Live Stoners The AFN War Cabinet: Proactive Tips Tricks and Individual Journeys:

Mossy: Spain: Lock down Week 1:

Mossy

Daenerys Targaryen
Staff member
AFN Admin
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dragon
Lock Down Journey: Week 1: Spain.

I was in self isolation..showing all Corona Virus symptoms Except the fever temps...:cold:..Fingers Crossed it stays that way...:pass:

Last Friday morning hubby went shopping.... :pass:..pre any lock down announcements...but word must have been out coz the supermarket was Manic.

The place was full to busting... hubby had a List...but there was no big bottled water..toilet rolls...fresh meat or frozen meat. :nono:

First Clue huh..?...still unaware hubby went on his usual Friday drinkee session with his friend in the village.
He came home and said...you won't believe it..most of the village was shut....apparently from midnight tonight all the pubs/cafes/restaurants are closing..all non essential shops will close and travel will be restricted....:yoinks:..I'm like Wow.....that is Scarey.....I've Never seen that happen before.

I said wow...did you get me tobacco.........and he said no it was shut.........:yoinks:..
Normally I would have said oh well...leave it until the morning...but if all non essential shops were closed at midnight..would that affect tobacconists...?
(they will remain open..)

We didn't know...so hubby was on a mad dash to find a tobacconist who was open...and who had stock..the first only had a couple of packets.

So we settled in for the weekend...hunkered down..coz you know when new strange laws come in it takes a bit time to bed in.

On Sunday there was a new Edict issued.
Only 1 person per household is allowed out of the house at a time...even to walk the dog.
(sounds like the measure Wu Han took..)
All non essential travel was cancelled.
You could travel to and from work..
For groceries..
For hospital/chemists.
Any car with more than 1 person in will be stopped.
Any people over 70 must self isolate for 4 MONTHS...

OMG...hubby in the house for 4 months..no reprieve of the daily pub visit or golf...for MONTHS....Shoot me Now.....:shooty:

:crying::crying::crying:

So we missed going out on Monday..to avoid the chaos...
We had no fresh meat..but we could have lived on tinned corned beef..

On Tuesday hubby had to go to the chemists for his prescription..he said he would check the super market.

Big bottles of water..fresh meat..toilet rolls all available.

Hubby went to the local farm shop for supplies..no problem.

Yesterday we got a phone call from hubbys friend..he had been coming to town for a prescription and Thought he would call over for a coffee...:yoinks: STAY AWAY..
But...the police had the main roundabout into town road blocked..they were stopping Every car coming in...checking why they were travelling...and threatening them with a fine of 15000 euros and Jail Time if they were on anything but essential journeys.

So here we are..just over a week in....hubby has turned from an every day boozer to tea total...:coffee: ...he doesn't drink in the house..
to him it is a total social thing.
He has coped Valiantly...:pass:..up to now.
He has a definite case of Cabin Fever...he is a social animal.

Me..I'm anti-social..my friends are on AFN..self isolation is a Doddle...:pass:..as long as I have my Meds and food..hey..What is different...

I know some people are getting mad and some people are getting panicked about this..but seeing what is going on...I Feel Safer being on lock down...

I don't see it as an infringement of my personal liberties..I see it as the government taking radical steps to Protect me.

As soon as I saw the 4 month quarantine figures and the % of the population the virus is expected to hit..between 40-60% my head said fresh food shortages.

I grabbed the compost I was promised for my xmas present for my raised beds..hunted out the seed I had..and I will be sowing.

4 months is long enough to grow most crops..even faster if you grow micro veg/seedlings...so..today I'll start germinating..
start as much as I can..any over production will be shared..:pass:

After the flood..all our chickens drowned...we were going to buy another 6..for ourselves.
Now.we have gone with 15...again...over production will be shared.

I'll also be germing canna..who knows..we could find ourselves short of prescription meds..:shrug:..alternatives could be vital...
and if I'm wrong...I'll be Stoned as an Old Hippys Cat all Autumn on the stash...Win win from my point of view...:crying:

Prepping for the Worst..hoping for the Best...:pass:

This is My War effort...:shooty:..what You doing...?

Dichoti: USA?: Lock down week1:
Dichotis First Update:
Copied from Live Stoners:

Here where I am, We have 0 confirmed cases. Two cases to the north of us, One to the East.
This area has a median household age of 38, And very few can afford to travel.
They’ve shut down bars, tattoo parlors, and other places that people would be within 6 feet of each other.

