New Grower super auto question

K

Kinobreeze

So I have some seeds for a few "super autos" but I hear alot of peoples don't actually autoflower so I was wondering how many weeks should I wait before force flowering if they don't seem to want to autoflower????

the class "Supersuto" typically is 90-120 days from seed and usually row quite large... super autos are typically more sativa leaning... thus the longer DTH (Days to harvest)

hope this helpe.. :2cents:

I had an Mossy's ALF#3(Afghan Little Fuck #3)that didn't sex at 4 weeks so I left it under 20/4, I left it in for 2 more weeks before it showed female...
Wiz/Mossy calls his big phenotypes that grow over 12"- 14" Amazonian Autos...

So at 6 weeks she showed sex, She finished at 145 days old under 20/4 light regiment... If I remember correctly she yielded 3.75 ounces...
103.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand.

A watt is a watt. Whether it's a CFL watt, a HPS watt, an LED watt.. how is it more expensive.... ffs.. a computer with a monitor is usually about 800W..

145 days x 20 /day = 2900 hours x [400 hps] (actually 440 watts digital) 440 = 1,160,000 watt/hours or 1160 kwhrs x .19 per KWH (here) = $220.40

$1.52 / day

thaty help? granted some of this power is also spent on others... but you see the space to production ratio here is not good.. 2.3 cycles could have been done with a 60-day strain .. say 2 cycles of blueberry at 3 ounces each (potentially) ends up 6 ounces... can you get somewhere near that with the 145 day version? I dunno the answer to this.. just posing the question and some numbers.

Also, I may be wrong about the actual definition of the super-auto judging by TBM's post... but from what I understaood they were a little longer like 90-120 days ... and therefore also had better cloning potential and yest still produced a harvest faster than a typical sativa outdoors... I believe they are ideal for this although I haven't had the opportunity to try them yet... soon... SCH when possible.

I don't understand.

A watt is a watt. Whether it's a CFL watt, a HPS watt, an LED watt.. how is it more expensive.... ffs.. a computer with a monitor is usually about 800W..
I only noticed a 20 buck swing in my Power bill but others may notice a lot more...
A watt is a watt I don't think it matters about what type of lighting that is using it...

Thanks for the advise we shall see what happens soon enough

For the guy wondering about lights after you figure out what light is more economical think about how many lights you will need to saticfy your plants

The original poster didn't ask how long they run for/life span (the info you provided), but when should flowering be forced if necessary - two very different topics. Slow your roll.

my bad

So I have some seeds for a few "super autos" but I hear alot of peoples don't actually autoflower so I was wondering how many weeks should I wait before force flowering if they don't seem to want to autoflower????

It's probably not worth much, but here's my thinking ....... I have one female auto assassin and one feminized super auto (Nirvana Sky) going right now. They just hit five weeks today, the AA is flowering like crazy, but the NS hasn't shown sex yet. I figure the AA will be ready in about 4 more weeks, and I plan to put the NS under a 14 hour dark cycle to cater to the sativa flowering tendency at that point.

Like I said, I'm not sure that's even a sound plan because this is my very first grow. I did LOTS of studying before-hand, but I may still be completely out in left field. At any rate, we'll see how it goes. :smokeit:

Back