Son of Hobbes

High of the Tiger
Staff member
AFN Admin
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Website
www.autoflower.org
Due to the increasing amount of requests for a DIY LED building section, we decided to create a forum specifically for it!

@arty zan will be assisting with the LED moderating and has been doing a stand-up job since we've invited him on to help with LED material, let's give him a warm welcome and I'm sure we'll see some great, innovative ideas come out of here!

Now for the fun disclaimer stuff! We expect a good, clean forum here. No vendor bashing/ripping on any vendors. DIY is a great venue for those who are willing to work with their hands and take on the risks associated with any DIY project, but there are plenty of viable pre-fab options available for consumers as well, so let's keep it civil and full of the great knowledge AFN is known for!

We're actively working on getting some of the more well known LED/COB building parts vendors on here as well, so if that happens we're hoping we may be able to sponsor a vendor workshop for building lights!

Have fun guys!

Woo Hoo:woohoo:
Thanks SoH :d5:
This a fantastic opportunity to show how great the AFN vibe is.:vibe:
A place for brothers and sisters to share learn, have fun & build their own LED light.
I know this section can become a great success, lets show the World what we can do by being friendly, helpful and having fun!!
So if you have knowledge, pass it on with a smile on your face and remember not everyone will find it as easy as you do, to understand the technical aspects.
I'd like everyone who comes here to be able learn to build a light.
I think it is great we have LED vendors and a DIY LED section in the forum, so everyone gets covered,there is to be no "us & them", WE are all AFN!:vibe:
Who knows maybe some of the builders here, may become vendors here one day, you never know!!:bighug:Hard work, dedication,who knows where it might lead?

So let the fun begin, I know the future is bright, I know the future is LED and I know the AFN vibe can make the best DIY LED section ever.
Let us go forward and create, build,learn, teach and have fun the AFN way:d5::thumbsup::cheers::bighug::vibe::pass:

I look forward to seeing some awesome builds.

peace

arty:bighug::pass:

This will Rock :smoking:

Brother @A-Train has inspired me to get a few CREE 3590 CBX (72v) COBs, and I'm going to take some old panel carcasses and make a pair of 2x3590 panels. I have 8 drivers from some retired Mars panels, and once I have the specs for a proper heatsink for the build, I will put up a build thread, here, to show what I did, and how much it cost :coffee:

:smokeout::bighug::smokeout:

This will Rock :smoking:

Brother @A-Train has inspired me to get a few CREE 3590 CBX (72v) COBs, and I'm going to take some old panel carcasses and make a pair of 2x3590 panels. I have 8 drivers from some retired Mars panels, and once I have the specs for a proper heatsink for the build, I will put up a build thread, here, to show what I did, and how much it cost :coffee:

:smokeout::bighug::smokeout:
Hi waxi :bighug:

Great to have you here brother :pass:

What a sensible chap that @A-Train is I'm glad he inspired you to have a go at making your first DIY lights!!
Fantastic your gonna do a build thread, I imagine it will be no less than awesome with you doing it!
I love that you will also include the costings too, we're all watching the pennies so to speak.
I also love that people are upcycling old lights and creating new ones, really cool and a good way to reuse resources too!
Can't wait to see your project Waxi :d5:
:bighug::pass:
arty

Ive been running my own DIY (left over from keeping corals) to great effect in the past year.
I'll try and post something up regarding build and colour combos when i have a bit of time as ive had some decent yields but also grown some weird mutants haha

Ive been running my own DIY (left over from keeping corals) to great effect in the past year.
I'll try and post something up regarding build and colour combos when i have a bit of time as ive had some decent yields but also grown some weird mutants haha
First and fore most let me welcome you to AFN:welcome:great to have you here!
If you haven't already, could i get you to pop over to the intro's section, where we can give you a proper AFN welcome.
It's a great way to learn a little about you and to get to know us a little better,the members are fantastic and you'll find they are also very helpful.
Here's the link for you - https://www.autoflower.org/forums/live-introductions.35/

I look forwards to your post and seeing your girls too.
Weird mutants, oh yes, we like to see the oddities too!
It will be great to here your thoughts on colour combs and here Which you have had the best results with!
See you soon brother and great to have you here with us too!!:pass::bighug:

arty

Which you have had the best results with!

TBH In the last 2 grows i settled on using just 3000k warm whites with the last one giving about 10 oz off 2 No Auto Ultimates.

In my first grow i mixed up warm white, cool white, red , royal blue, blue and uv and although they grew, they grew weird lmao.
I'll dig the specs and pics out

Back