Outdoor Round 2: Waira's Mixed Bag of Tricks Combo Grow '19

Nice uniform buds.Those should be kickass..peace please
:smoking: Thanks Robbio! ....... I bet your grow-thumb is itching by now.... :eyebrows:- scratching starts soon!

Looking great Skunk Special colas nice there Waira:d5: I dont want any semi breaks then with the LST. Auto Gorilla is doing the best, her trunk is thick, followed by Big Bud, Super Spunk and Purple Punch. I attempted to grow mushrooms once but i grow some slim mould instead :rofl:, maybe it was too wet, and the prep video for the agargar to jar of subtrate had the mycro thread users warning me of fire danger as i used a plastic drop sheet and flamed it a bit:fire::dizzy:
Part of the trick is to get them in there early when the stem is still pliable, and then make adjustments daily,... the branch will reorient really fast to straight up, so this method has limitations to it's effectiveness.....
:crying: Super Spunk, some kinda Freudian slip there Smokey? :hump: .... and no caps on the barbie please! :haha:

>>> I think I'll hold off on the next update until after the software upgrade,... Lilly comes down in a few days, OJ soon after that,... I'd take her now, but we have a heat wave hitting so it'll have to wait.... that girl is a hard read! Buds are practically billet, pistils few, calyxes compacted together - :shrug:but swell seems to have stalled, some amber showing, so down she comes!
... OJ is getting drilled by 'pillars :cuss:, and is also showing little change...

Tent auto's are cranking! True to form, Witch Doctor is throwing elbows, taking over space... good thing it's only 2 plus the Solo cup in there! Strawberry Nugg's is building lovely stuff, ditto for the Cookies.... might as well toss the pics out anyway- :smoking:

>>> WD
wd1.jpg
wd2.jpg

>>>> SN
sn2.jpg
sn3.jpg
sn4.jpg
sn5.jpg

:smoking: Thanks Robbio! ....... I bet your grow-thumb is itching by now.... :eyebrows:- scratching starts soon!

Part of the trick is to get them in there early when the stem is still pliable, and then make adjustments daily,... the branch will reorient really fast to straight up, so this method has limitations to it's effectiveness.....
:crying: Super Spunk, some kinda Freudian slip there Smokey? :hump: .... and no caps on the barbie please! :haha:

>>> I think I'll hold off on the next update until after the software upgrade,... Lilly comes down in a few days, OJ soon after that,... I'd take her now, but we have a heat wave hitting so it'll have to wait.... that girl is a hard read! Buds are practically billet, pistils few, calyxes compacted together - :shrug:but swell seems to have stalled, some amber showing, so down she comes!
... OJ is getting drilled by 'pillars :cuss:, and is also showing little change...

Tent auto's are cranking! True to form, Witch Doctor is throwing elbows, taking over space... good thing it's only 2 plus the Solo cup in there! Strawberry Nugg's is building lovely stuff, ditto for the Cookies.... might as well toss the pics out anyway- :smoking:

>>> WD
View attachment 1107327 View attachment 1107328

>>>> SN
View attachment 1107329 View attachment 1107330 View attachment 1107331 View attachment 1107332
Wow @Waira , That SN is coated! Really nice structure on her too, as well as the more prominent strawberry smelling pheno :drool:. WD is going to bulk up without too much stretchy business. Some very heavy Indica coming your way:dizzy:. I would need to keep the snack cabinet under lock and key. :pop:

:help: :haha: I sail the same sea brother! I have tried to keep the seed hoarding at a minimum, freshness counts and my turn-over is sadly slow,...and yet still more come-- a contest won, vendor offers made, some share-sies :eyebrows: - and to refuse would be rude- :rofl: Especially if it's something juicy! I'm going to mooch a couple-few Lava Freeze (SSSC first and only fem to date) beans from a good mate, and with Friesland as one parent, she should be a stellar choice for my climes. And Stick still has a lil' sumn for me on top of all this,... haven't begun to sniff out stuff at GMC, but Baldy is holding some epic goods! That LT, it's used so much in other crosses, I'd love to learn more about her history, sourcing, etc.,... she make beautiful gooey children that's for sure! The main thing helping me not go nuts is lack of fem's, which for me is an issue giver my constraints.... Damn, I want to sow another round already, and I'm not even done this year yet- :coffee:....plus, I have to say, this season was something of a sideways gig,...a lot of snafu's, and I feel a "redo" kinda urge in me... Thank gawds the weather was decent, or Gorilla Breath would have never made it despite her crazy speed, due to weak mold resistance,... something I asked about beforehand but IMO bad info was passed down (no fault to the messenger)... That said, shit-howdy is this stuff potent!:dizzy: I'm no heavyweight, but I know what 3 modest hits does to me vs. other strains of note, and this is easily one of the top 3 most potent strains I have grown and that's with no cure, early saver cut bud only! With some cure of prime bud = :poof: I know I'll have to restrict who smokes this, lightweight will white-the-fuck-out on this, it's that kinda high...
I'm overdue to update, so I'll ramble more then.... :rofl:.... plenty to say yet!

