Photoperiod Subtropical winter outdoor guerilla grow with Connoisseur Genetics: crosses of Neville's Haze, Thai, SSSDHaze, Mullumbimby, Kariba

Namaste my friend 🙏

How are the remainder of your plants doing? Just curious how them Sativa's hold up in your region.
I'm currently bidding on a online auction. Got me some nice Sativa dominant hybrids among others...Regular Photo's though. But oh so nice breeding material 👌

Was just about to update after a long delayed garden visit.
Auction? Mr Nice? Sounds like it when you say sati-dom reg photos.

Day 163 -- from sprouting!

17 Days since last proper photo report.
Most of that time has been harvesting, drying, a bit of a cure.
And testing the product, of course!
Weather has finally picked up, and now we're up to 25C-30C daily highs, down to maybe 20C at night.
Still very humid, but that's just normal for around here...

Before I jump in to the garden and the last girl standing, Little Miss SSSTN, something very interesting.
Recently I found another way in to the site.
Near where I used to climb the little hill and follow outside the wall of the building compound through the jungle, there is a little hole in the wall at the bottom of the hill. It used to be obscured by some coverings, but there is a small hole, big enough for me to sneak through.
It takes you inside the underground carpark of the whole building complex, the front line of about 20 abandoned apartments.
Then you just walk up the sloped carpark area to come out where the wall ends, and then up to the third line of apartments where the garden is.
Very easy walk, don't have to push through the jungle (which has spider webs, bugs, and can get slippery and wet after/during the rain.
Anyway, I've walked there a few times now. It's quite dark, but some light shines through in places with holes up to the apartments in the carpark roof. Scared a few pigeons, and the first time the pigeons scared me, too!!
This time, I thought I heard pigeons, but the sound was different, more like swallows, which I think are so cute. But didn't pay attention, just want to get safely to the garden.
On the way out, I stopped to check, as the 'pigeons' or 'swallows' were flying around in the dark.
Strange.

Bats!!

It's a big nesting place for bats right now. I'm very sure they weren't there before.
But now there's maybe 50 to 100 of them, hanging upside down for a sleep.
PXL_20240326_032321999.jpg

This is maybe less than half of them.
Camera is on nighttime mode, and it actually feels much much darker in there.
They swooped around a bit, maybe I disturbed them.
But they didn't bother me at all.

I have garden bat guardians now!! 🦇
1711426518395.png

2 X Super Silver Sour Thai Nevil (fem) = Swiss Thai Nevil 1 clone X SSSDH OJD cut Reversed (10-12 weeks?)
In a big 20L pot.

Miss Grail (NLD pheno) -- Day 146 = 42V + 104F:

I took down the last drying branch and bagged it to bring home.
Not fully dry -- it's just too humid outside here.
But will finish the drying process at the other drying location which is effective.
The flower really darkens with this long slow outdoor drying process.

Little Miss SSSTN: Day 163 = 63V(?) + 100F

This little lady has finally made it to 100 days flowering -- pushing past 14 weeks!!
She could probably just keep on going.
She has thickened up a fair bit, the calyxes swelling a lot, as they were tiny before.
Looks very similar to the 'Big Miss', but her flower shape is rounder, whereas Big Miss was more a long frond shape.
The aromas and flavors coming off Little Miss are almost identical to Big Miss.
Fruity, a little spicy, like dried tropical fruits that are a bit over ripe.
Also very very sticky, though maybe not quite as sticky as Big Miss.

She had lots of little tiny bits of mold here and there.
Due to very open flowers, it doesn't spread very fast at all, it seems, as she had this a couple of weeks ago and I didn't even do anything about it at all at the time.
I cut the main stem, broke down the branches and flower clusters, trimmed of the bad stuff and put the good flower into the laundry bag to dry.

Sorry I didn't take any bud shots -- they were ugly on the plant, to be honest!
But here is the pot and cut down stems.
I'm leaving a lower branch of Big Miss and a couple of lowers of Little Miss in the pot for now.

PXL_20240326_031645925.jpg

Front / focus flower is Big Miss.
Back is Little Miss.

From the top:
PXL_20240326_031650179.jpg

Will leave these a bit, see what happens with the flower -- will it just continue to mature, or will it re-veg?!
And whether I want to use this same pot for the Spring Season Grow (more below).

