New Grower +Speed Auto by Sweet Seeds (1st grow)

@vizi Thanks for your input, i'm thinking about starting a new grow soon and i'm looking at possible nutrients, i'll look into Dutch Pro as well.
I may try with Biobizz again with fresh nutes and only using Root Juice, Grow, Bloom and Topmax, but no more additional stuff for sure. And i also want to have another plant with different nutes just in case.

I see Topmax also has calcium in it, and BioGrow contains molasses which i've heard also has a lot of calcium in it, so this makes me hesitant a bit.
I'd rather have some deficiencies to fix with CalMag than having a nutrient lockout because of calcium toxicity.

And another problem i have with Biobizz is that you have to use both Bloom and Grow or FishMix to get optimal results.
Bloom has low N, high P, medium K. So if i want more K i have to use Grow or FishMix because they have it, but they also have high N which if i don't need will only burn my plants. So i end up chasing my tail trying to match and mix dosages. And now i've read people say BioGrow smells sweet because of the molasses, but my bottle smells a bit sour like fermented. I may have used rancid nutes all this time :(

I might even try the Mono nutrients by Canna or something similar. NPK all in separate bottles so i can adjust each nutrient when needed. But i'll see, now i'm taking a small break, i'm monitoring the plant just for the sake of it hoping it will give me at least something to harvest but the yellowing is getting worse and worse. I flushed the soil and added a lot of Bloom but it doesn't seem to help much. I'll take time to recollect my thoughts.

@vizi Thanks for your input, i'm thinking about starting a new grow soon and i'm looking at possible nutrients, i'll look into Dutch Pro as well.
I may try with Biobizz again with fresh nutes and only using Root Juice, Grow, Bloom and Topmax, but no more additional stuff for sure. And i also want to have another plant with different nutes just in case.

I see Topmax also has calcium in it, and BioGrow contains molasses which i've heard also has a lot of calcium in it, so this makes me hesitant a bit.
I'd rather have some deficiencies to fix with CalMag than having a nutrient lockout because of calcium toxicity.

And another problem i have with Biobizz is that you have to use both Bloom and Grow or FishMix to get optimal results.
Bloom has low N, high P, medium K. So if i want more K i have to use Grow or FishMix because they have it, but they also have high N which if i don't need will only burn my plants. So i end up chasing my tail trying to match and mix dosages. And now i've read people say BioGrow smells sweet because of the molasses, but my bottle smells a bit sour like fermented. I may have used rancid nutes all this time :(

I might even try the Mono nutrients by Canna or something similar. NPK all in separate bottles so i can adjust each nutrient when needed. But i'll see, now i'm taking a small break, i'm monitoring the plant just for the sake of it hoping it will give me at least something to harvest but the yellowing is getting worse and worse. I flushed the soil and added a lot of Bloom but it doesn't seem to help much. I'll take time to recollect my thoughts.

AFter reading many posts from very seasoned (10+) year growers of mostly classic and photo strains, my conclusion has been that nuts are not needed at all when growing in decent soil, and that it can damage the grow in many instances - on top, autos are less nutes dependant. I almost wish I didnt use the little nuts I have used so far, because I would have ended up with a good plain reference grow in my preferred medium. It feels like playing with fire almost to me, hence using very few and diluted to less than half recommended dose. Next grow I may bulk up on the nutes and see what happen, but then I will know it was nutes that messed it up. Pic attached under the flash - few leaves burned with a heater fan.

Attachments

• IMG_20220608_104441-01.jpeg
    IMG_20220608_104441-01.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 24
Yes i would love to use a good soil to add only water, but we don't have a soil like that in my country, and i never found a proven super-soil in EU.
I live in an apartment and i can't make my own soil with composts and stuff, i wouldn't even have the time to wait for months for the soil to cook.
I have the Soma DIY mix, from Soma Sacred Seeds which is water only and few compost teas. But they recommend at least 30L pot which is too big for my tent, so maybe next time.

Yes i would love to use a good soil to add only water, but we don't have a soil like that in my country, and i never found a proven super-soil in EU.
I live in an apartment and i can't make my own soil with composts and stuff, i wouldn't even have the time to wait for months for the soil to cook.
I have the Soma DIY mix, from Soma Sacred Seeds which is water only and few compost teas. But they recommend at least 30L pot which is too big for my tent, so maybe next time.
that is a trouble - I hear you. For instance Biobizz All soil has 4 week feed in it, so you know right away that no nutes are needed for a month. Buying a general compost is tricky - people recommend not buying rich compost as it comes with who knows what mix of nutes in it. So if I could not get a cannabis specific soil, I would go with any seedling soil (comes with little feed) mixed with coco and 50% perlite or vermiculite, and then use grow and flower nutes at 1/2 strength from the get go, and boost only if/when needed.

Have a look into using Coco mate.. that all sounds like a lot of messing around!

I used:

Canna Coco a+b
Canna Rhizotonic

Nothing else other than water and I had pretty good success.. keep it simple and add as you learn. I think you're frying your brain a bit for no reason lol

Coco maybe for some other time, as i heard it needs to be watered and fed often, always correct pH etc..
And summers are very busy for me, i won't have time to water them every day. I like that i can water the soil every 3-5 days with rounded up pH

Coco maybe for some other time, as i heard it needs to be watered and fed often, always correct pH etc..
And summers are very busy for me, i won't have time to water them every day. I like that i can water the soil every 3-5 days with rounded up pH

If you want to completely simplify it m8 get yourself some AN Sensi Bloom and stop measuring ph.. forever :thumbsup:

Back