:headbang: :pighug: excellent!........ *(snicker)*

:cheers: me too mate,... I want a pet slime mold! :rofl:.
.... mind the junction at the main stem base when you use the wedgies Smokey, too much stress there can cause it to semi-break and leave an opening for mold to get in later,.. I'll take pics of the stress response the plants hows when it's forced a bit to much. It's wads/knuckles up like supercropping does to the stem....

<<< Skunk Special harvest pics >>>

Took her down today ahead of a heat spell,... she was nicely ripe! :drool: No last photo's live, but no real changes to be seen anyway,.... She was the star at this grow site this year, best performing strain hands down! Next to no mold, just a couple shallow hits, leaf mainly actually... very fast at 5+ weeks I think...mid-Aug. bloom start,... bugs didn't seem to favor her; aside form my feed hiccup and P defc., she was trouble free - :thumbsup: And the aroma, holy crap, an olfactory overload!... chopping/pre-trimming her gave me a mild headache when done (in a garage marinating in the aroma)... She smells like heady complex floral, light citrus, PEZ candy and something sweet spicy that tingles the nose... fair yield for her size, pending weigh-in...(This rack is 2' diameter) ... there's 1 bud with fasciation, and one that almost did it, but ended up a Siamese twin... I'll get better pics of those later!
View attachment 1106587 View attachment 1106588 View attachment 1106589 top middle bud is the fused twin...
ooo!. looks like a good haul of very nice looking buds!:d5:

Wow @Waira , That SN is coated! Really nice structure on her too, as well as the more prominent strawberry smelling pheno :drool:. WD is going to bulk up without too much stretchy business. Some very heavy Indica coming your way:dizzy:. I would need to keep the snack cabinet under lock and key. :pop:
She's stopped mostly, but I think I'll still have to supercrop the top, it's actually the best solution,... She's very open structured, long node distances, and definitely needs so low-down stripping of what looks to be rather weak development.
SN is definitely a lighter purple/lavender color,... when did you find the strawberry aroma noticeable? I'll give a sugar leaf rub tomorrow!
ooo!. looks like a good haul of very nice looking buds!:d5:
She shrank like a mofo' Trial, I'm a bit surprised actually- :doh: She was anything but well watered at harvest- :shrug:... she darkened a fair bit too, not sure what's up with that,.... All my Green Poisons do this as well.

===[[[ Final Outdoor Update ]]]===

:headbang: :smokeout: :cooldance:..... Man, it good to be done! Site upgrade delayed things too,....The last couple weeks or so was a beating, a heat wave, then the fucking pestilence that followed! I had a bit of a boom in whitefly population, more nuisance than anything but still,... and this year the caterpillars were a real bitch! :shrug: ever shifting dynamic of their populations I guess...
Worse, the neighbor next door had an attempted burglary, and it appears the fuckstains saw the plants and jumped the fence to snatch a plant!
:finger::cuss: :finger: -- stupid f'ing idiots, to run such a risk by being shot dead on sight by the neighbor, but the burn is on them, they took the shitty Cherry Bomb loser plant! Fortunately this happened nearly at harvest time, so a few nights in the garage were secure enough... We called the cops actually-- how funny is that! :rofl: They didn't so much a blink about the weed, and it's though them that we found out about the neighbors,...

