Starting seeds/transplanting

I use the soak and then jiffy pellet method myself. I like to remove the netting also. I know the roots can grow through it easily but it's a personal preference sort of thing.

I did buy one of those jiffy starter kits with the plastic tray and dome. I set that on our router for heat. It is offset slightly with some plastic spacers.

I use the soak and then jiffy pellet method myself. I like to remove the netting also. I know the roots can grow through it easily but it's a personal preference sort of thing.

I did buy one of those jiffy starter kits with the plastic tray and dome. I set that on our router for heat. It is offset slightly with some plastic spacers.
Ive used this with photos. At first it wasnt great in my hands. Later I saw a tutorial where they gently squeezed the pellets after soaking them (so they're not so damp) then rolled them in their hands to loosen up the peat, followed by fluffing up the top . Since I started doing that my success with those went way up.
I'm wondering if this way might have the least chance of shocking them?? Maybe my next run I'll do it this way straight to my final pots. Since my current 6 (ak47 auto fem) in the tent we're done with the doubled solo cups. I have 6 more of the same strain .

This might be foolish to ask but what is the difference between transfer and transplant?

Two ready for transfer, one ready for transplant.

Attachments

• Ready to transfer.jpg
    Ready to transfer.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 30
  • Ready to transplant..jpg
    Ready to transplant..jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 27
Those look great!

that's around the point I normally would transplant my photos. I'm Speed Test guessing you get no stall since you've got a method you stick with

Last edited:
Back