Mephisto Genetics Reddit post from mephisto: “ Recent Shipment/Tracking issues”

LearningMore

Welcome to the CannaZone
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Dear customers and MephHeads alike,
shortly after this Monday opening (20th September) we received a contact message through our site from the Postal Inspection Service.
We can now confirm after speaking to them on Monday evening that roughly (still waiting for proper numbers, but between the non-scanning fiascos and the hold-up, we don't know exactly yet) around 100 orders are being held by USPS. These are not 'seized' per se, let's call them in a state of limbo for now. We can assure you all orders from the last few openings went out no later than 5 days after being placed. So if you haven't received your order yet it is still with USPS!
We have to provide analysis for the seeds, which is currently being undertaken and should have in place within 7 days. It's understood that once they receive this clarification that the packages will be released and can go on their merry way to the final destination.
After shipping seeds in quantity as a company for +7 years and some thousands of orders, this is the first time this has happened in mass.
Let us assure you that we are doing all in our power to resolve the situation as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, there are some grey area hurdles to overcome but we are confident we will get there. After all, if we'd been dismayed and given up through the first trying time we encountered, we'd be nothing more than a pipe dream or a twinkle in a stoner's eye.
We have been told that the relevant tracking numbers will update to reflect this new status within the next 48 hours. We know people have been hanging tight already, but we would love it if you could extend a little extra patience now we have some clarity about the matter at hand.
The above applies to certain orders from the first few openings.
For people who ordered just a couple of days back during the Monday 20th opening, we are planning to use alternative shipping services to get your orders to you as soon as possible.
This will involve smaller batches sent over an extended period of time, but hopefully, within two weeks everyone should be sorted.
The shop was already planned to have a two-week closure so we could prepare the new limited release for the first week of October. But now we will just focus 1001% on getting everyone their orders as a first priority and reassess the wider picture as we go.
If anyone from this opening can't wait for their order and would like a refund, we will happily oblige and get you sorted. Just contact us via the contact form.
Just to emphasize we are not at all happy with the situation, all we ever strive to do is get decent beans in your hands for a fair price with a minimal amount of stress.
However, it often seems we are in one step forward, two steps back situation.
#mephistohairlossprograminfulleffect
Any updates, we will give you as they come.
Cheers,
The MG Team. X

“Seized by law enforcement” update from Meph on Reddit
LATEST MEPH REDDIT POST FROM REDDIT, FOR EVERYONE WHO DOESNT FOLLOW:

Hello guys,
we realize the 'Seized by law enforcement' status in red is potentially alarming.
When we made the last big update, we had no idea what the tracking would reflect, we just spoke to the US PIS and ask that they finally scan in/update them so we could tell how many people were affected.
We can only assume they don't have a custom status on their system to say 'held whilst waiting for certificates of analysis', and what they updated with was the closet thing.
How talking towe kind of got the impression they were hoping to snap something else, and now their lumberedthey're boxes of our packages in the office.
Our beans are being tested as we write this, so the wheel is in motion to the outcome everyone wants.
Hopefully, that clarifies a little further and puts some people's minds at rest.
As soon as we have any further information we will pass it on.
Cheers, and we really appreciate the kind words from many of you.
The MG team. X

Last edited:
Yeah I just looked and got the dreaded red letters of death lol

Yeah I just looked and got the dreaded red letters of death lol
Was this from 9/20 or 9/13? I just got the “label created” for 9/20. I did receive my 9/13 (single pack; not sure if that makes a difference in this sh*tshow).

I received mine from 9/13. Guess I need to hoard the batch I got.

My pack detained and marked Seized by Law Enforcement was from the 13th open. My order from 20th hasn't gotten to label phase yet.
Screenshot_20210923-191909_Chrome.jpg

I got a letter from the post office today about the confiscated items and it says that our attempts to contact the sender to obtain additional information have been unsuccessful. This was dated on the 23rd so hopefully that's no longer accurate.

Was this from 9/20 or 9/13? I just got the “label created” for 9/20. I did receive my 9/13 (single pack; not sure if that makes a difference in this sh*tshow).
I just had my label created today for my 9/20 order. I know in their letter they said they were planning to use alternative shipping services but mine is still USPS. I did notice it's from a different town/zip code about 10 miles away from my previous order so hopefully everything goes smoothly.

is this kinda situation, do buyers get refund or nah??

Back