Harvest & Curing Vacuum sealing Mason jars

SHRED

"Onward through the fog!" - Oat Willie
Reaction score
I have an adapter that lets me remove air out in order to create a strong suction on the lid.

I have done this and stored in the freezer with success.

I'm wondering if it helps at room temp storage?

I'm 10 days into burping and they are all holding steady in the zone.

20230128_135118.jpg

@SHRED Long time no see?

I have ditched my jars for Grove Bags, I cure and store in them right on the shelf. I have bud over 2 years old with no noticeable loss in terps or moisture.

If this is just not an option for you then only vacuum bud that is totally cured because the curing process needs oxygen. After that the vacuum may add to the shelf life regardless to the temperature - Well room temperature ~68°F. High heat is terps enemy.

I bought an adapter for same reason then got turned onto grove bags so never tried it....Grove bags are just too easy to not use them.

I bought an adapter for same reason then got turned onto grove bags so never tried it....Grove bags are just too easy to not use them.
Grove Bag sized are rated by ounces.

Is a 4 oz bag capable of holding 4 ounces of buds or should 3 ozs be placed in there to allow headspace?

When is heat sealing necessary?
Is it is you are storing for over a few months?

Supposed to hold what they say but I use 1Lb bags, boveda packs and a hygrometer in each one. I just separate by strain in each bag so never actually have a Lb of any one strain.

I vacuum seal 2 oz's each per 1 L mason jar and store in a bottom cupboard.

My oldest is coming on two years old and looks/tastes the same as the day it went in....

Cheers

Supposed to hold what they say but I use 1Lb bags, boveda packs and a hygrometer in each one. I just separate by strain in each bag so never actually have a Lb of any one strain.
I order 1/4 pound bags to hold 3 to 4 ounces.

I hope 3 ounces is enough for a 4 ounce bag?

Back