SANlight sanlight EVO 140 and 60 series perpetual grow with biotabs Dutch passion kerosine krash sssc and seedstockers

Hello folks I don't know if many people know I'm a massive fan of supercropping either to stop a plant getting to close to my lights or to keep my canopy level :photog: anyhow I wanted to show people up to a certain age you can do this without damaging your plants and I find it kicks them into overdrive anyhow my tall trichome and cream has been stretching from in veg and I feel if I didn't take action she would end up to close to my light so she's got multiple tops so I got to work on all the very tall ones as seen in pics and what I will do tomorrow is show how she reacts also you will notice if done carefully i never even broke the outer stem
20220906_175518.jpg
20220906_224845.jpg
20220906_224849.jpg
20220906_224855.jpg
20220906_224901.jpg
20220906_224907.jpg

Exactly, yield wise its always a smart move to maintain an even canopy, when growing seeds the natural way there is often not much else to do then supercrop certain pheno's to make it work. And even when you the same pheno's (happens from clone too) one plant can sometimes grow quicker than the other.

Nice to share this with the community mate! :d5:

Plants looking mighty fine as always!:pop:

Not sure if you would agree St. but you touched on it in your post. I always find the cropped branches to not just end up stronger but the flowers feel denser - I think it has to do with their natural defense mechanism, they feel they are under attack and their single goal in life is to get pollinated so the “broken branches” work harder they try to get big enough to ensure the plants lineage to continue. Could be bro science but I am sure there is a difference

Not sure if you would agree St. but you touched on it in your post. I always find the cropped branches to not just end up stronger but the flowers feel denser - I think it has to do with their natural defense mechanism, they feel they are under attack and their single goal in life is to get pollinated so the “broken branches” work harder they try to get big enough to ensure the plants lineage to continue. Could be bro science but I am sure there is a difference

100%, have had the same experience over and over again.

Most of the times (super)cropped branches get thick knots at the places they have been cropped. These usually becomes the biggest and fattest buds, one of the reason I supercrop the shit out of anything in a SCROG, in order to get massive buds everywhere. One downside though, not all varieties like it... but the ones that do, Oh boy!:drool:

Hmm - I think that's not only the case with supercropping.
When I see a plant could get heavy, I look at the angle, twist and pinch the stem, jast as for lst at the poin I think they might need a stronger statics - some days of support, then the stem thickens at this point and will hold more weight. I also think the buds do profit from that, at least it never was a harm, so I pinch and bend just as needed. As it still it is stress I avoid it on small plants. Perhaps I should try to pinch them all and see how it plays out.
yout input encourages me to do so.

just a quick'n'dirty pic
see where I just pinched in an early stage, when she became fat and I knew she needs more stability...those branches still go up and hold the buds nicely...others I didn't pinch go down.
And look where she broke :-/
2022-09-07-114113_002a.jpeg

the main topic was the buds, they are nice, yes :cooldance:

Last edited:
better in the situation to need to supercrop, than not. :pass:
I just like to show people how tough these plants can be when there healthy and I thanks so much for sharing your pics etc and visiting my thread it means a lot to me
Exactly, yield wise its always a smart move to maintain an even canopy, when growing seeds the natural way there is often not much else to do then supercrop certain pheno's to make it work. And even when you the same pheno's (happens from clone too) one plant can sometimes grow quicker than the other.

Nice to share this with the community mate! :d5:

Plants looking mighty fine as always!:pop:
I'm all about trying new things and if someone learns something along the way that's a massive bonus also on your dutch passion website there's an absolute world of knowledge back there and your show and grows were a highlight for me, Antonio and keep all the tips coming on my grows and if I can do something better please tell me
I love that we can just chat shit about plants and thanks for your input I really appreciate it

Strawberry Cookies harvest buds
Some lovely dry bud pics of my strawberry cookies :photog::cools::wizzy:
20220908_093921.jpg
20220908_093607.jpg
20220908_093536.jpg

Some updated pics from my trichomes and cream girls after the supercropping as I thought she just took it in her stride also a big thanks to @DDubs @DeanOnAuto and @Antonio_DutchPassion for the rep on my last post
20220908_173334.jpg
20220908_173324.jpg
20220908_172815.jpg
20220908_173321.jpg
20220908_172812.jpg

Back