Everybody is in now though, Lilly, PAK and OJ drying.... CrackLOG and Skunk Special are jarred, Gorilla Breath curing away...
Skunk Special dried beautifully, even if she shrank a lot. Aroma held close to live, which is great! Maybe more of a dried fruit vs. fresh nuance as a notable change,.... Still rich, carries through strongly in flavor... No-cure smoke test is very very nice! Excellent potency, and the high is tops: balanced, smiley-happy, good psychoactivity but not too trippy.... As for the grow, this is another fine girl by Female, just like Outdoor Grapefruit was. Speedy, trouble free, very good mold resistance, high Q' all around for this one! Alas, no final/harvest pics of her due to the theft, all done in haste....
CLOG lost a lot of terps = :shrug: can't account for why, same good conditions as Skunk had,... maybe cure will liven it up some. Right now it's earthy-sweet, some of her live aroma still hiding in there,... Also potent! More body though than head....

Lilly early test nugg' is fabulous, similar Pina Colada aroma/flavor, and really potent, a surprise at how much so.. Sure is smothered in trichomes!... the high is strongly psychoactive trippy, floaty, a unique feel that I associate with African crosses I've tried in the past... We'll see what prime cut does, it's not ready yet, to say nothing of what cure will bring! She help up OK with mold, despite the very dense buds..... Yield will be kinda poor though, I can't figure why after the topping she did basically no lateral branching/bushing development,....

OJ and PAK are still too wet, though a bit of early saver cut OJ and PAK should be testable now... As for these strains in general, I'm pretty disappointed in how they turned out... PAK is one of their oldest, it would seem that it should be damn near locked in IMO, but of the half dozen grows I got feedback from, only a couple had pineapple aromatics, one of which was a leafy bud mutie pheno... the rest were more generic Kushy hashy aroma; so was mine though most were happy with the smoke... mine was kinda lacking on quality in general, not so impressive trich' production for a hashplant type. I get that each seed is a little gamble, but that's accounted for already in any assessments I make,... If the aroma pheno' is not very likely to show, they should bloody say so in their descriptions instead of touting it so boldly like it's a high % occurring pheno'... Shit, I didn't even get the color.....:doh:
Ditto for OJ, which is in fact Tangie by any other name,... also a well established strain. This pheno' is so far off the mark, I can't help but wonder if there was a seed mix-up? I dunno, I have no other grows to compare with, but there is zero orange aroma in this plant, more a general pine-citrus/spicy live,... dry is pending still but expect no magic to happen, aroma has always been mild in strength. Resin production is very good, but bud is too leafy IMO as well.... I know Tangie, had it several times so whatever this pheno' is, it's a real outlier.... The last couple seeds I'll probably just toss away, I'll not offer them to anybody given the results unless they want to gamble. Neither of these will be grown again by me. I appreciated the offer to run a grow-for-show on them, always do, but I feel a little burned right now.... But let's see how the smoke turns out, the last saving grace! :goodluck:
:jointman: Tent auto's, and C99a will be another update shortly, all are doing well, though this C99a is as odd a bloomer as I've seen! More on that later,....

>>> Lilly
lilly1.jpg
lilly2.jpg
lilly3.jpg
lilly4.jpg
lilly comp.jpg

>>> Orange Juice
oj1.jpg
oj2.jpg
oj3.jpg
oj5.jpg

>>> Purple Afghani Kush
pak1.jpg
pak2.jpg
pak3.jpg

Last edited:
:smoking: Tent crew update....

The C99 "auto" - :rofl: - is finally starting to ripen up! This is the oddest bloomer I've had to date with an establishes auto line. She sexed on cue, but then had an explosive stretch, and a seemingly 2-stage blooming... it's like she forgot she's an auto! And she did, at nearly 14weeks now- :doh: Upside is, she's making some bulk with lovely sativa-type buds! She's just stuffed into that 9L pot, but handling it well enough... I hope next week she'll be ready enough to take down, this is getting silly now :vibe:

Strawberry Nuggets is a resin bomb! :drool: ... very glassy looking trichomes, with mixed berry aroma, but strawberry-ish notes are in there.... She'll be done in a week or so, right on cue.... Witch Doctor is done blowing up and is now bud building nicely... And the auto Cookies Solo cup Comp' girl is faring well enough, looks to be a very nice strain worthy of a proper run in a larger pot!

