Lighting Quantum Board Spectrum Diode Mix?

Neo Thunderfunk

New User
Reaction score
I'm starting to see many quantum board style grow lights, such as the Spider Farmer SF-2000, that are a mix 3000K and 5000K diodes). How does this spectrum mix compare to similar boards where the base diodes are only, for example, 3500K. My understanding is that the light spectrum curves are ultimately quite similar. Are there advantages to either design?

Attachments

• spectrums.jpg
    spectrums.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 65
  • 3500K only.jpg
    3500K only.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 68
The difference is how the plants interpretation of the wavelengths at differing phases of its life.
3.5k geared red for flower
5k geared blue for vegetative growth
Mixed at an approximate 80/20 (r/b) to be used throughout grow - start to finish. (Typed before I read the image, gotta layoff the smoke when I'm on here... )Can get them with added 660 (far red) or UV/IR too now.

Fuuuuuuu

With my five years of growing with every spectrum I could get my hands on, I found the higher Kelvin grows better. Lower Kelvin tends to stretch and also buds are airy. I get better terps and I believe stronger buds with a mix of both. Pretty sure I was the first and only documented grow with truck light led bars that were 10k. Best I ever grown, kinda miss my old setup.

Back