Raisins and Gin: Do They Help Arthritis?

Hey Eek, just started another batch (larger this time) I do think it helps with the general aches and pains.

Just started my batch to soak we'll see how they do.

We have also used alchohol with magnesium, and it cleared up large blemishes on the skin.

Got to get me some gin

:Cheers:

Eek

I just read this thread. How has this worked out for you folks, long term?

Don't know if you've encountered Kneipp bath oil, I think it is a German brand. One of them, advertised for sore muscles, contains Juniper. I used it until they made an Arnica version. Expensive, but wonderful.

Looks like a great product!
A less expensive bath would be using Magnesium Chloride.
But the Juniper and Arnica, I imagine would be luxurious!
:soak:

...A less expensive bath would be using Magnesium Chloride.

I am wondering why you like Chloride rather than Sulfate? There's sulfur in hot-springs, MSM, DMSO, so I assumed that it is one of the healing factors.

I use Mag Sulfate in the bath almost daily. (it's good to have plain water every few tubs) I really should look around and see if I can get a 25k pail of it, at the 4kilo jugs still work out to about a buck per use.

:coffee:Can raisins be substituted by olives?

Magnesium sulfate (Epsom Salts) takes twice as much with 1/2 the effect of magnesium chloride.
Other than in bath salts we use it in a concentrated form as Magnesium Oil and it mixes well into rubs.

Good idea to have plain water baths in between.You should take vitamin B-12 when using a lot of magnesium, to keep your calcium, potassium and magnesium balanced.

:coffee:Can raisins be substituted by olives?

I don't see why not!
images

a little vermouth, and cheers!

Thanks, I didn't know about B12 and Mag! Good thing I take methylcobolamin at least 3x per week. That form is best for the nervous system.

I looked up the magnesium weights per volume, and its is almost the same as epsom salt. 1cup is around 500gm.

I called a local bulk health food vendor to see if I could get a kilo to try. Their price works out to 16$, which is better than amazon prices. It's worth a try to see if it works better for me. I will go pick it up this weekend. I can use some of it to make the "oil" to try as well.

To compare cost (not effectiveness) sulfate is about $8 for 4 kilos or about $1 per tub, where the chloride will be about $4 per tub.

Another perspective is $40-$50 for 90 minutes floating in an isolation tank supersaturated with several tonnes of magnesium. Oh, so worth it!

Magnesium

I know you prefer Magnesium Chloride, and I agree its good stuff, but it is really expensive here so I still use Mag Sulfate.

If anyone's interested, I recently found how to dramatically cut the cost of Epsom Salt:

If I go to the supermarket or drugstore a 4 kilo jug of Epsom Salt is about $9CDN, so almost 2.50 per kilo with tax.
I found it in an agricultural supply store in 25 kilo bags for $35CDN *no tax, so $1.40 per kilo.
....I have seen 2 off-colored crystals but I am not worried about it, 'cause this is all for external use.

I packaged 4 Kilo bags with my heat sealer, sold 1 at cost to a friend, and put the rest away.

Back