New Grower super auto question

It's probably not worth much, but here's my thinking ....... I have one female auto assassin and one feminized super auto (Nirvana Sky) going right now. They just hit five weeks today, the AA is flowering like crazy, but the NS hasn't shown sex yet. I figure the AA will be ready in about 4 more weeks, and I plan to put the NS under a 14 hour dark cycle to cater to the sativa flowering tendency at that point.

Like I said, I'm not sure that's even a sound plan because this is my very first grow. I did LOTS of studying before-hand, but I may still be completely out in left field. At any rate, we'll see how it goes. :smokeit:

That's the thing about autos though... they take a certain number of days no matter what. Might as well leave them at a long light schedule to soak up all the lumens they can.

.19ckw damn im 6.7 here...6 weeks i would think shouldnt need more...

I think one of the things that's messin' with people on the super autos is that some aren't really auto's. I just ordered auto NL from Nirvana. No sooner had I gotten it ordered that I found out you have to drop to 12/12 to flower it out. I saw a post where "stitch" was wearing some guys out because they were saying you have to do this with all super autos. He contends that his will flower under 24/0 and take 90-100 days from germination to finish out. I also ordered an "auto" from Kannabia Seeds only to find out that, in most cases, you have to drop the light cycle down to 16/8 or less to induce and finish out flowering. Then, there can be an anomaly... a seed from a very stable strain shows up and it's the 1/1000 that doesn't auto. I know it's way more confusing that I need it to be.

uh...oh...sorry. You asked a question. The super auto you have is one of "stitch's". You shouldn't need to alter your light schedule... according to "stitch". :peace:

Personally, if I have an auto that hasn't shown in five weeks, I'm concerned. If I was growing a photo-strain, they would have already been at 12/12 for a week or so.

5 weeks give or take sounds about right for super autos, Il have to look back over my last summer grow to see how long mine took, but I know it was a long time. also stitch tests all his under 24/0 light. if you have to put any of his auto plants under 12/12 to flower I think you might have gotten bumped at the seed vendors rather than stitch putting out bum beans

Back