Extraction Rosin Pressing

Awesome work JP1, this will help smashers of all skill levels. Looking forward to following your thread, congratulations on a good job.
Thought I would add a little tip here if you don't mind. These little silicone pads are very helpful in controlling sticky unpredictable rosin. When I am ready to store Rosin after pressing I remove from the silicone pad and place into parchement paper and place into a silicone jar, store in freezer. Heard that Rosin after time will eat into the silicone container, do not know if it is true or sum kinda bro science. I feel better safe than sorry and will place in parchment. Happy smashing :pop:

IMG_0272.JPGIMG_0263.JPGIMG_0260.JPG

Awesome work JP1, this will help smashers of all skill levels. Looking forward to following your thread, congratulations on a good job.
Thought I would add a little tip here if you don't mind. These little silicone pads are very helpful in controlling sticky unpredictable rosin. When I am ready to store Rosin after pressing I remove from the silicone pad and place into parchement paper and place into a silicone jar, store in freezer. Heard that Rosin after time will eat into the silicone container, do not know if it is true or sum kinda bro science. I feel better safe than sorry and will place in parchment. Happy smashing :pop:

View attachment 1520757View attachment 1520756View attachment 1520755
Thanks bud :d5: Happy to have you along for the ride. I know a lot of people use the silicone tubs, but, in my experience they get sort of a greasy thing going on and it seems kinda funny to me. I go with glass tubs and just reuse them

What press are you using?

Is there a gauge that shows how much pressure you're at? I see presses for sale from 2 to 12 tons. How much press is enough for this size bag?

I'm very interested in getting a press, but I only want to buy it once.
I use a DIY 12 ton, and it works a treat with two pre-pressed pucks at a go. If I were in the market, I would not go for less than ten-twelve tons. Even if you never use the entire capacity, having the stronger jack means that you don't have to work it or your arms as hard. I would also not go smaller than ~3x5 plates. That size works nicely with two pucks, but smaller plates would not work as well if you want to do a couple pucks at a time. I use the Dabpress puck press to pre-compress my pucks, and really like it. I use the cylindrical one that makes round pucks, and cut my 120 bags in half to contain each puck. One bag, two pre-compressed pucks, and away I go. I am new at this mischief, so ignore at will. :biggrin: :pighug:

Thanks bud :d5: Happy to have you along for the ride. I know a lot of people use the silicone tubs, but, in my experience they get sort of a greasy thing going on and it seems kinda funny to me. I go with glass tubs and just reuse them
I do not really store rosin in silicone either, in there till I infuse with oil then store in ball glass jars.

I don't think silicone is particularly good at keeping extracts fresh like a tightly sealed glass concentrate jar..

Green House Seed Co, Green-O-Matic rosin in glass that I pressed the other day at 195°F, for 4.5 or so minutes, in a 100 Micron.
_20220930_202942.JPG

:d5:

Interesting stuff
Always wondered how it was done. Thank you.

How much Rosin would be pressed out of say an ounce of cured bud.

And is this the same as that shatter stuff? Or is that different?

Thanks everyone for letting us know that silicone isn’t good for storage….I ordered a bunch for that purpose. I dug around and found some small mason jars I’ll use instead! :smokeout:

Interesting stuff
Always wondered how it was done. Thank you.

How much Rosin would be pressed out of say an ounce of cured bud.

And is this the same as that shatter stuff? Or is that different?

Alot of variable their depends on strain and moisture content of bud...I normally get anywhere from 1-2g from 7-8g of bud

I believe shatter is made with BHO which i don't do I make solventless only

I guess i need to get some glass jars the ones i have i was not a fan of they have rim that catches rosin..I use silicone jars but my rosin is not stored for more the 2 wks I press as needed

Back