Growing strange,...
Staff member
AFN Admin
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
fine-ass '22 harvest!
:welcome:-- Hey gang! :toke:.... It's time to fire up the photo' thread for this year now that things are well under way -:woohoo:... and this year it's going to be a K.I.S.S. grow using KIS Organics Nutrient Pack amended soil! The idea here is to create a "water only", very low maintenance rich soil that will take a lot of nutrient fuss and bother out of the equation, and have a pretty much fully organic grow this year! :greenthumb:... I will still be adding in some select supp's like Si, humic-fulvic, inoculant, micronutrients and some light PK boosting...

n1.jpg

>>> SOIL: my trusty Empire Builder (Sanctuary Soil), already fairly rich so the trick was to figure out how to get the right application rate. After talking with KIS owner Tad @KIS , I ended up using about 2qt's for 60gal of soil; the Pack is about 6 qt's, so it's a damn nice value as well as one of the best products of it's kind out there! :thumbsup:
I mixed it up in a couple large tubs with some inoculant, let it sit and cook for a couple weeks or so, turning and rehydrating a few times... Within a few days I was getting patches of nice white filaments of mycelia here and there! No stank surprisingly, just a very rich soil aroma during this stage...

>>> GENETICS:
- Red Mandarine F1FV (Sweet)
- Ice Cool (Sweet)
- Pineapple (SeedStockers)
- Mimosa Champagne (Female)
- Strawberry Amnesia (Dinafem)
- F99 x Black Lime Reserve (private breeder)

---> All are in 10gal fabric pots... Same place as last year, a friends/clients home which is less than a mile from the ocean... makes for some challenging conditions to say the least! ...Fall weather is the best, Summers are foggy... By Sept/Oct., some light rain is typical, and that kicks off the mold wars! If I can swing it, I'll be trying a new product called RotBlock, a bacterium that helps fight off mold... I try to pick cultivars that have at least good mold resistance, but what breeders say and what you experience can be rather different - :rolleyes1:

Seedlings got started in the tent with the auto's initially, then after a couple weeks hardened off to outdoor life....

>>> 6/4
photos.jpg

>>> 6/8
photos.jpg

>>> 6/16
photos.jpg

>>> 6/18 just after transplanting...

--- Pineapple and F99 x BLR
o1.jpg

--- Ice Cool and Mimosa Champagne
o2.jpg

--- Strawberry Amnesia and Red Mandarine F1FV
o3.jpg
o4.jpg

Last edited:
:smoker1: ... now 6/22; watching closely to see how they like the soil, if it's too hot,... so far OK!

>>> first set, top clockwise: F99 x BLR, Strawberry Amn., Pineapple.... then a 90 degree left shot....
q1.jpg
q2.jpg

>>> (same) Red Mandarine F1FV, Ice Cool, Mimosa Ch.
q3.jpg
q4.jpg

:gary: still OK as of today, but I didn't get pics yet,... It's windy there, so they do get a little beat up at first. To help I give them foliars of Si, fulvic, kelp to toughen them up.... I see a tiny bit of nute richness leaf symptoms, but nothing noteworthy at all so far!
RM is going apeshit! F99 x BLR right behind her, and overall, the best growth for this time period I've had, even with the cool/foggy days :coffee:... The rest are catching up, note that SA is a week younger than the rest....

Last edited:
:smoker1: ... now 6/22; watching closely to see how they like the soil, if it's too hot,... so far OK!

>>> first set, top clockwise: F99 x BLR, Strawberry Amn., Pineapple.... then a 90 degree left shot....
View attachment 1206323View attachment 1206324

>>> (same) Red Mandarine F1FV, Ice Cool, Mimosa Ch.
View attachment 1206325View attachment 1206326

:gary: still OK as of today, but I didn't get pics yet,... It's windy there, so they do get a little beat up at first. To help I give them foliars of Si, fulvic, kelp to toughen them up.... I see a tiny bit of nute richness leaf symptoms, but nothing noteworthy at all so far!
RM is going apeshit! F99 x BLR right behind her, and overall, the best growth for this time period I've seen, even with cool/foggy days :coffee:... The rest are catching up, note that SA is a week younger than the rest....
If I was a plant I would want to have my roots in your soil:growing:.

A little wind damage is nothing did you see what the deer did to Dabber :holymoly:.

:pass: Hey MoG, thanks for popping in! You know, I'm STILL kicking myself for not doing this last year, I don't know how the f' I talked myself out of it?! ...... Poor Dabber, I certainly did see the nice snack that fucker deer had! :doh:... I'm stoked to see he has a back-up :woohoo1:

Hoy you , Ya gona have to explain this ---- I will still be adding in some select supp's like Si, humic-fulvic, inoculant, micronutrients and some light PK boosting... Water only - but - :biggrin: :thumbsup:

:smoking:...look deeeeply into my brow eye when I say, KIS recommends them for best results - :backside: :haha:.... I know, I'ma cheatin bastard!

I'm subbed. You make me want to do outdoor soil grows.

I will still be adding in some select supp's like Si, humic-fulvic, inoculant, micronutrients and some light PK boosting...

I read it as
I will still be adding extra love and care

Back