Understanding LED Technology - The Manual - California LightWorks Interview with George Mekhtarian -

Did this Thread help you to understand LED Technology better?

• Yes

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
exactly... slapped the reppin' bejezuz outof him... :crying: :slap:

I think you completely misunderstood the point of my post sir. Please do not take it as a pissing match, kissing anyones ass or any other deragatory fashion as that is not how it was meant. My statement was asking you, that do you believe that things can change? I posted a link that explained how UVB benefits plants, not how it MIGHT but how it does. I have no agenda either my friend but I do believe that technology and scientific testing over the years can prove there is a way to utilize the UVB spectrum. I highly doubt JM questions your intelligence, he was asking you why you keep giving advice that is clearly contradicted in studies and journals. It is an open debate and my link was supporting one party in the debate and my own experience with LEDs. Please don't take any of my messages or posts as jabs at anyone. I am one of the most light hearted people you'll ever interact with. When I asked if you were stuck in your ways and stubborn, I was asking do you believe there is an application for UVB or are you 100% sold that no matter what you seed, what proof you're given that UVB sucks. The application and use of the UVB makes a difference as well. When was the last time you tried UVB? What fashion did you try it in?

There's no tone to text messages on a forum man, so I never take anything anyone says in a hostile way unless they call me a moron or something. Please don't take anything I say in a hostile way, this community is chill as can be man.

Thanks for the rep, I've been wanting to use that link since I found it! Back of my head is a little sore now though. :lol:

Hey dude, you're obviously taking this the wrong way.. please don't go attacking other folks character and integrity when no one has attacked yours. That's lame and kills the whole forum vibe. It's what you insinuated I did to you in my post, but I promise it was just a misunderstanding. I'm pretty sure the rep was because I posted a definitive article on EXACTLY how UVB works and why it's beneficial, not because it was a rebuttal to your post.

I'm pretty sure the rep was because I posted a definitive article on EXACTLY how UVB works and why it's beneficial, not because it was a rebuttal to your post.
that is exactly correct.. it was the efficacy of the data. :gthumb:

I highly doubt JM questions your intelligence, he was asking you why you keep giving advice that is clearly contradicted in studies and journals. It is an open debate and my link was supporting one party in the debate and my own experience with LEDs. Please don't take any of my messages or posts as jabs at anyone. I am one of the most light hearted people you'll ever interact with. When I asked if you were stuck in your ways and stubborn, I was asking do you believe there is an application for UVB or are you 100% sold that no matter what you seed, what proof you're given that UVB sucks. The application and use of the UVB makes a difference as well. When was the last time you tried UVB? What fashion did you try it in?
I don't question your intelligence as I would no less expect you to question mine. I'm sorry if you mistook my or other's statements as rude or pack mentality, but we strive to give quality information here... and to do our due diligence in research prior to posting data as even so much as relevant, so much less for really good data.

Sorry bro,but you lack integrity and a backbone.
as far as my integrity... look around the site.. ask around... I've no need to even answer to that. :scope:

The crux of my first post in this thread has completely been missed,when I clearly wrote the use of uvb has been used by growers since the seventies to supplement weak lighting.
maybe in the seventies that was the case... we'll getto technology evolving since then in a moment... for now we'll chalk that up to compensation. :2cents:

Uv light makes up 4 percent of the light produced by the sun and any effect it has is minimal,the active range of photo active radiation is between 400-700nm,with the photo meaning the direct effect on photosythesis.
speaks nothing to this:
Ultra-violet light participates in the biosynthesis of THC acids from CBD acids, the conversion of CBC acids to CCY acids, and the conversion of CBD acids to CBS acids.
View attachment 167228

Notice the cartenoids on the chart!

or this for that matter.... the atmosphere actually filters.. and the ionosphere performs some of that function.... read up on MUF (Maximum Useable Frequency)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_usable_frequency

man or animal and doesn't require a plant to create defense mechanisms.
if you study nutrition and biology closely... you'
ll see that any organism that isn attacked ocassionally gets weak... thats why breederws put their plants through rigourous testing and conditions.. to select who performs best even under those conditions...

I suggest you see this:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilBYcG0QZSg[/video]

and I have to say... about 3/4 through i chuckled a bit... cuz as much as this girl knows... she knows nothing of organic pesticides.. :2cents:

As for the paper being definative,it certainly contradicts the views of many studies and that of my own and friends who were testing the effects of uv in the late seventies.
What definitive controls didyou use? what variables? what strains? do you have data you logged that you can site? what instrumentation did you use to derive results? chromatography? extraction? spectral analysis of cannibinoid profiles?
We found profound effects in seedlings with many mutations and damage to dna,while in the later stages of growth it did enhance resin and trich production.
yes, you're not supposed to use it on seedlings... its for flowering or late stage growth to promote both essential oil and cannabinoid production and to stimulate the defensive response. thats why we dry plants out at the end and decrease humidity... it makes the plant fire out resins in preparation for tough times... thats the idea. its already used in commercial food industry in indoor growing apparatus.

Much like led diodes which are causing concern now because there light emmitance and the fact that people are spending to much time looking at that can cause severe damage to the eyes and blindness...goggle that.
I certainly didnt recommend staring into them! :roflcry:

Is the quest for bumper yields that important that we have to resort to using dangerous light spectras that don't have to be used now and aren't a requirement.
for me, at least, the quest is always to develop the BEST product possible... be it canna, vegetable, fruit, or otherwise. if I can do it as closely as possible to the same method nature employs, all the better.... in fact... i am a purest in that fashion. a damn grow it right snob... for sure...

:smokeit:

I have a question about the CLW Solarflare 200w Full Cycle. What distance should the light be kept at from the tops of the plant? I know they say it provides plenty of light at 24", but is there some kind of "sweet spot" to maximize yield? Thanks to anyone who can answer this.

I picked up one of these (CLW SF200), Ill throw it on the last few weeks of my sweet skunk auto grow tomorrow. I will start a journal in 5-6 weeks on a Delicious Cotton candy under one of these. I will post a review of course, but that will be a long while since its a photo strain.

I wouldnt put a 200 much closer than 18... 24 should be good... love to hear how the 2oo's perform... my 400 is a TANK!! bullet proof... its even "temped" off a bunch of times in hot summer... and comes back on when it cools... def pricyer.. but a quality build... by quality company. shit... cant beat a 3 yr warranty!

so I'm a year in on mine... and LOVE it! Wish I could afford another one!

Man it seems sometimes I need to keep my 400 away between 24" to 36" also have noticed that it's strain specific... Very pleased with mine so far! JM mine kicked off once due to it's kill switch, I called Cali works and they said to blow a clip on fan on the fans, I have done such and have never had it shut down again, even during some scorching weather . Best of luck with your 200 I'm sure you'll be pleased

I have a new 1600$ LED........ and I also grow in a 4x4 tent with a 600 watt cool tube HPS. NO contest. The resin production alone much less the huge sticky buds,,,,,,selling the HPS, and just ordered another 1600$ best in the world LED

- - - Updated - - -

Hydro Grow 336X

Back