Son of Hobbes

High of the Tiger
Staff member
AFN Admin
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Website
www.autoflower.org
Alright, unpacking the 2nd set of autopots and then going to open up the these bags of super stinky super stank haha!

Just want to say, this is my first time ever using a supersoil type product and I've never actually SMELLED something like this before. And if you've never SMELLED something like this before, well. Let me just tell ya. It is soooooooooooo. Stinky. Oh lurdy! Hahahahaha! Stankalicious! I mean in a good way I'm sure (regarding the plants,) but these bags have been sitting next to me for a few days at my computer desk and it's just... *sniff sniff* "ohhhh yeah!"

Sinus problems? Inhale deep. Mmmmmm. Now you have a NEW problem. :rofl:

Kidding aside, will get these pots going today and seeds in the rapid rooters! Using the @Ronin method for germinating!
@Kindsoil, @autoflower.net., @CannaZone

Just making a casual observation while I get my autopots ready with this Kind Soil, I just put in my air dome, put in my expanded clay and left a good part of the upper dome exposed as per the recent discussions, now adding in the Kind Soil layer. I'm about 2 pounds in this 3.9 gallon autpot and I swear I'm about half full already. If I go the full 4 pounds, there's not going to be a huge layer of coco in the way as I originally thought (and was worried about the taproot needing time to seek down.)

Should I use less? Maybe 2 pounds per 4 gallon bucket? What do you guys think?

I would use no more then 1.5 pounds personally unless your growing a photo.. Is the auto pot really shallow?

I could fit a 3 gallon round fabric pot in them and it would be nice and snug, but cozy inside if that gives you an idea.

kind souls recommendations on the website are for a photo. FOr an auto he recomends 1.5 pounds unless you have a long term auto then I would go 2 pounds

Is that 1.5 pounds for a 3 gallon?

So roughly a 1/2 pound per gallon pot size for an autoflower?

No he said no matter what an auto shouldn't need more than 1.5-2 lbs to compare it's life cycle. U should b fine at 2.page 2-4 some where I asked and they addressed it

Well alright, giving it a go! Four 4 gallon autopots topped off with coco/perlite mix!

Appreciate the advice fellas! New adventure to autpots and new adventure to Kind Soil! Had enough of the Kind Soil mix left over for a 2 gallon fabric pot, so that will be 5 pots total running for me.

Yes I am curious as well hope it goes super smooth

Oh I have tempered expectations. But I know a few people wanted to see this in autopots and well, here's to testing brotha! :cheers: I'm sure with this lot we'll be able to help each other out just fine along the way! :vibe:

May I participate in this thread if I purchase some kind soil this week? Id like to share my experience as well...I have two different soils to try it with....roots organics 707 which I think will b the best but I also have sunshine advanced ultra coir which is basically sunshine advanced with 30% added coco and some light organic nutrients....both should work well to use until the roots hit the kind soil....

Hey bud let me talk it over with the rest of the group and we'll get back to you one way or the other!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back