Sweet Seeds Seeds not viable?

That sux about attitude. I'm in se USA and have had issues with ordering seeds in the hot months. They bake in hot trucks/mailboxes. I'll wait till winter from now on
Attitude are a great company mate I used to. Get my seeds from them I've had crushed seeds replaced and dud seeds replaced from them no hassle drop them a email mate you might be surprised
Will give it a go, I'm a big fan of Attitude, love em.

Wow. Looked it up - I used to by cheap seeds from Dr Herman, this may have helped. I'm gonna do it on my next seeds - or these if I can get some tomorrow. Constantly amazed at the stuff I don't know, that's a great tip thanks.

Wow. Looked it up - I used to by cheap seeds from Dr Herman, this may have helped. I'm gonna do it on my next seeds - or these if I can get some tomorrow. Constantly amazed at the stuff I don't know, that's a great tip thanks.
Maybe too late for these, but the other thing that can perk up reluctant seeds is give the surface of the seed a damn good scratching with sandpaper. Roll a little tube of ~120 grit sandpaper, with grit to inside, held in tube form by some masking tape on the outside. Make the tube short enough to block the ends with fingertips of one hand, put seed(s) in, and give them a vigorous shake for 20 seconds or so. This scratches up the surface, especially at the seam, making for easier penetration of water.

I now tube all my seeds prior to soak in 1/3 hydrogen peroxide (the pharmacy 3% stuff used for first aid), 2/3 water, and then put them between wet paper towel until I see a tap root of a cm or so.

The other issue is temperature - soaking and germinating are best done no cooler than ~25C. Cocoforcannabis.com recommends 30C, which is what I use. Temperature is important, especially for reluctant seeds.

Good luck with it. :goodluck:

Last edited:
Hi buddy!

Sometimes there are seeds that can take longer than necessary to germinate. (In a personal crop, I had some seeds that germinated after 3 weeks).

Always be hopeful. Using the 'UFO' system for germination is always a good option because it keeps them in good germination conditions for a long period of time.

There may also be a problem in the way the seeds are preserved. If they are not well preserved by the seller or if they are kept in poor conditions during transport, the seeds may end up being sterilized by chance.

If the current situation caused by the brexit (fucking brexit) had not happened, I could help you. But at present, it is practically impossible to ship to the UK.

Sweet smokes,
Apolo

Hi buddy!

Sometimes there are seeds that can take longer than necessary to germinate. (In a personal crop, I had some seeds that germinated after 3 weeks).

Always be hopeful. Using the 'UFO' system for germination is always a good option because it keeps them in good germination conditions for a long period of time.

There may also be a problem in the way the seeds are preserved. If they are not well preserved by the seller or if they are kept in poor conditions during transport, the seeds may end up being sterilized by chance.

If the current situation caused by the brexit (fucking brexit) had not happened, I could help you. But at present, it is practically impossible to ship to the UK.

Sweet smokes,
Apolo
Thanks bro, no worries - obviously I' m gutted but in the scheme of things a few failed beans is very small beer compared to real problems. I loved Gorilla Girl auto and there's a ton of Sweet Seeds on my to do list. Got to say after a few days in water the seeds were still rock hard and there was a chance they were still viable, also I'm no expert so there's a real chance of user error. And I do have a very nice sticker. Thank you for taking the time respond.

Back