Extraction Thermal Cycling Low Heat Glycerin Tincture Method

DubV

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
First off, you will need a fondue pot, small mason jar, wooden spoon, candy thermometer, canola oil, and some glycerin of course. This method works on the principle of thermal cycling to scrub off the resins into the glycerin. It also is a low heat method as well so there is no degradation of the product used. Also there isn't exact measurements for this method when it comes to bud but I usually do 7 grams at a time and that gives me between 3 to 4 oz of final product. Ok lets get started..

1. Pour canola oil into fondue pot about an 3/8 of inch deep and set temperature setting to 225 degrees
2. Prepare bud by using scissors to cut into small popcorn sizes. Do not grind! This will put too much small particulate into the final product..
3. Place bud on parchment paper and put in oven at 250 degrees for 28 minutes to decarb. Since we are using low heat, this is a must!
4. Remove bud from oven and pour bud into a small mason jar
5. Pour glycerin onto the bud and stir until fully coated. Then put in an inch more of glycerin to cover
6. Place candy thermometer into the glycerin and place jar in fondue pot
7. Stir the glycerin with a wooden spoon often while waiting for the mixture to reach 180 degrees (melting pot of resins in cannabis)
8. Once at 180 degrees, adjust fondue pot temp so it stays there and set a timer for 30 minutes, stirring several times during the 30 minutes
9. After 30 minutes remove the jar from the fondue pot and let the glycerin mixture come back to room temperature
10. Once at room temperature, put back into hot oil and allow to get to 180 degrees again, stirring occasionally
11. Once at 180 degrees, stir vigorously and remove from oil and allow to return to room temperature
12. Repeat step 10 & 11 5 more times. This is the thermal cycling process
13. After the 7th cycle, remove and strain through cheesecloth into final container

I store in amber glass dropper bottles for up to six months in a dry dark cabinet. However, most tinc doesn't last that long in our household. The final product is possibly the best tasting canna tinc, next to the cold method, which I will post at a later date. Now a tip.. You can rerun to add potency into the glycerin if you like. Just make sure to add a bit more fresh glycerin to help scrub off the resin. I have a batch of sage n sour I just cooked twice with 7 grams of fresh bud each time and it hits me in less than 10 minutes with a dropper under the tongue.. Enjoy my friends :grin:

I thought this was about making E cig fluid.. Add some mono propylene glycol and throw it in your vape

I thought this was about making E cig fluid.. Add some mono propylene glycol and throw it in your vape

Why lose an 8 hour buzz for a two hour buzz bro :dunno: I use glycerin to keep my tolerance from building up from smoking. I take one dropper and I will only smoke one or two bong hits all day. If I don't smoke at all, I can hold a functioning buzz for 8+ hours depending on the strain I used to make it. Just made 4 ounces yesterday that was a combo of blue dream, sage n sour, ice cool, and psicodelicia. Testing it now and its very psychoactive :RU Stoned..?: Plus the taste is pure canna honey. No bad taste from using too much heat :Sharing One:

Why lose an 8 hour buzz for a two hour buzz bro

Because all the cool kids are vaping! E cigs are the new hookah... don't you wanna be a sheep? lmao

Oh you dont know me well bro :pass: I follow my own frequency young jedi :Ohmmm.......:

Last edited:
Hey dub. :Sharing One:
When you put your popcorn sized bud into the oven, you didn't mention covering with tin foil. To cover or to not cover?

If I may be so bold, please explain to me if I "must" get some Canola Oil -not a problem- or will something else work, like olive oil or walnut oil or flax seed oil... or water even?

To help me plan: You "cook" the buds/glycerin mixture a total of six times, correct? So for the amount described here and allowing for each cool down time, your needing about (at least?) 6 hrs from buds in the oven to honey under the tongue, right?
Thanks my brother! :Sharing One:

Good questions brother :coffee2: I do not cover the buds. I simply put parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Any oil will work. Just canola is the cheapest and I simply pour the oil back in a glass bottle and reuse every time. Water wont work because it doesn't hold a temperature consistently. It will fluctuate too much. Also you want to cycle the mixture 7 time's. Now a tip to help it cool faster is to take out and put on cookie sheet to allow air flow around the jar. Depending on the temperature in your house it will take about 45 minutes to cycle up and then down. You do not need to let it cool down past 90 degrees either. So based on that time schedule. It usually takes about 10-12 hours per batch but well worth it my friend. Also another little tip is to put a little keif in as well to kick the potency if you like :check: Hope that helps my brother. Much love :Sharing One:

Great, my brother. Thanks! :Sharing One:
Now I just need to figure out which day's gonna be best this week. :dance2:
Need to find something good for wifey cuz she says the green taste in her coconut oil coffee is ... disturbing.
:dunno: WTF? :rofl: I like it! I haven't partaken orally in such a long time. It's like The Good Old Days again! LOL
Maybe this will be more to her liking. :d5:

Back