@Mossy One thing I’ve read online in quite a few credible places, Is that your blood type determines your risk and severity of covid-19.
Type A group- You’re fucked.
Type B group- ehhhhh...it can go either way.
Type O group- You’re cool. Just wash your hands and avoid groups of people for a month, just in case.

...I’m in the type o group, and in the age range with the 99.8% survivability rate...and, despite being a musician, I am anti-social.

Last edited by a moderator:
HASHMASTER: USA: Lock down Week 1:
HASHMASTERS First Update:
Copied from Live Stoners:

My war effort is doing research and doing BlackStone hash & oil and of course supplying my CBD clients with their proper meds at no cost.

Everything is available here but most stores have a 2 limit rationing system which makes no sense... if someone needs 20 loafs of bread you just by 2 each of 10 different brands... no problem.

Our shortage was due to the massive online buying direct from warehouses which caused a short supply chain interuption for brick and mortar stores as there was nothing available to restock for a few days

Many are now offering contactless delivery for anything from a hot pizza to beer to groceries... or all of the above delivered to your door. That is new. Not the delivery, but contactless delivery.

Lots of good things to be seen here as well..... we have many companies giving away goods and services across the spectrum without being asked.

Somebody should start a thread about the good we see happening in this mess, it would be interesting to hear and see.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but some models are now suggesting it could possibly take up to 18 months of confinement for us "at risk vulnerable" folks.

Don't forget sun exposure for a boost of D, as I'm sure you know cabin fever can get tricky without that.

Here: No major interior travel restrictions...yet.... and no mandatory rationing and I dont expect any mandatory, just store policy level.

Taverns and restaurants are closed for on site consumption but carry out is fine.

Drive up windows for food are for the most part all open as well.

And gasoline now costs about $1.80 per gallon here and has hit as low as 99 cents a gallon in a few areas... you go by liter of petrol if I remember right so that would be roughly 0.25 cents (25 pennies) per liter.

And we have one company that just announced they are 2 weeks away from submitting a cure (not a vaccine, a cure) to the military for human trials. That may seem strange but the military has a lot of flexibility to speed up human trials.

One can only hope on that one.

The blood group thing is also showing up here and looks to be almost to the point of accepted

Peace
Hash

Last edited by a moderator:
My prepping started about two weeks ago. I bought 600 in grocery and supplies. Staying in as much as possible, also checked on my parents to make sure they had all they needed to stay put.

Next up I'm going to drop some seed for meds and food. Still need some more ammo and tobacco but should be good for a month. Wishing I had enough to go and get a 4 month supply of essentials. But if worst case I'll go hunt out back.

May seem like a joke to some but I come from bad genetics and most of my family would be wiped out by this. I really hope people start to take it more serious so I don't have to bury my family or vice versa. Same for everyone else, I'm staying home to save your parents and grandparents please do the same for mine.

On a brighter note, anyone can grow as much as they want right now. Ain't nobody coming in to check. I will be doing another mega run starting real soon.

Lock Down Journey: Week 1: Spain.

I was in self isolation..showing all Corona Virus symptoms Except the fever temps...:cold:..Fingers Crossed it stays that way...:pass:

Last Friday morning hubby went shopping.... :pass:..pre any lock down announcements...but word must have been out coz the supermarket was Manic.

The place was full to busting... hubby had a List...but there was no big bottled water..toilet rolls...fresh meat or frozen meat. :nono:

First Clue huh..?...still unaware hubby went on his usual Friday drinkee session with his friend in the village.
He came home and said...you won't believe it..most of the village was shut....apparently from midnight tonight all the pubs/cafes/restaurants are closing..all non essential shops will close and travel will be restricted....:yoinks:..I'm like Wow.....that is Scarey.....I've Never seen that happen before.

I said wow...did you get me tobacco.........and he said no it was shut.........:yoinks:..
Normally I would have said oh well...leave it until the morning...but if all non essential shops were closed at midnight..would that affect tobacconists...?
(they will remain open..)

We didn't know...so hubby was on a mad dash to find a tobacconist who was open...and who had stock..the first only had a couple of packets.

So we settled in for the weekend...hunkered down..coz you know when new strange laws come in it takes a bit time to bed in.

On Sunday there was a new Edict issued.
Only 1 person per household is allowed out of the house at a time...even to walk the dog.
(sounds like the measure Wu Han took..)
All non essential travel was cancelled.
You could travel to and from work..
For groceries..
For hospital/chemists.
Any car with more than 1 person in will be stopped.
Any people over 70 must self isolate for 4 MONTHS...