>>> Strawberry Nuggets
sn1.jpg
sn2.jpg
sn3.jpg
sn8.jpg
sn4.jpg
sn7.jpg
sn5.jpg

>>> Witch Doctor
wd1.jpg
wd2.jpg
wd3.jpg

>>> C99a
c99a.jpg
c99b.jpg
c99c.jpg
c99d.jpg
c99e.jpg

The C99 "auto" - :rofl: - is finally starting to ripen up! This is the oddest bloomer I've had to date with an establishes auto line. She sexed on cue, but then had an explosive stretch, and a seemingly 2-stage blooming... it's like she forgot she's an auto! And she did, at nearly 14weeks now- :doh: Upside is, she's making some bulk with lovely sativa-type buds! She's just stuffed into that 9L pot, but handling it well enough... I hope next week she'll be ready enough to take down, this is getting silly now :vibe:

Strawberry Nuggets is a resin bomb! :drool: ... very glassy looking trichomes, with mixed berry aroma, but strawberry-ish notes are in there.... She'll be done in a week or so, right on cue.... Witch Doctor is done blowing up and is now bud building nicely... And the auto Cookies Solo cup Comp' girl is faring well enough, looks to be a very nice strain worthy of a proper run in a larger pot!

>>> Strawberry Nuggets
View attachment 1111325View attachment 1111326View attachment 1111327View attachment 1111328View attachment 1111329View attachment 1111330View attachment 1111331

>>> Witch Doctor
View attachment 1111332View attachment 1111333View attachment 1111334

>>> C99a
View attachment 1111335View attachment 1111336View attachment 1111337View attachment 1111338View attachment 1111339
Plants could not look better! Some strawberry notes is excellent. I must say that I’ve got a soft spot for your c99a. Tend to root for the odd birds. Will be good to break up the heavy stone of SN and WD.
So happy your thieves only got away with the problem girl! :cuss:

===[[[ Final Outdoor Update ]]]===

:headbang: :smokeout: :cooldance:..... Man, it good to be done! Site upgrade delayed things too,....The last couple weeks or so was a beating, a heat wave, then the fucking pestilence that followed! I had a bit of a boom in whitefly population, more nuisance than anything but still,... and this year the caterpillars were a real bitch! :shrug: ever shifting dynamic of their populations I guess...
Worse, the neighbor next door had an attempted burglary, and it appears the fuckstains saw the plants and jumped the fence to snatch a plant!
:finger::cuss: :finger: -- stupid f'ing idiots, to run such a risk by being shot dead on sight by the neighbor, but the burn is on them, they took the shitty Cherry Bomb loser plant! Fortunately this happened nearly at harvest time, so a few nights in the garage were secure enough... We called the cops actually-- how funny is that! :rofl: They didn't so much a blink about the weed, and it's though them that we found out about the neighbors,...

Everybody is in now though, Lilly, PAK and OJ drying.... CrackLOG and Skunk Special are jarred, Gorilla Breath curing away...
Skunk Special dried beautifully, even if she shrank a lot. Aroma held close to live, which is great! Maybe more of a dried fruit vs. fresh nuance as a notable change,.... Still rich, carries through strongly in flavor... No-cure smoke test is very very nice! Excellent potency, and the high is tops: balanced, smiley-happy, good psychoactivity but not too trippy.... As for the grow, this is another fine girl by Female, just like Outdoor Grapefruit was. Speedy, trouble free, very good mold resistance, high Q' all around for this one! Alas, no final/harvest pics of her due to the theft, all done in haste....
CLOG lost a lot of terps = :shrug: can't account for why, same good conditions as Skunk had,... maybe cure will liven it up some. Right now it's earthy-sweet, some of her live aroma still hiding in there,... Also potent! More body though than head....

Lilly early test nugg' is fabulous, similar Pina Colada aroma/flavor, and really potent, a surprise at how much so.. Sure is smothered in trichomes!... the high is strongly psychoactive trippy, floaty, a unique feel that I associate with African crosses I've tried in the past... We'll see what prime cut does, it's not ready yet, to say nothing of what cure will bring! She help up OK with mold, despite the very dense buds..... Yield will be kinda poor though, I can't figure why after the topping she did basically no lateral branching/bushing development,....

