Help with deciding on a new LED grow light!

Reaction score
Hello AFN,

I've finally decided to grow my own stuff and bought some really good genetics on the last 420 day sale. I've picked up my grow bags, nutes, fans and the last thing left on my to do is a grow light.

In the country I'm from, grow lights are expensive as they have to be imported. 48% customs is something I'm not ready for. The only other decent option which I can find with warranty in my country is this grow light.

Product Name: Fluortronix XE Series 150W Full Spectrum Quantum Board LED Grow Light with with 3500K White + 660NM RED + 450NM BLUE + 395NM Dimmer UV & IR for Hydroponics Greenhouse Farming.

I've attached the specifications here:

IMG_20220422_153403.jpg

IMG_20220422_153430.jpg

Since this is my first grow I only plan on growing a single auto in a 4 gallon coco setup. My grow space is quite spacious - big room with plenty of free air and no grow tent.

Will this light be sufficient to grow a single auto?? I've tried to get my head around ppfd and the efficiency calculations but I can't seem to keep up !

Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you! and regards,
DrDream

Seems decent enough. No idea what diodes they use. It'll definitely grow you a single plant with decent results.

Look in to topping and/or LST to get the best result as I'm not sure how good the penetration is on the LED.

For £70 it seems OK, build quality is likely to be poor and doubt it'll last for more than a couple of grows before diodes stop working.

Can I ask what your budget is and if you'd be able to DIY? Do you think you'd be able to wire up a board yourself? I'd suggest having a look at kits or individual components on alibaba using samsung LM301 diodes. Look at suppliers like Kingbrite.

Qb

Seems decent enough. No idea what diodes they use. It'll definitely grow you a single plant with decent results.

Look in to topping and/or LST to get the best result as I'm not sure how good the penetration is on the LED.

For £70 it seems OK, build quality is likely to be poor and doubt it'll last for more than a couple of grows before diodes stop working.

Can I ask what your budget is and if you'd be able to DIY? Do you think you'd be able to wire up a board yourself? I'd suggest having a look at kits or individual components on alibaba using samsung LM301 diodes. Look at suppliers like Kingbrite.

Qb

They are offering a 2 year warranty (can be extended too) and replacement.. So I'm considering it. As for kingbrite and alibaba, all imports from China have been blocked in my country.

As for the diodes, I'm trying to reach the manufacturer to find out the specifications. So far, the amazon reviews have been good.

I'm definitely gonna fim/top with LST for sure. I've been prepping for a grow since 2 months. Got everything written down and ready. Just gotta pick up a grow light!

Yeah, that's enough to grow 1 or maybe 2 autos at a push. One thing that stood out is they're are measuring from 12".

That's something I'd research more. Ask for a chart from multiple heights.

I run a Marshydro TS 1000 at 75% from 24" with great results. That light will have similar output.

However, the single height measurement is ringing alarm bells for me, at that price point.

Exactly! I've been looking at multiple grow lights and they always had ppf values all the way from 12 to 24 inches, and these guys were only giving 12 inches. Anyhow, I've reached out to the manufacturer.. They apparently even accept custom orders. I'll have to find out if they can set me up with a 300W LED grow light.

I run several 100-150w lights at different heights for different plants but usually 8-12" for those in full final flower. I actually run a migro aray at 6"....

Qb

The manufacturer reached out and the diodes are from Bridgelux, a company based out of the usa.

Did they tell you anything else about the bridgelux diodes? Are they top bin, highest flux? It's easy to fire out a name but it's the details that tell you if it's quality components.

Did they get back to you about a custom 300w led?

Qb

Did they tell you anything else about the bridgelux diodes? Are they top bin, highest flux? It's easy to fire out a name but it's the details that tell you if it's quality components.

Did they get back to you about a custom 300w led?

Qb

A third party actually tested out these lights and PPFD was well over 1000 in one of the tests at 12 inches iirc.

Sadly they stopped custom orders for now. I went ahead and picked up one unit for now as it's only gonna be small grow for personal use. If I ever get a chance to pickup a decent 250W with Samsung diodes, I'll jump on it the first chance I get!

Can't wait for the lights to get here. I'm starting my first grow with fastbuds Fastberry as I heard it's an easy grow.

A third party actually tested out these lights and PPFD was well over 1000 in one of the tests at 12 inches iirc.

Sadly they stopped custom orders for now. I went ahead and picked up one unit for now as it's only gonna be small grow for personal use. If I ever get a chance to pickup a decent 250W with Samsung diodes, I'll jump on it the first chance I get!

Can't wait for the lights to get here. I'm starting my first grow with fastbuds Fastberry as I heard it's an easy grow.

Good luck with your grow. When you buy a 250w with samsung diodes just remember that there are many different versions of these diodes. Best bet would be to come back on here when you're buying and ask again.

Are you going to do a diary here? If you do tag me and I'll try to help you out as much as I can. I'm far from a master grower but I've grown a decent amount and improving all the time.

Qb

Last edited:
Good luck with your grow. When you buy a 250w with samsung diodes just remember that there are many different versions of these diodes. Best bet would be to come back on here when you're buying and ask again.

Are you going to do a diary here? If you do tag me and I'll try to help you out as much as I can. I'm far from a master grower but I've grown a decent amount and improving all the time.

Qb

definitely will do mate, thank you:headbang:

Back