HP but this ProMix Moisture Potting Mix appears to be similar except for the addition of Coir.

It doesn't appear to have any nutrients either so I would use it as is and feed with your fox farm nutes.

INGREDIENTS
  • Sphagnum peat moss (80-90% by volume)
  • Coir
  • Perlite
  • Ground Limestone (for pH adjustment)
  • Wetting agent
  • Mycorrhizae

Cheers

I use ProMix HP but this ProMix Moisture Potting Mix appears to be similar except for the addition of Coir.

It doesn't appear to have any nutrients either so I would use it as is and feed with your fox farm nutes.

INGREDIENTS
  • Sphagnum peat moss (80-90% by volume)
  • Coir
  • Perlite
  • Ground Limestone (for pH adjustment)
  • Wetting agent
  • Mycorrhizae

Cheers
The only thing you might consider is adding a little more perlite for better drainage. I am using sunshine #4 advanced 3cf bale and it is a very similar mix of coir and peat they add silica to their mix as well. One less thing to add. i am lucky because I have plenty of grow shops around and the local guy is great. He carries tons of soils. He had 25 percent off on soils on 4/20 weekend so I loaded up. I used that black gold organic once a long time ago on an outdoor grow, totally f'd things up. I thought I was being a genius using it.

So its worth giving a shot? I can order pro mix hp but its $50 for 2cuft where im located and it takes 2 weeks to ship. I was planning on the pro mix above, add perlite and im going to use up the rest of my fox farm trio liquid nutes. What do you think? Right now im using black gold full organic soil and it has burned my autos from day 1. Started with 4 seedlings, 1 died within first week and the other 3 burned bad and now im struggling with nitrogen toxicity and calcium def. Lol been a struggle trying to find a better way.
I’ve used it with success, with salt nutes and dry amendments. Definitely more gentle on seedlings. Gotta treat almost like coco and feed light.

My first time using it (current grow, almost at harvest) and it’s not bad, but took an adjustment because it stays wet much longer than a coco based medium. I also cut it 50/50 with Fox Farm Happy Frog and added perlite as @olbobcat said (went simple/cheap with the perlite too and got the MiracleGro off the shelf). Not sure how the ProMix would perform stand alone since it’s mostly sphagnum moss as @chuckeye pointed out.

Again not bad, but I like the “control” I had with my coco mix…with it drying out daily I could plan my feeds better. But only on my third grow so I really don’t have any “control” over jack crap :haha: so yeah in a pinch it has done its job and I would use it again in scenarios where I don’t want to order all the supplies needed for my coco/Happy Frog blend :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I’ve been using this for the past few grows…..straight outta the bag and into the pot with no additions. Previous, I used promix hp for years but it’s a very long drive to get it since I moved. I see no real difference between this and HP in growth or plant performance. :pass: Hope it helps..

I’ve been using this for the past few grows…..straight outta the bag and into the pot with no additions. Previous, I used promix hp for years but it’s a very long drive to get it since I moved. I see no real difference between this and HP in growth or plant performance. :pass: Hope it helps..
Thanks for this info. I just had to make the switch to the red Promix moisture potting mix after using HP or the all purpose for years. I’m running autos in rain science bags and have had great success watering from the bottom. This mix has the coco in it, so I’m hoping I get the same good results with bottom feeding.

Back