OJ and PAK are still too wet, though a bit of early saver cut OJ and PAK should be testable now... As for these strains in general, I'm pretty disappointed in how they turned out... PAK is one of their oldest, it would seem that it should be damn near locked in IMO, but of the half dozen grows I got feedback from, only a couple had pineapple aromatics, one of which was a leafy bud mutie pheno... the rest were more generic Kushy hashy aroma; so was mine though most were happy with the smoke... mine was kinda lacking on quality in general, not so impressive trich' production for a hashplant type. I get that each seed is a little gamble, but that's accounted for already in any assessments I make,... If the aroma pheno' is not very likely to show, they should bloody say so in their descriptions instead of touting it so boldly like it's a high % occurring pheno'... Shit, I didn't even get the color.....:doh:
Ditto for OJ, which is in fact Tangie by any other name,... also a well established strain. This pheno' is so far off the mark, I can't help but wonder if there was a seed mix-up? I dunno, I have no other grows to compare with, but there is zero orange aroma in this plant, more a general pine-citrus/spicy live,... dry is pending still but expect no magic to happen, aroma has always been mild in strength. Resin production is very good, but bud is too leafy IMO as well.... I know Tangie, had it several times so whatever this pheno' is, it's a real outlier.... The last couple seeds I'll probably just toss away, I'll not offer them to anybody given the results unless they want to gamble. Neither of these will be grown again by me. I appreciated the offer to run a grow-for-show on them, always do, but I feel a little burned right now.... But let's see how the smoke turns out, the last saving grace! :goodluck:
:jointman: Tent auto's, and C99a will be another update shortly, all are doing well, though this C99a is as odd a bloomer as I've seen! More on that later,....

>>> Lilly
View attachment 1110497View attachment 1110498View attachment 1110499View attachment 1110500View attachment 1110501

>>> Orange Juice
View attachment 1110502View attachment 1110503View attachment 1110504View attachment 1110505

>>> Purple Afghani Kush
View attachment 1110507View attachment 1110508View attachment 1110509
Lilly doesn't seem to be lacking in bud quality!!!, maybe a strain best left untopped?

>>> Strawberry Nuggets
View attachment 1111325View attachment 1111326View attachment 1111327View attachment 1111328View attachment 1111329View attachment 1111330View attachment 1111331

>>> Witch Doctor
View attachment 1111332View attachment 1111333View attachment 1111334

>>> C99a
View attachment 1111335View attachment 1111336View attachment 1111337View attachment 1111338View attachment 1111339
all good in there
especially SN:drool:

Plants could not look better! Some strawberry notes is excellent. I must say that I’ve got a soft spot for your c99a. Tend to root for the odd birds. Will be good to break up the heavy stone of SN and WD.
So happy your thieves only got away with the problem girl! :cuss:
:smoking: Thanks luv! I about dropped by sack when I walked into the backyard at the clients, but was relieved instantly when I saw it was only 1 plant and the crappy Bomb plant! If Lilly or Skunk Special got snagged, there'd be whooooole different tenor sung about that...
1570485303483.png
(oh great, f'ing GIF's don't work here any more!)........ I'd be pissed about OJ too, but not as much honestly, given what a let-down that one was, ditto for PAK....
SN is nearly done! :woohoo1: I might leave a few bits lower down to ripen more, but the main buds are about prime now... a couple days I think to chop-time! Same for C99a, oddly the main cola is behind the lowers, part of that weird late bud surge she underwent... but I'm sick of monkeying with her, so she'll dry along side SN... gonna be some nice aromas wafting about I'm sure! Solo cup Comp Cookies girl is pretty much done too, nice Dinafem strain, worthy of a proper grow-out!
Witch Doctor is making some nice fuzzy crowns, but will be a few weeks I think... a long cycle strain for sure... Nice aroma on this one, more sweet/fruity than expected? I think Magic might have noted that before,...
C99a may be dice roll for effect... her adopted sister got a sample of, and the aroma is just delicious, melon notes in her, but the buzz was actually sedating. I figure she has a healthy dose of linalool and/or terpineol in there, accounting form the eat-it-up aroma and the velvet hammer that get lowered! So far, my girl is different enough, so we'll see...

Lilly doesn't seem to be lacking in bud quality!!!, maybe a strain best left untopped?

all good in there
especially SN:drool:
Lilly is a gem Trial, and she's likely to go extinct after hearing some info at another forum...Breeder Mario Bellandi is retired, and what extended works on his limited strains (Original Delicatessen) have not been well reported about, so I hear.... This may force me to buy 1-2 other strains ASAP!
I'm not sure why she didn't bush out more, maybe it was just too late in the season, or her growth habit isn't one that does this much- :shrug:...topping wasn't the issue, and it's wise I did given how the buds formed up!
.... I'm ready for things to be done now- :rofl:.... the condo will be getting painted next week or so, and this will force me to move the tent to the clients garage to finish WD,.... He has a 36x20 tent, but WD won't fit in 20" width! Hey, what aroma's did you get on your WD's?

Back