Root Zone Help

Newbee question: if the root structure roughly corresponds to the leaf development, looking at your plants I’d think the roots are expanding nicely throughout your pots. Do you really need a root development additive?
I hope so :)

Ok if you had a chance to read through my Nutrient primer. The principal supplement for root growth is Humic Acid/Kelp in a 5/2 ratio. I believe this is what is in the AN products along with other proprietary ingredients?

Newbee question: if the root structure roughly corresponds to the leaf development, looking at your plants I’d think the roots are expanding nicely throughout your pots. Do you really need a root development additive?
That is not indicative of the cannabis I have grown. I have had a tap root grow 9" in three days. This was in a 12" tall pot with rock wool. The tap root was extending out of the hole in the pot 70 hours after the transplant. With Autos the root mass is formed mostly in the first 4 weeks and can be ahead of the top of the plant. As the plant begins to flower the root growth may slow down. This is a good time to give a shot of root stimulant to see if you can get a little more growth.

Ok if you had a chance to read through my Nutrient primer. The principal supplement for root growth is Humic Acid/Kelp in a 5/2 ratio. I believe this is what is in the AN products along with other proprietary ingredients?

That is not indicative of the cannabis I have grown. I have had a tap root grow 9" in three days. This was in a 12" tall pot with rock wool. The tap root was extending out of the hole in the pot 70 hours after the transplant. With Autos the root mass is formed mostly in the first 4 weeks and can be ahead of the top of the plant. As the plant begins to flower the root growth may slow down. This is a good time to give a shot of root stimulant to see if you can get a little more growth.

I did, & it was really informative. Especially about when you say " PH for the nutrient mix for soil is 6.4 - 6.7 ".
I only use a liquid PH kit, but it comes out at 7 after mixing all my AN nutes. Which are Micro, Grow Bloom. Then I add Voodoo & B-52. For flowering I have Carboload, Big Bud & Nirvana & I got a free sample bottle of Atami Blossom Builder. I think it's pk 14:22 or something. I'm on a budget, so it's what I could afford this time around.
I read the pH of BioBizz light mix is 6.2-6.3 & will buffer your feed if you use organics.
I spoke to an AN rep. He was cool & didn't try to sell me more products, but told me how to use just what I had.
Soooo, my long winded question is: If my Light Mix soil is 6.2-6.3, my mix is 7 (& not organic) & the ideal ph for my feed should be 6.4-6.7 for soil, could I see some of the lockout like it mentioned in your piece or salt build up? Also, I live in a hard to very hard water area with a ph of 8.5 that drops to 7 after I mix my nutes.
I feed them 2ml of Micro, Grow & Bloom & 2ml of Voodoo & B-52 in that order, in 2 liters of water every 2 days. I upped their feed today to 3ml of Micro, Grow & Bloom. I had planned to reduce the Grow part to 2ml when they start to flower & bring the Micro & Bloom up to 4ml a liter of water.
As I said, I'm on a budget, but even if I could afford a digital meter, I have Dyscalculia aka “math dyslexia". Me comparing numbers, charts, levels etc, are like me trying to decifer the trails spiders dipped in black ink make while running across a blank page!! :)

Not sure if I've even asked you a question in all of this, but since I started using Voodoo Juice on the 7th of August & it's now 2 weeks, should I stop until the flowering period per AN schedule & buy Tarantula ("a shot of root stimulant to see if you can get a little more growth"). Or keep using it for another 2 weeks & forget the Tarantula?

Thanks already for your help!

Day 22 from breaking the soil. I'm going with tucking leaves instead of LST, topping, defoliating etc...
IMG_20220822_011113006_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220822_011301693_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220822_011315823_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
You should not need to worry about PH with AN. It can be helpful to condition your water prior to using the nutrients. They used to insist on RO water but I think they stopped that? anyhow what is the PPM of your starting water? Do you have access to RO water?

You should not need to worry about PH with AN. It can be helpful to condition your water prior to using the nutrients. They used to insist on RO water but I think they stopped that? anyhow what is the PPM of your starting water? Do you have access to RO water?
I dont know the ppm as I don't have digital meters & no RO water

Back