Skinny leaves at bud sights on one plant.

Reaction score
First time poster, long time lurker.....
This is my first year growing so bear with me. I have a tent with some autos (and a couple clones) that are doing great except for one plant. They are in week 3ish of flower and this is my first round of autos that are actually working out yay. As of about a week ago my GSC has started making skinny little leaves at all the bud sights. All the others are doing great. Ive added pics. there is no real discoloration except for one spot which i included a pic of. I know its a bit warm in there but i live in a desert so cool is a constant battle but its usually around 80-85 (getting lower as fall kicks in) and RH is high since i just watered but is usually 40-50.
growing in 50/50 coco and potting soil, using complete crop with flower fuel
I keep PH at around 6.5 (recently lowered to 6.3ish)
600w LED (its a off brand so its probly not actually 600)
AMA anything i forgot

Attachments

• 20211013_120156.jpg
    20211013_120156.jpg
    993.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 20211013_120226.jpg
    20211013_120226.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 67
  • 20211013_120151.jpg
    20211013_120151.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 54
How often are you watering, and are you watering by time or pot weight?
Are you watering to run off?
Approximately what is the PPM of your nutrient solution and runoff, if you are able to collect it?
Is that the only GSC plant?

I have some guesses, but additional info will help target an idea.

Last question - how often are you feeding?

Last question - how often are you feeding?
I feed once a week and water by weight (3-4 days) and I water till it runs off (usually out the sides of the fabric pot about half way down. Sorry I don't have a ppm meter.

I think you might just be under watering slightly. The way that plant was drooping mostly just looks like she got a little too thirsty. If water is coming out the sides of your pots that indicates that you are watering too fast and that your soil is hydrophobic.

A lot of growers suggest waiting until the soil is dry 2-3 inches down before watering. This is waiting too long in my opinion, at that point the topsoil is usually hydrophobic, which is bad for the roots at the top of your pot and puts some stress on your plant.

You didn’t mention what kind of soil you are using, but it’s usually a good idea to add a little extra drainage substrate to most premixed soil blends. Then you can water a little more often and not need to worry about overwatering.

I have a couple Mephisto Skywalker going at the moment about as far along as your autos. I am watering them every about every 2 days just for reference.

Good luck and happy growing!

Back