twenty20 Twenty20 Mendocino Ogreberry F4 Grow&Show

Thank you for all the great input folks. We had a few pluck and play herms in our Indoor test plants but our outdoor came back 0% out of 40+ plants. The pluck and play plants didn't resurface. We definitely narrowed it down to a few phenos that were worse than others and we destroyed the seeds from those plants. Thank you to everyone for the input and grows! I'm always so impressed with the afn community, we couldn't do this without you all. We're planning on getting another g&s going soon with some of our new proven hash producers as well as another terp bomb related to the ogreberry we call Devil Fruit. I cordially invite you all to join on the next one! Cheers
Sounds amazing, I'm definitely in :jointman:

Thank you for all the great input folks. We had a few pluck and play herms in our Indoor test plants but our outdoor came back 0% out of 40+ plants. The pluck and play plants didn't resurface. We definitely narrowed it down to a few phenos that were worse than others and we destroyed the seeds from those plants. Thank you to everyone for the input and grows! I'm always so impressed with the afn community, we couldn't do this without you all. We're planning on getting another g&s going soon with some of our new proven hash producers as well as another terp bomb related to the ogreberry we call Devil Fruit. I cordially invite you all to join on the next one! Cheers
Count me in! :d5:

I've been off this thread and AFN for a while because of things some of you know. I started a grow in a teeny little closet in an RV, which included two BourbonBerry plants, and they're currently on day 74. I honestly thought this was a freeby for testing (I think) Banalope. I didn't know it was actually being tested, so apologies.

Tomorrow I'll post some pics and its status and will start logging that grow in this thread.

As it stands, both plants are the healthiest in the closet. They're doing quite well, and I expect to be able to harvest around Christmas Eve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Correction: I have only one BourbonBerry, but it's heading towards harvest. It's sitting under two Optic II Gen IV lights in a tiny little closet in an RV (pictures below). Because the closet is short, plants taller than this one were experiencing significant light damage. So the cobs are running at 50% and I keep the bloom boosters at 25% and bump them up to 50% at night for heat.

I have a heater that turns on when the temperature drops below 70 and have had them on 21/3 light schedule to give them at least some downtime while minimizing low temps at night as much as possible. Temperatures still drop to the 50s on cold nights. Last night the temperature dropped to 49 so I definitely need to improve nighttime temps.

I'm growing her in Happy Frog and topdressing every 10 days or so with Happy Frog Fruit and Flower and have added Rootwise a few times.

Here she is - I was thinking she wouldn't be ready until Christmas Eve, but she might be ready as soon as next weekend. Today is day 75.

1000000155.jpg

1000000156.jpg

1000000150.jpg

1000000152.jpg

Edit: This has been a relatively stressful grow because I had things to dial in. But no bananas or intersex traits of any kind. I was hoping she would herm enough to give me a few seeds (I'm weird that way) but she's definitely binary.

Finally, the only training I have done is some light defoliation over time to keep the lowers illuminated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Harvest
Day 75, and it's harvest day! She's rock solid, with girthy buds. She absolutely loved the ParfactWorks ZE250, and my natural daylight simulation schedule!

This girl presents with a powdered sugar type aroma, on top of the Grape Soda. She smells heavenly, but it's a matter of time until she'll put her unwashed socks on.. :haha:

Screenshot_20221218-092640.png

Screenshot_20221218-094051.png

Screenshot_20221218-093953.png

Screenshot_20221218-093811.png

Screenshot_20221218-145343.png

Screenshot_20221218-094507.png

Thanks again to @Twenty20 Adam for allowing me to test this stellar cultivar!

:pass:
:peace:

Last edited:
They were a pleasure to grow and I'm still enjoying the smoke. And it get's better as time passes curing in it's jar, I tells ya!!
Out of all three seedlings I grew out, none showed any signs of herming and they did get into some stressful situations, enduring temperatures far surpassing 40°C / 104°F. They did have a super dry environment inside the greenhouse this year, but still...Hot, hot, hot... All three grew out to be beautiful ladies full with bud, so yes count me in next G&S, I would be honored :cheers: :toke:

DAY88
2x4 tent

All the girls are into fade. Ogre Berry is being a show off with her fade. Ogre Berry trichs are maturing a bit odd. Trichs on leaves are maturing sooner, naturally, but it seems at a higher rate. Mostly cloudy with limited clears on buds. She'll get chopped this week. More than likely, paper bags for her. She JUST beginning to slow her water uptake.

Ogre Berry in the middle!
100_0589.JPG
100_0590.JPG
100_0592.JPG
100_0597.JPG
100_0598.JPG
100_0600.JPG

Attachments

• 100_0599 (2).JPG
    100_0599 (2).JPG
    992.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Put me in the game coach? I'm down to test those out....

Back