Understanding LED Technology - The Manual - California LightWorks Interview with George Mekhtarian -

Did this Thread help you to understand LED Technology better?

• Yes

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
That's a great article but the pictures are a bit confusing. They aren't really related to the point in the article they are placed at and it's confusing if the author is referring to chinese, his own, or CLW's diodes, units ect. If bold captions were paced in there or some further explanation it would help a lot.

Great read :thumbs:

I agree with you on a lot of your points... But I own a 400 CLW.... and its DA BOMB!

as far as UVB... read "mariujanana botany"

https://www.autoflower.org/f73/marijuana-botany-1963.html

Anyone who understands semiconductors and cooling and heat sinks and light spectrums and how those componenets apply to plants can see George makes some excellent points.. the lights speak for it... so... I'm a belive... yes they are expensive... but they are a class A product...

:smokeit:

I've not seen any evidence of Penetrators "leaving everything in there wake" don't get me wrong there are among the best but there are other proven LED lights on here.

I agree with you on a lot of your points... But I own a 400 CLW.... and its DA BOMB!

as far as UVB... read "mariujanana botany"

https://www.autoflower.org/f73/marijuana-botany-1963.html

Anyone who understands semiconductors and cooling and heat sinks and light spectrums and how those componenets apply to plants can see George makes some excellent points.. the lights speak for it... so... I'm a belive... yes they are expensive... but they are a class A product...

:smokeit:

jm are the uv bulbs anything like the uv bulbs for reptiles?

Very nice interview! Got half way through it and realized this is quality stuff. Just had to say thanks. Love the fact they mix blu-uv t8. A lot to be said about a company that realizes the need for this. I think they have a new fan! Very nice!!

im an l.e.d grower myself and the biggest thing holding the industry back from becoming the grow light of choice is the price of the units

ive recentley had a discussion on another forum about l.e.d lights vs hps and £ for £ hps is still the winner, why would you spend £1000 on a grow light when you can get a 600 watt hps for £100 and get the same results

i know hps isnt economical in the fact it watses 70% of input in heat and only uses 30% to actually grow the plants where as l.e.d uses 80% to grow the plants and 20% to power the units but untill the prices get realistic hardcore growers are still gonna choose hps as they are a proven source

the thing that gets me the most is that some poor fuker is sat in a factory working 12 hours a day for £5 a week making these lights and they are sold to the west and inflated in price, ive seen so many posts about buying direct from china for a much cheaper price but why hasnt anybody took the initiative to start a business and pass the savings on, i know we live in a capitalist system but where does the need for greed stop and humanity become more important?

enlighten me

Lets keep this thread on track please guys.This is not the thread to start a humanitarian discussion it's a thread on how LEDs work :group:

Last edited:
jm are the uv bulbs anything like the uv bulbs for reptiles?

yes sniper... I used to use a pair of 26W reptisun 20.0's before the solarstorm came.....

and I DEFINETLY NOTICED an increase in crystal resin production...

I have to find that article for you on UVB and trichome resin pathways... I'm sure you'd see why I consider it important then Kryptonite.

:smokebuds:

cool seams you already had the same idea as me

any particular reason going with the 20 and not the 50 uvb

Last edited:
Back