Pruning vs no pruning experiment

Here are the results of an experiment from
https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/defoliation-side-by-side-bushy-plants.101534/page-11#post-2269250

Bottom Line: he got 10% more by not pruning, and the buds were bigger with greater bag appeal.
Maybe leaving those solar panels alone is the better strategy.
I didnt read, but I find if I dont take leaves I have to much underdeveloped. Not sure if I get more or less, but bud is more developed better quality and that is more important to me. I tuck the leaf if I can but once veg is over I start hacking lol. My last plant I chopped was over 7oz so it ain't hurting yield for me lol. I think like most it is strain dependent. If they're sensitive cutting leaves will hurt yield so obviously that agrees with no pruning. Some plants you can beat the hell out of them and they do better. I think you can find strains that prove both to be correct, just depends what your growing. I guess I gotta go read that post lol.

I stopped reading once I saw they weren't autos hahaha. Not real test for someone like me I grow autos only until my state goes legal. I grow different strains 1 of each and will have different veg times. That was photo which he/she can veg for as long or as little as they like. Already different conditions than I will face, so what work(s) in that garden may not work in mine. That's why these test are hard, unless you do multiple test with same strain in different conditions within the same garden by the same gardener do the same things... this is why we dont have 100% data, to many factors to say if you do x this will happen guaranteed. For that grow that was a fact but doesn't mean will ring true for all.

It will effect harvest guaranteed. If your lowers are under developed lst more or do a staggered harvest.

I am new to growing but the research I've done suggests to never remove leaves unless they are dying or dead. They are like little solar panels that each feed the entire plant no matter how little light they receive.

Not pruning would have me fighting mold half the year... ok...more than I already do, need that airflow, girls I don't have to trim up spring and summer, need it when the humidity hits in fall.
weight is irrelevant if it never gets to harvest.

Not pruning would have me fighting mold half the year... ok...more than I already do, need that airflow, girls I don't have to trim up spring and summer, need it when the humidity hits in fall.
weight is irrelevant if it never gets to harvest.
Is it an outdoor grow. Could you just add more fans?

Back