Tried out my hand on some LST.

Thanks man! Yeah she got pretty tall, I'm getting a new light soon to maybe help with that stretch. Honestly the other one that kinked itself when I used the clips got really strong too! So I might try supercropping from here on out just for that extra boost. I've just always heard it was bad for autos. Maybe I just got good genetics? It's P.P.D from Humboldt Seed Company. It's their Bx8 so it's pretty stable. That's why I chose it because I'm on a second floor apartment and my temps are at the mercy of my downstairs neighbor until I get a better set up. Lol
Super cropping is a high stress training method that i dont have experience with. I dont use it only that one time and that was unintentional. Lol i top at 4th node on faster strains and 6th node on longer strains and then just LST as it grows. Its working out for me good so far.

Equal and opposite tension, keep the bend 80° or less to avoid breakage and when the tip turns back up to the light, move your tie down out to pull it back down. Rinse and repeat throughout grow. I separate and tie down the nodes around the pot to achieve the anatomy you see in the last pic. Through trial and error, this is the lst method that works for me with my autos.
Good luck and happy bending.
Hey, I noticed in your first picture you removed the bottom 2-3 nodes and fan leaves. How beneficial is it and when would it be too late? I'm on week 5 from sprout and those bottoms even after LST aren't looking like they'll be much.

Back