The Cold Conditions Thread

N

norwegian

The C O L D thread ! :jump: :D :jump:

Ok. cannot wait any more..

Unite people!
Danes, Norwegians, Finns, Swedes, Estonians,
Alaskans - North Russians, Tibetans?! -All, as long as it´s C O L D !

Let´s together work out/breed the ultimate strain for the
sometimes extreme outside conditions we are living in.

Now, i have to point out that this is NOT my idea:

I was soo happy when i saw this from Wiz :
Hi! - Page 3

Quote Wiz:
"BOM…Arctic sun and I have been talking about a Cold Project specially to be of interest/use to the growers from the cold/hard outdoor climates.

We are gonna take some genetics and Tailor make/Acclimatise Specific to your conditions for Max hardiness/yield.

Haven't had time to talk it all through with him yet..
But..
what would be your thoughts on something like that.....Interesting..or not…?"

Well, i was thinking of this tread as a start
of something… BIG! Cannot wait!
My contribution so far will be my
Diesel Ryder Sat. Phen. project.. The F2´s are half
finished already!

Diesel Ryder Sativa pheno & S60 Grow !! :drool:

My opinion is that for an Auto-hybrid to make it in our
conditions, it has to be 100% mold- ressitant, and quick
as hell! Then of course the more obvious follows:
Potency,smell & all that stuff..

Input people, Bom&Arctic, C´mon!

Good vibes & fyr en fet , cold ones!! :ama: :dance: :ama:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good vibes & fyr en fet , cold ones!!
emoticon-char-017.gif

Damn norwegian..
I Think you just developed your own norwegian Wiggle there.....

You must be catching the AFN Vibe....:clap:

"BOM…Arctic sun and I have been talking about a Cold Project specially to be of interest/use to the growers from the cold/hard outdoor climates.

We are gonna take some genetics and Tailor make/Acclimatise Specific to your conditions for Max hardiness/yield.

Haven't had time to talk it all through with him yet..
But..
what would be your thoughts on something like that.....Interesting..or not…?"

Ha ha...Arctic Sun was saying to make threads Language specific means a lot of threads with probably a few people in each..
But..
IF we make it a Cold Conditions thread..it is a lot more Inclusive..
(I Love his Thinking..:thumbs:....)

Arctic Suns Dream is to get them so Hardy we can break the Record for how far North we can get them to Produce...Outdoor

I Think that is a Bloody Marvelous Dream.

And on the way..we will hopefully teach everyone How To acclimatise.

Customised AF's for Everyone..are my Dream too...:D

Acclimatising them to be Ultra Hardy will also bring the possibilities of more Off-season grows for the people in more temperate climes too...
so it is of Interest to Everyone.

Good Luck with Our Dream norwegian...:smokeit:

"Acclimatising them to be Ultra Hardy will also bring the possibilities of more Off-season grows for the people in more temperate climes too...
so it is of Interest to Everyone."

Very good point M8!

"Customised AF's for Everyone" Oh yeah! Do-able!!

"Ha ha...Arctic Sun was saying to make threads Language specific means a lot of threads with probably a few people in each..
But..
IF we make it a Cold Conditions thread..it is a lot more Inclusive..
(I Love his Thinking......) "

Deff. the best solution, including people! :thumbs:

I will be adding some stuff to this thread as the summer goes on.

More often than not i get single digit highs in the night and 20 some things 'C in the day. The night temps stunt allot of stuff i have tried. Even fast outdoors from BC just don't finish in time for me. The valley heat they get out there really benefits their grow season. What a difference 2 hours drive east or west makes in climate.

Last year i tried snowryder, Mi5, mossy's JEM, and ICU#2. Icu finished in no time, they just went super purple to deal with the temps. The jems did ok, but the green ones were stunted a bit near oct.

This summer i am running only ICU and JEM's They got some serious work done when the weather wasn't pouring on them.

This year i am starting them in a hoop hut int he bush.. And i am going to higher ground. It sounds like we're getting a similar summer to last year.

If we get a similar summer to last year... by my loation... I'll be a happy happy man!
I love this thread! I've been dreaming of little green house huts dug into the snow with a little black barrel of water o catch the sun / regulate the heat... I know on a small scale hat it probably wouldn't work... but it defintely has me in your corner... lets do it! After watching mossys's stuff in his cabinet and out in the cold... I think this project is totally do-able!

Anything I can contribute, let me know! I'm game!

"Customised AF's for Everyone" Oh yeah! Do-able!!
Yup...I Just Love my AF's.....Customised.....:dance2:

After watching mossys's stuff in his cabinet and out in the cold... I think this project is totally do-able!
Me Too...
I lose weight in the winter...But..Hell..
they shouldn't even be Growing in Minus 2 degrees C..and less than 10 hours natural light..
so Everything I harvest is a Bonus.

Plus with what we have learned about the amended water etc..we have chances to Bump the harvests up.

it has to be 100% mold- ressitant, and quick
as hell!
FERTS in cold conditions lead to Mold in AF's..when their transpiration rate is down..
don't fert.

And Either Quick/fast maturing..OR..big yielders that will use the full season time you have..120 days..
and Finish.

I've been dreaming of little green house huts dug into the snow
I was thinking the snow would actually act like mylar and increase the lumens enormously..
AND..most snow is just about Perfect PH..
so it has a lot going for it.

This summer i am running only ICU and JEM's They got some serious work done when the weather wasn't pouring on them.
I Think that if you can get them up to sex under lights..they will take just about everything that nature throws at them..
But..
your hurricanes might still prove a bit Tough....:thumbs:

I was thinking the snow would actually act like mylar and increase the lumens enormously..
AND..most snow is just about Perfect PH..
so it has a lot going for it.

yeah, next year I should have the budget to test this.... might even start some earlies in the nd of march wehn its a little warmer overnights... righ now we can still get negative temps overnight... so it would require a shitload of insulation or a very large cylinder of water per "hut"

tomatoes are started early here in something called "Wall o water"... basically take a tomato cage... put a plastic bag over it upside down with the top turned down "inverted"... fille the top with water... plants are protected... water has a specific heat of 1... very high retention... the next best thing is southern yellow pine at .7

:)

Wonderful! Its do-able! :thumbs:

Quote Wiz:
"And Either Quick/fast maturing..OR..big yielders that will use the full season time you have..120 days..
and Finish."

I got 90 days, if i´m lucky... 57 North.. :D

Wiz:
"But..
your hurricanes might still prove a bit Tough...."

Every fifth year or something... ! :toke:

"supercloning" might help handle the hurricanes better... in fact I wonder if you did many generations of a certain strain and always "supercloned" (i mean slight pinch back of tips) if that would eventually "acclimitize" it to having heftier stems?
120 days seems doable... thats wha a lot of the super auto sativa strains are supposed to be (i.e. Super Cali Haze)

120 days to 1/4 to half pound is killer... especially in the sativa arena! and from what i understand it allows time for cloning as well... definetly a benefit!

I have a concept in mind for "acclimitizing" strains with very precise temperature controls... so you could slowly over time force temps lower and lower.... find the breaking point of particular strains as well as acclimitize strains to colder climates... could even eventually turn down the light hours as well for extreme northern / southern hemispheres... :)
thoughts? ideas? lets keep this thread rollin!

Back