Snerval's third grow - BioTabs

snerval

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hi,

These 4 plants germinated directly in their final pot. However, during the first week I think they were a little chilly, around 19°C - I nevertheless took care that the RH was sufficient, moreover the VPD table showed me that I was in the right range. But they were quite stunned for a while.
This is the first time I grow in winter, thought it would be easier than in the middle of heat waves. Lol!
Lesson learned, I think young shoots prefer the heat !

For a few days I have noticed that they have resumed their growth, with however a strange effect on their stem : it is thicker at the top than at the base.
I recall that they were quite leggy at the start, and I also made the mistake of not putting enough soil in the pots...
So I ask the question : should I put more soil in order to strengthen their base ?

They are around day 20.
I was thinking of topping them above the 4th or 5th knot, however I think that might not be a good idea, since they lost time at the very beginning.
What advice would you give me ?

Thanks !

Blueberry auto
IMG_4593.JPG

Red strawberry banana auto
IMG_4592.JPG

White widow auto
IMG_4591.JPG

OG kush auto
IMG_4590.JPG

Here you can see the thickness of the stem on top of plant - it's quite the same on all four plants.
IMG_4587.JPG

It wouldn't hurt to trim off the first true leaf set and add some more soil for some support. Your girls look healthy.

What bug is that on the lower leaf set in the last pic?

It wouldn't hurt to trim off the first true leaf set and add some more soil for some support. Your girls look healthy.

What bug is that on the lower leaf set in the last pic?
It's a kind of "brown marmorated stink bug - I remove them from time to time. Don't know what attract them, maybe heat and light ?

Those plants are looking great! I topped a blueberry auto at the 5th node my last grow and I thought I stunted it as it kinda stalled out vegging for a couple weeks but then it just shot up and was a great producer with 8 main colas, harvested a lot of bud and the blueberry smell and flavor are top tier.

I don’t see any problems here. They are thinner at the bottom rather than the top because they were stretching for more light. Give them babies more light bro! They are looking good. The base of the stem will continue to thicken. At 20 days they could be a little bigger but overall your growth looks uniform. I’d advise against topping. Give them another few days then start low stress training instead of topping. With LST I get more weight and side branches than I do with topping no matter how successful the topping process is. LST is just less stressful on them if done right. What is the insect on one of your girls? I’d get rid asap.

It's a kind of "brown marmorated stink bug - I remove them from time to time. Don't know what attract them, maybe heat and light ?
Stink bugs are sap suckers and not great for plants. They hibernate in the walls/attics/chimneys of houses in winter and come out on the warm days thinking it's spring. One or 2 here and there won't hurt a plant, but you want to keep them off young plants

Back