Q: Can a cloned-photo go from dirt to harvest in the same time frame as an auto? (80-90 days)

I've been pondering this question. I have a bunch of auto seeds and I'm a noob-grower but I've seen several folks say that while noobs choose autos for their simplicity in lighting, they really aren't the best choice due to the fixed growing period and the likelyhood of messing things up and getting less yield than an experienced grower can.

So I thought: if I planted a photo and thereafter took clones from it, would it be close to the speed of a 80-90 day auto?

Novice myself only down autos my mate does photos from clone to bud quickest I've seen him do is 4 months with just 8 weeks flower time

Sent from my CUBOT MAX using Tapatalk

Regular photoperiod plants don't finish faster than autos. It doesn't really matter if its 12/12 from seed, or from clone. Most photo periods need 8 weeks or more of just flower. Most autos are ready to harvest in 8 weeks total.

Regular photoperiod plants don't finish faster than autos. It doesn't really matter if its 12/12 from seed, or from clone. Most photo periods need 8 weeks or more of just flower. Most autos are ready to harvest in 8 weeks total.
Hmmm....56 days?
So far it seems that it's more than 8 weeks for most autos. My NL Auto from CKS is advertised as 8 weeks in flower. Very few of the seeds that I've looked at do better than 7 weeks in flower. Add to that 3 or 4 weeks of veg and you get your 10-12 weeks. (and people say that the Seed supplier's estimates are all "best case" so add a week to that.)

That's why I asked. Other than the "express" seeds, they seem close to the same times. In any case, it's been answered already...the answer is no...a clone won't beat an Auto seed or even compare to it.

Hmmm....56 days?
So far it seems that it's more than 8 weeks for most autos. My NL Auto from CKS is advertised as 8 weeks in flower. Very few of the seeds that I've looked at do better than 7 weeks in flower. Add to that 3 or 4 weeks of veg and you get your 10-12 weeks. (and people say that the Seed supplier's estimates are all "best case" so add a week to that.)

That's why I asked. Other than the "express" seeds, they seem close to the same times. In any case, it's been answered already...the answer is no...a clone won't beat an Auto seed or even compare to it.

I have to disagree... its about genetics and your system / growing skills

I grow both and both can be on par with each other when it come to time but if done right clone to harvest can be faster by a few days to a week which when spread out over a year can add up to an extra harvest or 2 (big shout out to the strain dependent side note)... it all depend on your system and genetics at the end of the day... For an average sized photo from seed to chop your looking at 12-14wk depending on your growing medium, if your in DWC you can cut that time down but in soil you may need to extend it... For the average auto from seed to chop your looking at 8-12wks (for me I found the average to be around 9-11wks with the odd plant finishing at 8 weeks)... So if we are going by seed to bowl Auto's can and will beat photo's hands down... again strain dependent, don't forget those auto sativa's that go 14 weeks

BUT... Photo's can and will be quicker once your veg space / flower space are on a roll with clones, I have 3 cuts of Alien Rift I can turn around every 55 to 58 days (one of them is more like 53 days).... BUT you need to implement that system over a period of time before your are on track and that's hopping you got a 7 to 8 week finisher. And if you don't have access to tried and tested clones you got to spend the time pheno hunting for that plant that ticks the right boxes... Photo clone to bowl can be quicker than auto's once the system is built and you have your all your timings right...

In the mean time grow some auto's to fill the gap wile you build your clone system... there's always room for both in the g'room

I have to disagree... its about genetics and your system / growing skills

I grow both and both can be on par with each other when it come to time but if done right clone to harvest can be faster by a few days to a week which when spread out over a year can add up to an extra harvest or 2 (big shout out to the strain dependent side note)... it all depend on your system and genetics at the end of the day... For an average sized photo from seed to chop your looking at 12-14wk depending on your growing medium, if your in DWC you can cut that time down but in soil you may need to extend it... For the average auto from seed to chop your looking at 8-12wks (for me I found the average to be around 9-11wks with the odd plant finishing at 8 weeks)... So if we are going by seed to bowl Auto's can and will beat photo's hands down... again strain dependent, don't forget those auto sativa's that go 14 weeks

BUT... Photo's can and will be quicker once your veg space / flower space are on a roll with clones, I have 3 cuts of Alien Rift I can turn around every 55 to 58 days (one of them is more like 53 days).... BUT you need to implement that system over a period of time before your are on track and that's hopping you got a 7 to 8 week finisher. And if you don't have access to tried and tested clones you got to spend the time pheno hunting for that plant that ticks the right boxes... Photo clone to bowl can be quicker than auto's once the system is built and you have your all your timings right...

In the mean time grow some auto's to fill the gap wile you build your clone system... there's always room for both in the g'room
Good to know, In the future I might give that a try (when my stash is sufficiently built up) thanks.

Back