sprout growing sideways?

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
NL5 X Haze All Day
So this is my 2nd sprout out of my first attempt to grow. 1st sprout was at first looking droopy and later found out she was fine. Once germinated both seeds were planted 1/4 in down with tap root down . 2nd seed sprouted 4 days after the first and it seems almost like it moved closer to top of soil. I just want to know if i should just cover what i think is the tap root(whiter end) with soil up to the leaves or just leave it alone?
20210506_013235.jpg
20210506_013231.jpg

I have found that not messing with them is the best way to go... You can definitely try and put some dirt over it but other than that I would probably leave it alone myself.

Just needs a dose of LITFA.
Had to look that up, :doh::haha: being a new grower i see thats the best thing to do in this stage of life. Do you think this will affect(stunt) the plant at all? Seems the more i ask about it, the more i see its not really a big deal.

Had to look that up, :doh::haha: being a new grower i see thats the best thing to do in this stage of life. Do you think this will affect(stunt) the plant at all? Seems the more i ask about it, the more i see its not really a big deal.
What you do not see is the growing tip of the root. This is where the work is going on now. New science has proven that the tip of the root "Augers in on a molecular level" - cool stuff. Anyhow the plant needs to have enough leverage to lift itself up. Do not mist it.

What you do not see is the growing tip of the root. This is where the work is going on now. New science has proven that the tip of the root "Augers in on a molecular level" - cool stuff. Anyhow the plant needs to have enough leverage to lift itself up. Do not mist it.
Thats pretty cool, natural drilling. Dont mist it directly? Mist around is what your saying when watering?

Thats pretty cool, natural drilling. Dont mist it directly? Mist around is what your saying when watering?
No don't mist around that plant either. The RH in the space should be between 60% and 70% absolute minimum is 50%.

If you get the space under that seedling wet it will dampen off.

What you need to learn about watering will come with practice. Here are the basic rules: Never let the soil dry out. Soil and or coco can become hydrophobic if allowed to dry. This means it repels water. This in turn will create dry pockets in the soil and roots there will die. If your soil - coco have accidentally dried out use a surfactant to help re-wet it. I like yucca powder. Don't let soil remain soggy by watering too much too often. Root rot, damping off, molds, fungus gnats and other problems start in soggy soil. When you do water water the entire pot. How to learn when to water starts before you plant the seed. Fill your container with fresh soil/coco and weigh it (heft it) this is the lightest weight and consider it a dry pot. Now slowly water until the soil/coco will no longer absorb the water and run-off begins; weigh the pot (heft it) this is the maximum water, the wettest the pot can get. The difference between wettest and driest is the maximum water weight, for ease of explanation lets just say the water weighs 20 pounds. When the pot loses 10 pounds (half of the water weight) it is time to water again. There is an art to watering.

No don't mist around that plant either. The RH in the space should be between 60% and 70% absolute minimum is 50%.

If you get the space under that seedling wet it will dampen off.

What you need to learn about watering will come with practice. Here are the basic rules: Never let the soil dry out. Soil and or coco can become hydrophobic if allowed to dry. This means it repels water. This in turn will create dry pockets in the soil and roots there will die. If your soil - coco have accidentally dried out use a surfactant to help re-wet it. I like yucca powder. Don't let soil remain soggy by watering too much too often. Root rot, damping off, molds, fungus gnats and other problems start in soggy soil. When you do water water the entire pot. How to learn when to water starts before you plant the seed. Fill your container with fresh soil/coco and weigh it (heft it) this is the lightest weight and consider it a dry pot. Now slowly water until the soil/coco will no longer absorb the water and run-off begins; weigh the pot (heft it) this is the maximum water, the wettest the pot can get. The difference between wettest and driest is the maximum water weight, for ease of explanation lets just say the water weighs 20 pounds. When the pot loses 10 pounds (half of the water weight) it is time to water again. There is an art to watering.

Perfect, thanks for the quick response, rh is 65-70 so ill let it just sit, when do i start looking at watering again? Once its standing and the leaves open up? I really appreciate the help.

Perfect, thanks for the quick response, rh is 65-70 so ill let it just sit, when do i start looking at watering again? Once its standing and the leaves open up? I really appreciate the help.
When the pot needs water.

Back