OMG...hubby in the house for 4 months..no reprieve of the daily pub visit or golf...for MONTHS....Shoot me Now.....:shooty:

:crying::crying::crying:

So we missed going out on Monday..to avoid the chaos...
We had no fresh meat..but we could have lived on tinned corned beef..

On Tuesday hubby had to go to the chemists for his prescription..he said he would check the super market.

Big bottles of water..fresh meat..toilet rolls all available.

Hubby went to the local farm shop for supplies..no problem.

Yesterday we got a phone call from hubbys friend..he had been coming to town for a prescription and Thought he would call over for a coffee...:yoinks: STAY AWAY..
But...the police had the main roundabout into town road blocked..they were stopping Every car coming in...checking why they were travelling...and threatening them with a fine of 15000 euros and Jail Time if they were on anything but essential journeys.

So here we are..just over a week in....hubby has turned from an every day boozer to tea total...:coffee: ...he doesn't drink in the house..
to him it is a total social thing.
He has coped Valiantly...:pass:..up to now.
He has a definite case of Cabin Fever...he is a social animal.

Me..I'm anti-social..my friends are on AFN..self isolation is a Doddle...:pass:..as long as I have my Meds and food..hey..What is different...

I know some people are getting mad and some people are getting panicked about this..but seeing what is going on...I Feel Safer being on lock down...

I don't see it as an infringement of my personal liberties..I see it as the government taking radical steps to Protect me.

As soon as I saw the 4 month quarantine figures and the % of the population the virus is expected to hit..between 40-60% my head said fresh food shortages.

I grabbed the compost I was promised for my xmas present for my raised beds..hunted out the seed I had..and I will be sowing.

4 months is long enough to grow most crops..even faster if you grow micro veg/seedlings...so..today I'll start germinating..
start as much as I can..any over production will be shared..:pass:

After the flood..all our chickens drowned...we were going to buy another 6..for ourselves.
Now.we have gone with 15...again...over production will be shared.

I'll also be germing canna..who knows..we could find ourselves short of prescription meds..:shrug:..alternatives could be vital...
and if I'm wrong...I'll be Stoned as an Old Hippys Cat all Autumn on the stash...Win win from my point of view...:crying:

Prepping for the Worst..hoping for the Best...:pass:

This is My War effort...:shooty:..what You doing...?
I have decided to stay in....even more than usual and spare the people in a few miles radius, from my general insanity.......this may not seem like much.......to the people involved.......this is a blessing!:pass:

PS: occasionally I try to post to help clarify things that I can but I never ever offer medical advice to anyone.... well except face to face with my CBD clients and then generally only pertaining to CBD...

But since this one is a common suppliment... I will on this...

Zinc

Get some zinc supplements or vitamins and up your zinc intake

*** DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU ARE ON ANY BLOOD THINNERS UNLESS YOUR DOCTOR APPROVES FIRST ***

I am not going to type a book explaining why but I have been digging through a lot of studies and passing along what I find for review by someone who has forgotten more about medicine than I ever retained in total, my sister.

At worst you upped your zinc

At the very best you "may" help stave it off to some extent from the start or possibly reduce duration if already contracted.

Right now the reduction seems a logical and repeatable possibility with some data to back that up. But it is preliminary data at this point.

I will get into this more im sure as more data becomes available to me.

AGAIN, DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU TAKE BLOOD THINNERS

Last edited:
Its 8 am and I haven't been to bed yet... but this just came out so....

One last PS: The FDA just announced they have approved a home corona test kit.

They fast tracked it as everyone who doesn't know any better is bitching they can't get a test when they want it (they can if a Doctor decides they need one first)

This is not good for 2 reasons...

1) if not done properly (and it won't be due the the depth and duration of the swabbing required) they will get false negatives.

2) if done too early or not in the proper window for accurate early testing they will get false negatives.

This will lead to infected people thinking they are fine and they will spread it even more.

False negatives always lead to latter random hot spots popping up... something South Korea is just now experiencing.

Smaller populations with smaller land mass like South Korea can deal with random hotspots... but it won't fly here with 400 million people and the wide open spaces and freedom to travel that we have. Especially since we are no where near the peak on the upside of the slope.

After the curve is flattened and starting on the downward slope should be the earliest they should have folded to the "I want it and I want it now" crowd IMHO.

Oh well.... it is what it is....

Last edited:
No reported cases here yet, but folks are stockpiling food as some shelves are empty, especially paper goods which seems weird as most don’t have indoor plumbing yet, back in the woods!

Back