Namo Shivaya!

Fun, fun, fun!

Love and hugs,
~MJS
(aka 'Batwoman'!)
🦇 🦇 🦇 🦇

Spring-Summer Grow Begins -- Maria among the Hazes!

Took the little seedlings from the earlier seed drop to the garden.
The second seed drop seedlings are still quite small (though they could plant out -- same size as plant out for winter season!)
Photos are in the 'work room' around the corner from the sunlit balcony garden grow zone.
I can work here completely hidden with good light.

One (remaining) fem Lemon 'n' Lime Jones seedling:
  • Lemon N Lime Jones = Casey Jones cut x SSSDH cut reversed (8-10 weeks)
15 L pot.
Day 10 (from 2024-03-16)

She's sharing this pot for now with the remainder of the Grail (NLD pheno), amended with a bit more coco, worm castings, and pellet organic amendments.
PXL_20240326_031638800.MP.jpg

Three (remaining) reg Grail Project (early pheno) x ThaiFrican seedlings:
  • (Grail Project) NH18 x MM pheno 1 = (NH18 x MM pheno 1) x (NH21 x MML Male) (12-16 weeks)
  • ThaiFrican = Outback Haze 2 clone x (Nevil Haze 23 x Kariba Male) (10-12 weeks)
20 L pot.
Day 10 (from 2024-03-16)

This is the pot that had the ThaiFrican male and the two tiny Thai Madness girls.
They would have barely used any nutrients in it so I just left it without any amendments.
PXL_20240326_031634955.jpg

They're a bit kind of flopping on each other, but I'm sure they'll pick up now, as they'll have light all day, at 12/12.

The big question of this whole spring season grow is: how will they respond to the increasing light hours?
A month from now (being 40+ days from sprouting) will be about 13/11, and then the increase will slow down.
As mentioned earlier, I have had photoperiod plants flower through summer here.
My avatar pic is a Thai Gold (Thai x Guerilla Gold) near harvest around July or maybe August, so flowered right through June!
That's why I picked the L'n'L Jones as she has more indica in the mix rather than a pure sativa, likewise the Kariba cross of the ThaiFrican.
Let's see.
If they don't flower, they're going to be absolutely huge by August or September, hahahahaaahaa!
(Sativa/haze with a 4-5 month veg period!)

Peace and Love,
~MJS

Auction? Mr Nice? Sounds like it when you say sati-dom reg photos.
Yup, Mr.N's auction site. Quite addictive it is...Never ever have I spent so much money on seeds, but now I have quite the spread of genetics from the olden days. Meanwhile I've also bid on some more Indica's, going from G13x Afghan Skunk, G13xWidow to NL#5xSkunk crosses, A Sativa called Pink Floyd and a Afghan Haze, all to play with and autofy or incorporate into my breeding program.
In total have about a 150 seeds @1.5€/seed :hump: Think I'm going for the registered mail option on this one 👌
Saw the G13 IBL going for over 300€/15 seeds!! Nope, wasn't gonna happen. I'll open up the G13xAfghan Skunk and G13xWidow when I've got some spare time. I'll do a couple of generations of open pollination on these cultivars and then I'll have plenty of G13's, Afghan & Skunk to select from...and only at a fraction of the price. Time I have enough, money I don't...:shrug:

Yup, Mr.N's auction site. Quite addictive it is...Never ever have I spent so much money on seeds, but now I have quite the spread of genetics from the olden days. Meanwhile I've also bid on some more Indica's, going from G13x Afghan Skunk, G13xWidow to NL#5xSkunk crosses, A Sativa called Pink Floyd and a Afghan Haze, all to play with and autofy or incorporate into my breeding program.
In total have about a 150 seeds @1.5€/seed :hump: Think I'm going for the registered mail option on this one 👌
Saw the G13 IBL going for over 300€/15 seeds!! Nope, wasn't gonna happen. I'll open up the G13xAfghan Skunk and G13xWidow when I've got some spare time. I'll do a couple of generations of open pollination on these cultivars and then I'll have plenty of G13's, Afghan & Skunk to select from...and only at a fraction of the price. Time I have enough, money I don't...:shrug:
I've made a few seeds this round, too.
Only had one male, though, the ThaiFrican, as the Grail boys were too slow for my needs.
So I have about 50 Thai Madness x ThaiFrican, maybe another 50 from the Grail (both phenos) x ThaiFrican, 30 from the SSSTN x ThaiFrican, plus some others that I am not 100% sure of the father (as the Grail boys may have dropped some pollen).
I've already dropped 10 Grail (fast pheno) x ThaiFrican seeds, and have eight seedlings.
Maybe next fall-winter season I'll find a male from the SSSTN x ThaiFrican and use it on the last two SSSTN fems, to get something 75% SSSTN in reg form.
And having a lot of fun along the way!

