Sweet Seeds The Devil Cream experiment

Boradan

We don't need no stinking Badges!
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dinafem Critical+ 2.0, Seedstockers BCN Critical XXL
Thanks to @Sweet Promotion I received a nice pack of Devil Cream Auto's in the mail a few days ago.
Since I am 2 months into a grow, and rapidly running out of room, I decided to jump out of my wheelhouse and try something completely different.

Soil confuses the hell out of me - all of my grows have been in DWC.
I decided to grow in soil this time.
Size matters to me - I like to aim for large plants with maximum yield.
I decided to grow in a 750ml pot this time.
I have no frickin idea what I am doing, or going to do, so without further ado, here is where we are at:

full

In order of importance:
Devil Cream seeds.
Worm Castings.
A pot that used to have parsley in it.
A 1 litre Greek (style) yoghurt pot.
A hangar.

I dropped a Devil Cream seed into a Root!t sponge along with some Rooting Gel and some Great White powder.
3 days later, we get this:
full

That is a pretty excellent start for this young lady, so let's see what we can do to ruin her life...
First step is to put her into the 750ml pot.
I removed the dried out soil and roots that were in the pot - this pot has sit on a window ledge for over a year after the basil or parsley that was initially in there died. It is dry as hell and full of roots.
So I mixed it with about 30-40% Earthworm Castings, threw in some more great white and dampened it off with a few hundred ml of the Beneficials tea that I make for my DWC.
Once all was done, we ended up with:
full

Since I have bugger all room in my tent, her pot was dropped into the 1 litre yoghurt pot (some hydroton pebbles in the bottom to keep the top of the pot level with the top of the yoghurt pot) and this was hung into position:
full

Here is a bit more context:
full

The COBs are at 80 Watts currently, so I am going to have to juggle a bit so that she doesn't get a load of light burn.

Subbed up. I got their Devil Cream as a win in their Feb Photo Contest. Haven't had space yet to grow any, so I'll be watching yours with interest ----- and love the strategy of the hanging garden :greencheck: The possibilities are endless ...
diy-living-wall-7-simple-ways-to-create-a-living-wall-diy-living-wall-herb-garden.jpg

Day 8 Update

Mistake number 1: Planting the seed directly under the hanging point when you only have 4" of space there...
Fix number 1: Start some early LST to give more room:
2019-06-28 17.17.27.jpg

Day 14 UPDATE:
Fix Number 2: Go for more extreme training and mainline all the way :naughtystep:
2019-07-04 17.30.18.jpg

Topped after the second node, and then the first node lopped off too.
2019-07-04 21.24.36.jpg

2019-07-04 21.25.03.jpg

Oooh :D Devil Cream! Nice! ... And it's in a hanging basket!!! ^_^

I'm subbed for some sweet growing action! :d5:
:pop:

DAY 24 UPDATE

I sort of almost forgot about this lady.
I think she has been watered 3 times since I planted her with my beneficials tea. Nothing else.
The leaves are giving me mixed messages - the bottom leaves are crying 'FEED ME SEYMOUR, FED ME NOW!!!'. The top leaves are telling me 'FOOD?? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING FOOD!!'
So I have fed her. Audrey II is much scarier...
She got fed with 100ml of pH'ed, Aerated water dosed with Megacrop at a whopping 0.26g per litre, and some CalMag pro at about 0.1g per litre.
Hopefully the leaves will shut up now as it's getting hard to sleep with the racket going on.
full

full

full

full

As you can see, she is also starting to throw out some hints of purple along with a few pistils, so all is surprisingly good.

Back