Temperature and Humidity

I start my seedlings in an insulated box on a seedling heat pad, with the light mounted outside the box. I shines through a transparent lid that I can adjust the closure on to get the RH that I want inside the box. Once they have a set or two of leaves, they go into my 'drobe. RH in there is never higher than about 50% during my winter grows, and more often around 40%. Once seedlings are established, they do not seem to mind. Higher humidity during flower is a lot bigger problem, so I like the lower humidity that I deal with in my winter grow.

Good luck with it. :pighug:

Input: hanging a wet towel (s) really helped me to higher humidity. Had a rutin to change it every morning. Totaly new at this. But worked for me.
My tent is in the laundry room. Would I hang the towel inside the tent or in the room?

The best way to stabilize your tent is to adjust the room its pulling air from. Try closing off that room except the ventilation and run a larger humidifier outside the tent, one that works on at least the square footage of the room. Get the room close to the desired range. My basement is my lung room. Temps in the basement are in the upper 60s usually between 67 and 70, and the rh of the room is in the mid 40s right now. Temps inside the tent are 70-75°f lights on and the rh is usually the same as the room outside mid 40s. If I want it higher I lower the extraction fans speed allowing the plants to transpire and raise the humidity in the tent to a reasonable level, if I struggle in the seedling stage I make a make shift humidity dome and mist the inside of it once every couple days. Otherwise I dont worry about humidity too much if the lung room is decent

After seedling stage its ok if the humidity is in the 50% range as long as temps ate in the low 70s, should provide a decent vpd

My tent is in the laundry room. Would I hang the towel inside the tent or in the room?
Inside!
Inside! And I had a dry towel or bucket on the floor so the water didn't splash on the plants.
Not the most sophisticated way; but worked for me.

So the exhaust fan should not run all the time?
It can but doesnt have to, a lot of people run it on an inkbird controller so it only kicks in when desired ranges get exceeded.

Inside!
Inside! And I had a dry towel or bucket on the floor so the water didn't splash on the plants.
Not the most sophisticated way; but worked for me.
Ive seen people put wet sponges on wooden dowels amd stake them right in the pots to raise humidity before

Back