Sweet Candy vs Competitor

Death The Cultivator

Pondering the Mysteries of High Pressure Aeroponic
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
La Buena Hierba Panama Haze
I've been growing with MC and CMP for 6 months now and while I'm loving the simplicity and the improvements in stem thickness/strength something is missing. I transitioned to MC from Botanicare Pure blend pro bloom and liquid karma so I suspect that the latter is what's missing. My root development seems slower and while my plants are healthy they aren't vigorous and it shows in my cloning taking 2-3 weeks to root.

Is Sweet Candy a viable alternative to Liquid Karma? I use growpito Sim mix in a flood and drain system but I don't run a sterile reservoir.

Is Sweet Candy a viable alternative to Liquid Karma?
Yes it is, however growpito (rockwool based?) systems usually can't fully benefit from carbohydrates/bacteria and large fulvic and kelp molecules. So you may get a partial benefit, but not a full benefit. Soil growers and media growers will notice the full benefit from sweet Candy/Liquid Karma type products.

I suspect your issue might be something else, maybe you can could post some pictures of your concerns?

Yes it is, however growpito (rockwool based?) systems usually can't fully benefit from carbohydrates/bacteria and large fulvic and kelp molecules. So you may get a partial benefit, but not a full benefit. Soil growers and media growers will notice the full benefit from sweet Candy/Liquid Karma type products.

I suspect your issue might be something else, maybe you can could post some pictures of your concerns?

I can't attest to the scope of benefit compared to soil but inspecting the medium I saw plenty of biological activity with my microscope. Old roots and other plant matter break down and appear to be used by new plants but I suspect it is because of the ratio of bio foam that allows microbial colonization.

This picture is clones if several Malawi x Panama phenos in an aero cloner at between 7 -12 days. Only used liquid karma and some beneficials.

IMG_20190510_220251572.jpg

These are several Jack Herer phenos after 4 weeks in the same cloner with mega crop and the same beneficials

IMG_20191001_192829.jpg
IMG_20190930_125839.jpg
IMG_20190929_090429.jpg

I'm fine not possible receiving the full benefits of sweet candy but if it essentially similar or even more rounded out I would prefer it. I believe that the lack of fulvic and humic contributed. I researched rooting hormones as I had never needed them but after attempting close to 100 I think it's due to not having liquid karma.

If SC is comparable to LK I'm sold especially since I would get more for less with SC and it seemed optimized to work with MC.

Back