Two Tents in a Room

Reaction score
Hello everybody! Hi Dr. Nick!

I am finishing up my room and looking for input on setup. I am running photo's and autos in the same room and was planning on only having 1 tent for autos and veg or photo's during flower. The "outside" (yep, air quotes) would have the inverse of the tent.

My question to those that have experience and/or an opinion: Would two tents be better? The room is appx 7.5' x 7.5' (2.25m x 2.25m for my metric friends). The room is my work from home office so I need a little bit of space for a standing desk.

I had thought of building a grow box and having the top be around 1. 25m in height and have my CPU on top. I dont want to build anything for a bit after this room project though.

Thought? Opinions? Have a good joke? Please share! I'll start off with a cheesy one.

Knock knock
Who's there?
Donna
Donna who?
Donnananana Batman

I'd say figure out how many of each plant type you want to run and design from there. Currently running 2 x 4 (5 photos, 1's a runt) in flower and I might need to clip a few branches and a not quite 2 x 4 closet ( clone &veg). Let's just say it's very crowded until I can get most clones hardened and into friends hands.

Given that the cost of a tent is a relatively small part of the grow cost picture, I would go with two 2x4's put facing each other at one end of the room, desk beside the end of one, entrance door beside the other. Or the door could be in the end between the tents if it is central, etc. Bottom line is that 2 2x4's will fit nicely in there with a ~3 foot corridor between them, and can be oriented to leave room for a desk and entrance. You may have to lose a window though, depends on the layout.

I would go with two tents because it will give you more options for controlling climate, smell, and light leaks. Doing the second part of the grow in the open room could make controlling humidity and temperature more tricky, and smell control, at least at your desk if not elsewhere, difficult.

Good luck with your setup decision and your grows. :pighug:

Given that the cost of a tent is a relatively small part of the grow cost picture, I would go with two 2x4's put facing each other at one end of the room, desk beside the end of one, entrance door beside the other. Or the door could be in the end between the tents if it is central, etc. Bottom line is that 2 2x4's will fit nicely in there with a ~3 foot corridor between them, and can be oriented to leave room for a desk and entrance. You may have to lose a window though, depends on the layout.

I would go with two tents because it will give you more options for controlling climate, smell, and light leaks. Doing the second part of the grow in the open room could make controlling humidity and temperature more tricky, and smell control, at least at your desk if not elsewhere, difficult.

Good luck with your setup decision and your grows. :pighug:
That is exactly what I was thinking! I would prefer not working in 27C temp and 60% humidity but would do it for the cause. The local garden supply center only has 1 2x4 gorilla tent. Plenty of 3x3 and 4x4 in stock... might pull the trigger on a 3x3. Ordered the 1 2x4, thinking about snagging a 3x3. They said a month or so before they would get any more stock.

That is exactly what I was thinking! I would prefer not working in 27C temp and 60% humidity but would do it for the cause. The local garden supply center only has 1 2x4 gorilla tent. Plenty of 3x3 and 4x4 in stock... might pull the trigger on a 3x3. Ordered the 1 2x4, thinking about snagging a 3x3. They said a month or so before they would get any more stock.
A 3x3 could also work, but it is not a size that I particularly like. Too small for 4 plants (at least sometimes), wrong shape for 2 or 3 (usually), too big for 2 (autos). OTOH, you could put a monster photo in there if you can deal with height.

Kinda like strains, so many options, so little time. :biggrin:

rooms are awesome when you old like me because you can elavate stuff, tents your workin floor level. i like widows for the outside air, i'm in basement and it very humid and the outside air way less so i use it to control my humidity

rooms are awesome when you old like me because you can elavate stuff, tents your workin floor level. i like widows for the outside air, i'm in basement and it very humid and the outside air way less so i use it to control my humidity
I hear you, my joints have been creaking for a few years now. I found a shoe tray at the hardware store that is 18"x36". It has some depth to it and is very robust. I was going to try that out for stacking plant risers. I have a few milk crates that MIGHT fit in the tray. I have a few plant stands that might work if the crates dont. I guess I could notch out the crate if there is a special conflict. Another reason to break out the power tools!

Amazon has a 2x4 gorilla tent. I may pick up that one in lieu of waiting for the local garden shop to get new stock in. I try to keep it local as much as I can.

I would go with two tents because it will give you more options for controlling climate, smell, and light leaks. Doing the second part of the grow in the open room could make controlling humidity and temperature more tricky

+1

Back