I've made a few seeds this round, too.
Only had one male, though, the ThaiFrican, as the Grail boys were too slow for my needs.
So I have about 50 Thai Madness x ThaiFrican, maybe another 50 from the Grail (both phenos) x ThaiFrican, 30 from the SSSTN x ThaiFrican, plus some others that I am not 100% sure of the father (as the Grail boys may have dropped some pollen).
I've already dropped 10 Grail (fast pheno) x ThaiFrican seeds, and have eight seedlings.
Maybe next fall-winter season I'll find a male from the SSSTN x ThaiFrican and use it on the last two SSSTN fems, to get something 75% SSSTN in reg form.
And having a lot of fun along the way!
Breeding and creating your own seeds is so satisfactory!! And you would think with all them seeds you have, you wouldn't find the need to buy seeds, but we all know that won't happen. :shrug: :rofl:

Breeding and creating your own seeds is so satisfactory!! And you would think with all them seeds you have, you wouldn't find the need to buy seeds, but we all know that won't happen. :shrug: :rofl:
No 'breeding' here for me, just some pollen chucking for seeds to play with and back up the grows.
You're doing some great selection work, and you'll get good results out of the process.

You're doing some great selection work, and you'll get good results out of the process.
Thank you bro! I'm actually learning a lot with this project. Have done so much research and still get tips I didn't even consider. So yeah, let's keep our fingers crossed this project will turn out to be what I hoped it will be.
On another note, I'm just finished with bidding on the auctions and my total damage was 230€ incl. tracked shipping and that's for a total of 162 seeds.
I went through the numbers and if I would have bought them instead of bidding I would have ended up paying over 550€ for the lot! So bidding on the auction site surely did pay off. Now I only need to explain to my missus I spent more then double the amount we agreed upon. Think I'll be sleeping in the doghouse for a while :naughtystep:

Thank you bro! I'm actually learning a lot with this project. Have done so much research and still get tips I didn't even consider. So yeah, let's keep our fingers crossed this project will turn out to be what I hoped it will be.
On another note, I'm just finished with bidding on the auctions and my total damage was 230€ incl. tracked shipping and that's for a total of 162 seeds.
I went through the numbers and if I would have bought them instead of bidding I would have ended up paying over 550€ for the lot! So bidding on the auction site surely did pay off. Now I only need to explain to my missus I spent more then double the amount we agreed upon. Think I'll be sleeping in the doghouse for a while :naughtystep:
Hey Bob!
"Shiva's Mistress" is not a "bro" -- hint, it's in the name. :p
A long time ago I used to do air layering, where you start the roots before you cut the branch from the plant.
Select your branch, remove a node of leaves, wrap that area with rooting hormone and cotton wool / rockwool / rooting cube (or whatever), wrap that in plastic with a little breathing room.
1711540949534.png

In a week or two you can remove the plastic and cotton wool, and you'll already have roots growing.
Then when you cut and put in the medium, they can more quickly pick up the water and nutrients, and you have longer growing time because the branch can still grow while you're rooting.
It takes a bit more work and manual dexterity, but the results are nice.
Tricks I learned from Robert Clarke's Marijuana Botany, a true classic.

"Shiva's Mistress" is not a "bro" -- hint, it's in the name. :p
My sincerest apologies milady :toke:

Select your branch, remove a node of leaves, wrap that area with rooting hormone and cotton wool / rockwool / rooting cube (or whatever), wrap that in plastic with a little breathing room.
That's so cool! I've done it on my Fig tree a couple of times. Even bought the ball like cups to fill with soil to fasten the process, but never though I could use this procedure on my canna plants.

Back