Q&A and Announcements

Les @HLG

Horticultural Lighting Group For Rep
Reaction score
Website
horticulturelightinggroup.com
Anyone with questions about our lights, please post here. If you have a light and are having an issue with support, let me know! We all know that stuff happens, systems get bogged down, etc. When I can, I'll cut through the support problems and get things moving. This is part of why I took this position, to help make HLG's service and support, even better than it is!

COMING SOON!

Blur - HLG DIABLO ADV insta intro.png

My understanding is that the reason that HLG stopped selling warrantied Diablo "kits" was that people were wiring the boards together backwards and blowing the red diodes. So why don't you offer a single 150w kit? Seems it would be difficult to wire a board to itself backwards. :crying: But seriously, not everyone needs a 300w plus light and the Diablo "kits" available from other vendors have no warranty.

Diablo Boards are actually built by Samsung and they decided HLG should not offer kits. The kits from HLG had no warranty either, per Samsung.

My understanding is that the reason that HLG stopped selling warrantied Diablo "kits" was that people were wiring the boards together backwards and blowing the red diodes. So why don't you offer a single 150w kit? Seems it would be difficult to wire a board to itself backwards. :crying: But seriously, not everyone needs a 300w plus light and the Diablo "kits" available from other vendors have no warranty.

Diablo Boards are actually built by Samsung and they decided HLG should not offer kits. The kits from HLG had no warranty either, per Samsung.
Interesting that a supplier dictates the sales policy of a customer. Never heard that before.

Happens all the time. Right up to dictating the retail price. It's illegal to do so, but they do it nonetheless. The fines are less than the profits if caught.
I’ve heard of many instances of manufacturers Setting retail prices or “minimum advertised prices” but I’ve never heard of a supplier of parts exercising that type of control over a manufacturer.

If and when I'm told different, I'll post about it, but this is all I know about it.

I’ve heard of many instances of manufacturers Setting retail prices or “minimum advertised prices” but I’ve never heard of a supplier of parts exercising that type of control over a manufacturer.

Back